Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    At my school there are few teachers sitting at desks in the middle of the cafeteria and you have to go up to one of them, depending on your surname, and they give you your envelope.
    Yeah same for mine but its in the private study room/hall as opposed to the cafeteria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    No, thank God, I'd hate that! Plus it'd be really hard to see what you got because everyone would be crowding around the list. At my school there are few teachers sitting at desks in the middle of the cafeteria and you have to go up to one of them, depending on your surname, and they give you your envelope.
    Same here. However, the location is inside the school in the middle of the 'main street', where there is a desk with 2 teachers sitting. We just ask any teacher near the desk, and if they have it, they will give it to you. If not, you will need to go to another teacher to get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Can't you just compare them to your own past performance and/or expectations? :confused:
    I think it's all about how the paper was that year and how everyone else did in it. That's how the grades are distributed in the first place. Your results aren't just results, they're about you within the competition, for uni places, jobs, etc.

ReputationRep:
    We get school exams handed back individually. And for the state exams we log onto some website, stick in our user ids and passwords, and receive our results that way.

ReputationRep:
    no, my school hands us an envelope with our results inside. I prefer it this way, it made coping with getting BBD last year a lot easier/less embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    nope, we just collect the sheet of paper from a teacher sitting at a desk. no envelopes either- but it makes it easier.

ReputationRep:
    With my january exam results i had to go see some woman at my school and she just shouted out what i got, which was really embarassing seeing as i failed both exams!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, i wouldn't worry much about it - people will be more interested in their own results!

ReputationRep:
    Just bring some tip-ex with you and accidently spill it over your results

ReputationRep:
    My school does that...

(I think Amie and I may go to the same school, but she's in the year above me. Amie, if you're still here, SWGS?)

At GCSE everyone crowded round and there was lots of, "did you hear what so and so got?" Only one person in the year didn't get 5 A*-C, and everyone knew. It will be the same at AS... yay.

ReputationRep:
    My school does put up a list but with candidate no. So ppal hardly know others candidate no.s lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    My school does that...

(I think Amie and I may go to the same school, but she's in the year above me. Amie, if you're still here, SWGS?)

At GCSE everyone crowded round and there was lots of, "did you hear what so and so got?" Only one person in the year didn't get 5 A*-C, and everyone knew. It will be the same at AS... yay.
    Oh my god, yes! Small world!

ReputationRep:
    Actully my school is new to this,I mean first time to have AS and A2 grades given togather,so I don't know the proceedure,what they're gonna do,or whatever,hmmm loads of As students so it might be a diellama here, plus to be honest As still worry about their results,they studied so that they can get high grades from the first time,not from the second or the third,it costs money,and alot of pressure and effort,to study A2 and AS togather, so good luck all As peeps and surely the A2 too:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Oh my god, yes! Small world!
    How funny, year 12(moving into yr 13) BWS boy here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    My school does that...

And just realised who you are! How funny, I'm not going to tell you who I am because i think the guessing and mystery will annoy you hahah, hi there Maria! x

ReputationRep:
    Wow, such a small world! Maria...do I know a Maria at SWGS? Its so strange to think that I've probably seen you both about school and town loads, but I don't know which faces you are!

ReputationRep:
    Wait, you know me?! 50p_mush... who would have that name. Are you someone who likes me or hates me? Give me clues, dammit.

Argh, so embarrassing. Thank god I've been mostly hanging round fashion and beauty and not saying anything incriminating.

Yes, I'm Maria. Amie: I'm half-black and have massive hair. Very loud. I've no idea who you are though... year 12 and 13 didn't really mix...

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 5ft tall, dark brown hair and I take science subjects! I don't know if you'd have seen me around, I didn't go in a lot haha. But I'm shortest girl in Year 13, that might help you place me! I work in Topshop too.

I'm trying to place you, I'm not sure though! As I say, I wasn't in school a whole lot so I'm finding it hard!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.