Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Will you stop replacing the word 'REVENGE' with the word 'JUSTICE'! Justice isn't pay-back, this isn't a movie, im not the one who's dillusional. Justice is designed to deal with, and prevent criminals.

And not a page ago, I asked you not to ask one of those bloody 'if your family' questions, that comes down to emotional manipulation. I gave that reply already. If that happened to my family, i would be distraught, but no amount of senseless 'retribution' would make me feel better, let alone a better person.

Right now, here, what I'm saying, i don't think I'm being idealistic, I don't see how not helping him will do anything other than compramise our moral integraty. Your opinion isn't 'realistic', it isn't even productive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    *Singing* Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya. Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya.
    Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya. Oh Lord Kumbaya!!!!

Anyone know the next few lines??
    And then we can form a human chain in the shape of a big heart. :rolleyes: Thousands of us, ordinary people going about their business, policemen, teachers, hairy assed builders, housewifes, blacks, whites, jews, christians, muslims, canibals, vicars, and terrorists together.....we can do it......all we need is love........

Then we can form a train (like at those crappy discos that happen in remote village halls when your cousin gets married) and all collapse in a heap, laughing and giggling, and marvelling at how much we love one another. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why did the debate break down into personal attacks?

ReputationRep:
    I asked you not to ask one of those bloody 'if your family' questions
    You jolly well seem to be asking others the same question? You are asking other famlilies to flip the bill for a man who is responsible for their loved one's murders. Bakri can use his own money to have his own operation in his own country. If you love him so much, go stick your hand out. If you think he has a right to this operation, why don't you pay for it? That would make a good test of all your saintly talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    And then we can form a human chain in the shape of a big heart. :rolleyes: Thousands of us, ordinary people going about their business, policemen, teachers, hairy assed builders, housewifes, blacks, whites, jews, christians, muslims, canibals, vicars, and terrorists together.....we can do it......all we need is love........

Then we can form a train (like at those crappy discos that happen in remote village halls when your cousin gets married) and all collapse in a heap, laughing and giggling, and marvelling at how much we love one another. :rolleyes:
    I am roaring with laughter! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I am roaring with laughter! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Well, I'm dressing up as a Red Indian for the "YMCA" song. :rolleyes: What are you going as?

ReputationRep:
    You jolly well seem to be asking others the same question? You are asking other famlilies to flip the bill for a man who is responsible for their loved one's murders. Bakri can use his own money to have his own operation in his own country. If you love him so much, go stick your hand out. If you think he has a right to this operation, why don't you pay for it? That would make a good test of all your saintly talk.
    Really, ease off making it personal. When did I say I loved the man, he is an evil evil person. And like I said, I'm under the impression that he can't get the operation in his own country.

So would you not let crimals have health care then? How would that work, some sort of scale? Murders can't have any health care? Violent crime - allowed heart surgery, but not antibiotics? Maybe theives could have everything but asprin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrcheese)
    Really, ease off making it personal. When did I say I loved the man, he was an evil evil person. And like I said, I'm under the impression that he can't get the operation in his own country.

So would you not let crimals have health care then? How would that work, some sort of scale? Murders can't have any health care? Violent crime - allowed heart surgery, but not antibiotics? Maybe theives could have everything but asprin?
    Don't be silly. A foreign born terrorist sympathiser who left the country to avoid deportation isn't the same as a "home-grown" car thief.

ReputationRep:
    Like I've said before already, i believe if you commit a crime and sentenced to prison, you no longer have the same human rights has everybody else. Hence i feel you should not be entitled to healthcare if you are in prison. That should be how the punishment system should work - prison shouldn't be a place to go to be fed and accommodated, it should be as a punishment

ReputationRep:
    you said that people shouldn't have to pay taxes to pay for the health care for someone who killed their loved ones. So should murderes not get health care?

And if murderers dont get health care because they killed loved ones, should assulters not get health care because they abused loved ones, and should thieves not get health care because they dissadvantaged loved ones?

And i can draw Bakri into this as he can't get the op at home, and this is the most realistic other country to provide it

ReputationRep:
    Well I have to go now, I enjoyed the debate except for that last bit...

ReputationRep:
    The usual tabloid nonsense you speak of 'we won't surrender, we are not afraid etc.' is the same nonsense that got Londoners, indeed the whole of Britain, through WWII.

"We shall never surrender" Sounds vaguely Churchillian wouldn't you agree?

There won't be chaos after a few more attacks. If Londoners could get through the Blitz, and years of IRA bombings etc, I don't think the city is going to grind to a halt anytime soon. Don't judge everybody by your own standards of weakness.
    You compare terrorist bombs that killed 50 people to the bombs during WW2..?

I thought you said you didn't make analogies....man of principles...

I love the way you always put in a personal remark right at the end in an attempt to hide how weak your arguments really are....amusing..

ReputationRep:
    Sure. Stop being such a bleeding heart!
    boom boom...basil brush style... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    You compare terrorist bombs that killed 50 people to the bombs during WW2..?
    Obviously not. But you seem to be suggesting that one or two little bombs planted by our terrorist friends and the whole city "will be in chaos" I'm putting forward a very good reason (by reference to heavy duty bombings and IRA terrorism) that you're talking a load of crap.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously not. But you seem to be suggesting that one or two little bombs planted by our terrorist friends and the whole city "will be in chaos" I'm putting forward a very good reason (by reference to heavy duty bombings and IRA terrorism) that you're talking a load of crap.
    But you said you didnt make analogies...? Obviously showing that indeed you are the one talking a load of crap ....

ReputationRep:
    I love the way you always put in a personal remark right at the end in an attempt to hide how weak your arguments really are....amusing..

Well, at least I leave my personal remarks to the end. You devote an entire post to a one line personal attack (when I'm noT even on that board to reply :rolleyes: )

Religion is there to keep happy people like Howard who without it would be lost...

VVanker :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least I leave my personal remarks to the end. You devote an entire post to a one line personal attack (when I'm noT even on that board to reply :rolleyes: )

Religion is there to keep happy people like Howard who without it would be lost...

VVanker :rolleyes:
    Does the truth heart? That comment came a long time after you told me to go back to 'your dad's ball bag' or something to that effect...

What's with the last word...can't you spell? Or is that the christian way of insulting someone?

ReputationRep:
    Does the truth heart? That comment came a long time after you told me to go back to 'your dad's ball bag' or something to that effect...

What's with the last word...can't you spell? Or is that the christian way of insulting someone?
    Try it. If you spell it with a "W" it comes up as ********** Doesn't have the same effect. Oh, yeh...."your dad's ball bag" I remember. Ah....didums...does mommy's little soldier bear a grudge because nasty Howard was roody woody I remember. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Try it. If you spell it with a "W" it comes up as ********** Doesn't have the same effect. Oh, yeh...."your dad's ball bag" I remember. Ah....didums...does mommy's little soldier bear a grudge because nasty Howard was roody woody I remember. :rolleyes:
    No grudge, just pointing out the fact that you are prone to lying more so than anyone in here therefore making your comments as worthless as the as the bible nowadays...

ReputationRep:
    Whenever Alexdel and Howard are placed in a thread together...

(Check enclosed pic)
    Attached Images

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.