The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
67%
I got 82%, but it was a lot of irrelevant crap. If people want to come into the country, I only really care that they contribute back to society (work or volunteer), and spend a bit of time learning English.
Reply 22
Some of those questions were very odd.
What political issues are young people interested in?
A. Health and Education
B. not interested
C. Terrorism
D. Environment and Animal Rights

Wtf?

I got 68%
Reply 23
Margaret Thatcher
1) If someone was serious about becoming a UK citizen and adopting our way of life, they would spend a long time revising British history, culture and general knowledge so that they could pass the test.

2) The Queen is Head of State and the embodiment of the nation, I see no issue with pledging allegiance to her.

Did that in one night and passed :p: :yep:
Reply 24
T.K.B
Did that in one night and passed :p: :yep:

Were the questions on the actual test as odd as those on the sample?
64%

Nothing on the test was relevant to life in Britain, or would be something expected to be known outside of the Office of National Statistics and British academia. What a load of crock.

Then again I suppose I'll have to enjoy crap like this upon moving to Canada . . . joy.
i got 67%
Reply 27
79% pass, with a great deal of totally random guessing. definitely odd questions though...
when this frst came out they did some sample ones in my oggice

a lot of people didnt know what the houses of lords was - i think it goes without syaing most of them failed.

in general it does seem to ask some odd questions though.
Dhalgren
Is this genuine? I got "Yo need to keep trying", surely they'd at least spell-check it?

I found that amusing too. :biggrin:

I got 60something %.

Good job I'm not trying for British Citizenship.
Still, anyone can get lucky on the day with multiple choice anaswers...
Reply 30
Stella476
I got a 52 per cent... I guess I have about ten years to brush up. Who knows who will be running the bus systems then.

Huh? You have a perfectly good citizenship anyway. It's not like you're from Iran or something.
Reply 31
Aphotic Cosmos
64%

Nothing on the test was relevant to life in Britain, or would be something expected to be known outside of the Office of National Statistics and British academia. What a load of crock.

Then again I suppose I'll have to enjoy crap like this upon moving to Canada . . . joy.

Canada doesn't have a citizenship test.
That test was even stupider than the US one I saw which is pretty ******* impressive.
Reply 33
71% which is a fail.

Loads of quite frankly bizarre questions in it - when did women get the legal right to divorce their husbands? How many children are in work at any one time?

I appreciate that Britain has a long and interesting history but surely there are more relevant things for immigrants to learn about.
I failed the test, what a load of nonsense though. Why is it relevant to know the percentage hourly rate women get paid less than men? That's a job for the government and business leaders to sort out.

The questions are poor and ill thought out. Why not have practical questions for instance on registering to vote, accessing public services, tax, crime and justice, safety on the roads, etc?
Reply 35
vas876
75% was the pass mark, the results you got were in red on the left side of the screen.

Thanks....I didnt notice that :o: . Anyway, yay I passed the test, looks like I can stay.Already a British citizen though, so I wont have to pay £900 :woo:
Reply 36
n00
Were the questions on the actual test as odd as those on the sample?

This is what i did: was trying out the sample tests without reading the book- was getting around 12-15 of them right (need 18/24 right to pass); then read the damn book- was getting 19-22 of them right everytime i tried. Took the test the next day and I passed :smile:
Ohh- and the actual test had questions with multiple possible answers- so watch out for that. :yep:
Reply 37
68%, i.e. fail.

Err, I think the test is bull. Very little of the knowledge there is of any use to somebody trying to integrate into British culture, and actually, quite a lot of the knowledge there only seeks to highlight how terrible and backward Britain really is.

I would fail the test, and in fact, even if I passed I would not be able to make myself pledge allegiance to the monarchy. I despise the monarchy.
68% :smile:
I got 76% :awesome: I don't need a visa for England though :woo: Wouldn't like to fork out nearly a grand for it though!

Latest

Trending

Trending