The Student Room Group
Reply 1
say the reason you want to be a nurse, thats what they're looking for.
Reply 2
Can you remember the first moment you wanted to be a nurse? and why? They like to hear a personal stories at the interview not just because you want to care for people etc.. they want to know WHY.

This was my answer which I used in my interviews: (I didn't say it word for word)

I want to be a nurse because I've always had an interest in caring for people, putting them at ease and improving their quality of life. The first time I wanted to be a nurse was when I was in school and used to go to the hospital many of times with my friend who has type 1 diabetes. My first job at 17 was in a healthcare setting in a nursing home. I saw how the nurses and care assistants carried out their jobs. I worked in America for 3 months – at a special needs camp for adults & children who had a variety of needs – from adults with traumatic brain injuries, cerebral palsy and bi-polar to children with autism, down’s syndrome, spinal bifida and cancer. I had to help with personal care and also got to see the role of the nurse in a different country.

Hope that helps a little. Just think of why you personally want to be a nurse - it shouldn't be the same answer as anyone else.
Well just think of why nursing and not another healthcare profession. What is it that draws you to nursing?
We can't answer that question for you, it's a personal thing and aspect you need to work out for yourself

I'm halfway through my course, and you know what...i genuinely cannot pinpoint WHY i want to be a nurse, it just makes sense that i am one!
Reply 5
Subcutaneous
We can't answer that question for you, it's a personal thing and aspect you need to work out for yourself

I'm halfway through my course, and you know what...i genuinely cannot pinpoint WHY i want to be a nurse, it just makes sense that i am one!

you have not qualified yet!!!

sorry i know it was childish to pick that out but i know you would do exactally that same with me and anyone else who said that. childish but ture.

EDIT: just before you kick off... this comment is a joke.
Reply 6
Subcutaneous

I haven't started my course yet, but that's exactly how I feel.

I can't pin-point why, I just know that it interests me and that I feel my personality would be suited to it. It's probably a combination of many things that got me interested, I can't just name one or two specific things. It was such a hard question to answer in my interview!
Summer241
I haven't started my course yet, but that's exactly how I feel.

I can't pin-point why, I just know that it interests me and that I feel my personality would be suited to it. It's probably a combination of many things that got me interested, I can't just name one or two specific things. It was such a hard question to answer in my interview!

yeah, i hate the course sometimes, have a lot of pressure and question soooo often why im bothering, but I really enjoy it

Latest