This discussion is closed.
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fayzd)
I'd wanna be famous in my academic field.

Not so famous that everyone in the country knew who i was.
... maybe it's just me, but i went to london recently to perform at the National Theatre, and it goves a great view of the city at night.
anyhoo, i went up there one night and thought... "God, nobody out there knows my name - isn't that a tragedy? (actors ego strikes again), so thats part of the reason i want to be famous: to me it would give value to my life, it would mean that i wasn't forgotten when i died, it would mean i lived on...

.. i guess thats pretty important to me... :confused:
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
... by the way, i'm pretty drunk, but this is all true :rolleyes:
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
I don't want to be famous. I just want to be respected.

My sentiments exactly. I want to be respected in my field and by my colleagues.
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i would hate to be famous. people coming upto u all the time. you would never get any peace.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
i would hate to be famous. people coming upto u all the time. you would never get any peace.
alternatively, knowledge that people know who you are and always have an opinion, good or bad
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
but still i would want my limo and my mansion
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The thing is, would you get money with the fame?
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
The thing is, would you get money with the fame?
i bloody hope so.

I would also want a limo and a mansion
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i wouldn't like to be famous and that also include in my academic field then there is a risk that everybody expects so much from you and i would hate to feel that pressure. i would like to have respect but i don't want to be famous
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
i wouldn't like to be famous and that also include in my academic field then there is a risk that everybody expects so much from you and i would hate to feel that pressure. i would like to have respect but i don't want to be famous
you dont wanna be famous :eek:
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what about everybody coming up to you and telling you how great you are??? thats the best feeling - when some stranger tells you your amazing!
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
you dont wanna be famous :eek:
no, why is that so shocking?
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
what about everybody coming up to you and telling you how great you are??? thats the best feeling - when some stranger tells you your amazing!
strangers don't know me just because they have seen me on tv or sth like that, but i have to admit that if i do suh good in my work and a stranger founds out and compliment me i would appreciate that
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
and then proceeds to stalk you...
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
...being famous has its ups and downs, but i look forward to the day i take out my first court injunction... *dreams - "fat bob, you are not legally allowed to come within 4 miles of Mr. Samuel Morris"*
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
...and never leave you alone and you have to live in fear that someone can attack you at any moment
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
...and never leave you alone and you have to live in fear that someone can attack you at any moment
sexually of course...
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've never thought about it that much...

But now that this Harry Potter opportunity has come up, hmmmmmm ! *ponder*
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i just want to be rich enough to buy myself an island in the carribbean, put a bungalow on it, a hamock, and a giant trampoline, and everblooming mango trees......then i would bring my cousins and my bestest mates....the perfect way to live! a life time oof beautiful beachs, mango juice, trampoline, hammock and the people i love most!
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
even more the reason to become famous
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (167)
71.06%
No I haven't decided yet (40)
17.02%
Yes but I might change my mind (28)
11.91%

Watched Threads