Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    as title dont wanna go for interviews for places I dont wanna go to but for some reason as I applied for em just for sake of it now I have a 0.01% caring factor for them lol especially as I heard nothing from the main uni i wanna go to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmarsupial)
    as title dont wanna go for interviews for places I dont wanna go to but for some reason as I applied for em just for sake of it now I have a 0.01% caring factor for them lol especially as I heard nothing from the main uni i wanna go to

I am in a similar situation- have an interview at Kings the 28th Jan-not sure whether i should go-prefer Oxford and LSE to Kings...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    I am in a similar situation- have an interview at Kings the 28th Jan-not sure whether i should go-prefer Oxford and LSE to Kings...
    if you have offers from those two then dont bother going!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    for exeter i said i didnt want to go and they made me an offer.

for cardiff i ignored 3 requests for an interview and they gave me an offer anyway!!!

for wawick and others they gave me interviews and i igored them and they got the hint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Suppose you are right, but thought perhaps another interview practice wouldn't hurt. Trying to decide between Oxford and LSE, at the moment i am more inclined towards Oxford..but i am sure i will be more into LSE by next week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Suppose you are right, but thought perhaps another interview practice wouldn't hurt. Trying to decide between Oxford and LSE, at the moment i am more inclined towards Oxford..but i am sure i will be more into LSE by next week!
    At least, you have a choice! Unlike some other people here... Did you get an offer from LSE yet? If I were you, I'd grab the offer from Oxford with both hands!!! But that's just me...

ReputationRep:
    ah ok so whats best ignoring or sending a letter/reply slip saying no and if so how should I say no lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmarsupial)
    With a lot of the less prestigious universities calling you for interview is simply a bit of propaganda on their part to encourage you to go to their university. They want you to see their facilities and to choose their uni as your firm offer.(remember more students=more money)

These unis will give you an offer even if you dont attend interview. however i would go to your top three choices for interview just to suss out the atmosphere and to show interest. The most prestigious universities will expect you to attend for interview if they invite you though - durham, LSE, kings, nottingham etc
    Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Places like Nottingham will reject you if you turn down their interview.

My mate sent quite a rude reply back to Hull when asked for an interview saying he's received offers from more respected unis... a few days later got another letter "Congratulations! You have been accepted by the University of Hull..."

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Exeter a couple of years ago but didn't want to go all that way for an interview so I emailed and explained that I really wanted to go to Leeds and that Exeter were offer the same number of points so I wouldn't consider them as an insurance, and they dropped my offer by 4 points and offered me a place without interview, they must've been really desperate to have me!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.