Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi people. When i left this was a rather mature discussion. It sidetracked into petty personal bickerings. Alexdel, Howard, cut it out, and take this issue seriously, w/o pathetic side talk please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth)
    Hi people. When i left this was a rather mature discussion. It sidetracked into petty personal bickerings. Alexdel, Howard, cut it out, and take this issue seriously, w/o pathetic side talk please.
    OK. What was the issue again? I've lost track after wading through pages of Alexdel's infantile contributions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    OK. What was the issue again? I've lost track after wading through pages of Alexdel's infantile contributions.
    You see Darth what we have to put up with..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth)
    Nice to have you back Darth! Please restore order and relevancy to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I'll reinitiate with a previous post:
    Look choose between the following scenarios:
    1) We refuse to grant him surgery. Continues to preach hatred. Dies later, catalyses a wave of hatred against the British and western world. A new wave of terrorrist activities are generated.
    2) We grant him the surgery. We have at least a greater chance that he'll stop preaching hatred against the brits, or he'll continue as stated in scenario one.
    I would choose scenario 2 as it increases the chances that he'll recognize the wrong of his ways, as opposed to scenario 1 where such a chance is nonexistant. What would you choose and why? I want a valid justification, not a demonstration of prejiduce against Bakri.
    I know that you've alreafy answered to this SolInvincitus, so disregard it if u want to. I'm attempting to put things back on track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    Whenever Alexdel and Howard are placed in a thread together...

(Check enclosed pic)
    I would have thought Howard would have liked to be the blue-eyes long blonde hair jesus from the middle-east...

p.s what's wrong with wanting peace?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth)
    I'll reinitiate with a previous post:
    Look choose between the following scenarios:
    1) We refuse to grant him surgery. Continues to preach hatred. Dies later, catalyses a wave of hatred against the British and western world. A new wave of terrorrist activities are generated.
    2) We grant him the surgery. We have at least a greater chance that he'll stop preaching hatred against the brits, or he'll continue as stated in scenario one.
    I would choose scenario 2 as it increases the chances that he'll recognize the wrong of his ways, as opposed to scenario 1 where such a chance is nonexistant. What would you choose and why? I want a valid justification, not a demonstration of prejiduce against Bakri.
    I know that you've alreafy answered to this SolInvincitus, so disregard it if u want to. I'm attempting to put things back on track.
    We won't grant him surgery mainly because now that he is outside the country there is no way the uk gov. will let him in again...in the article he is quoted as saying 'I'm going for an appointment in Dec. unless the UK gov. doesnt allow me to'. With the current tabloid frenzy there is no way in hell they will let him do that...

ReputationRep:
    Lets put aside what will realistically happen, Alexdel. Which scenario would you choose, if you had a say in this matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth)
    Lets put aside what will realistically happen, Alexdel. Which scenario would you choose, if you had a say in this matter?
    As I said before if he was in the country I would have given him the op now that he is over there it becomes the other country's responsibility..

ReputationRep:
    I just had a great idea!!!! The UK government gives Bakri the surgery, but use it as an opportunity to implant mind-control devices and reprogramme him. When he wakes up, he won't be able to stop condemning mass murder! He will start working, being productive, exibhiting kindness and compassion and will love Britain and the West, while embracing his Islamic heritage and eastern roots. He will become a model for all of his former ilk, and sooner or later, many will follow him into the mainstream of the world!!! I think I ought to get a Nobel Prize for this idea!!(Just kidding!)

ReputationRep:
    Is it wrong that I don't care that much? It probably is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    I just had a great idea!!!! The UK government gives Bakri the surgery, but use it as an opportunity to implant mind-control devices and reprogramme him. When he wakes up, he won't be able to stop condemning mass murder! He will start working, being productive, exibhiting kindness and compassion and will love Britain and the West, while embracing his Islamic heritage and eastern roots. He will become a model for all of his former ilk, and sooner or later, many will follow him into the mainstream of the world!!! I think I ought to get a Nobel Prize for this idea!!(Just kidding!)
    Seconded. I think however that we should experiment on you first, to check if your strategy will work effectively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth)
    Seconded. I think however that we should experiment on you first, to check if your strategy will work effectively
    Hey... I am a very nice and generous person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    I would have thought Howard would have liked to be the blue-eyes long blonde hair jesus from the middle-east...

p.s what's wrong with wanting peace?
    (Original post by rotten.com)
    Generally depicted in art as a white guy with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair, the location of Jesus' birth and his ethnicity suggest that he probably looked a lot more like Osama bin Laden than Brad Pitt.
    Nothing's wrong with peace. Everything is wrong with hippies though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    Nothing's wrong with peace. Everything is wrong with hippies though.
    As for the other quote...I was saying the same thing (the north european characteristics with middle-east were supposed to be used 'cleverly' in an attempt to show that particular view Gosh sometimes I'm just too clever..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    As for the other quote...I was saying the same thing...
    I know, I just love the article writer on rotten.

ReputationRep:
    Hey... I am a very nice and generous person.
    I know. Which is why you'll willingly volunteer for us to experiment on you. Because you are generous i know that you wouldn't turn dowm this once in a lifetime chance to make a big difference in making the world a better place. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth)
    I know. Which is why you'll willingly volunteer for us to experiment on you. Because you are generous i know that you wouldn't turn dowm this once in a lifetime chance to make a big difference in making the world a better place. :p:
    I say we try it on Alexdel and Howard. Maybe we can make them like eachother?

ReputationRep:
    I say we try it on Alexdel and Howard. Maybe we can make them like eachother?
    I doubt that would work. their brains would resist the concept so fiercely that they would kill themselves. But i would'nt mind trying however.

ReputationRep:
    Theoretically, by British multi-cultural beliefs, we should let him have the operation. But I don't think anybody who threatens the British way of life should be allowed to live here, and therefore they have no rights to our services such as benefits and the (oh don't we love it!) NHS.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.