The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
💞 this reply .... Given me hope for my son ..... Who was told there was interest however on the other hand he was told he is too old (he's 12)
What about a keeper how can he get scouted when they don't need a good first touch and pace to burn?
If you're good enough, its very easy to get noticed. I say this because ultimately you can just get in to non league and then you have a LOT of eyes on you (non-league is full of ex professional players/coaches who know people and word spreads).
Original post by The Shed End
The amount of people I've heard say they used to be in an academy.

This

Go and look at previous "classes" from academies of clubs like Utd, Chelsea etc and you will see the majority of them now play in league 2, Conference etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by billydisco
This

Go and look at previous "classes" from academies of clubs like Utd, Chelsea etc and you will see the majority of them now play in league 2, Conference etc.

The quality must be crazy high even at the top of non-league then (either that or academies are not selective enough or good enough). What do you think is the lowest league where only 50% of players are former U18 academy players?
They do trials for the team I support which is Derby county . I found out there were trials on Twitter . It's just about keeping your eye out and seeing if anything pops up
I would like to join a under 13's football club like a team like Millwall FC or gillingham or charlton
Some people are naturally good at the game also low leagues can be a good starter as many people started off at low ranks just like Jamie vardy the vest I could say if your determined enough you can make it.
actually, 12-16 are the ages most popular ages for kids to join they're first academy. The average lowest year in a football academy is u12 if it is not u12 it's u9. I don't expect you know alot about the youth system in football but I have been in youth set ups for professional teams and I can say with confidence that the statement you just said is ********. If anyone else is reading this please don't listen to people who dont know what they are talking about.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Generally you'll have to attend summer schools and open training sessions, which can carry quite hefty fees in themselves - I know this as I know a young lad quite well who has had a couple of Arsenal trials (he's 10 this year) but wants to sign for Yeovil Town. If he does make it, then look out for a young lad called Fred Parsons in the future. :fyi:

seems to be the way things are going ... in the old days the clubs used to have quite extensive scouting networks and scouted by watching the junior and youth leagues and also tournaments etc ...
How can I get scouted for under 15 from India?
normally that is correct but there are exceptions, for example, Ian wright was 21 and playing for a Sunday league club called ten-em-bee before singing for semi-professional Greenwich borough in 1985 after six or seven matches, he was spotted by a Crystal Palace scout after a tip-off from Dulwich Hamlet manager Billy Smith and was invited for a trial at Selhurst Park. Having impressed then-manager Steve Coppell, he signed professional terms for Crystal Palace in August 1985, just three months short of his 22nd birthday.

so my point is you don't have to be in an academy by 11,12 or even 15 to become a pro you just have to be a bit decent at football and give a 100% to get better and better but it does help you chances to be picked up at an early age.
That's not strictly true, there are many professionals who joined academies at a later age than in the pre-teen/early teen stage. Those of which only went on to play mainstream professional football around the age of 20. Carlos Bacca (if you are aware of him) only started playing as a pro between the ages of 20-22.
My son is 15 has been playing football since a very early age and plays Saturday and Sundays he's currently played for Arsenal soccer schools in the JPL and has now been picked for Saints Southwest but how can I get him noticed
There's many reasons to why you haven't been scouted before the age of like 16, and it may have nothing to do with how good you are, you may have just been unlucky with Who's watching. Personally I don't think you can really judge a footballer until there like 14 15 cause any age under that doesn't really show you what they will be like in future years. I'm 16 and been living in spain most my life, and it's hard to be scouted when ur your the only English in a league of spainsh players cause spanish teams in all honesty will prefer a decent spainsh player than a better foreign player, wellI that's how I see it, I was invited to a trial at levante last year, but they said I wasn't tall enough (5ft6😂) so I went back to my club which is like conference level maybe league 2. I'm moving back to england this year to try and make it pro, and I haven't given up hope yet, im an attacking Mid btw😂
(edited 6 years ago)
My boy is definitely good enough to go pro , plays a much older game than his years . 1-3 touch football is all he plays to get out of tight situations, also a great pass on him into the spaces .Struggling to play his best game as a lot of the boys around him just don't play the 1-3 touch game .He plays for bedgrove in Aylesbury bucks under 13s As well as his school team stoke Mandiville Thursday nights he trains for proformance global and has just had a trail for there elite team which will give him games against MK
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Champ scout
I'm a scout for a championship club. I cover U13's, U14's & U15's. I would disagree with what most have said in regards to age. I have found out that the majority of boys that get scouted at an early age (6-11) usually drop out of the system by the age of 12. Clubs have scouts looking at boys of all ages. You will find that players/boys develop at different ages and the best players at ages 9 & 10 are not necessary the best players at 14 & 15.
Best advice for being scouted is to firstly have a good first touch, followed by pace. A good attitude is also a requirement. Get yourself playing for a good local team and if you are good enough you will get spotted sooner or later.

Hi there
My lad is of championship standard he is good natured and always plays 1-3 touch football . He plays a much older game than his years
In the main he will play the way he's facing and build the play up. He struggles with the lads he plays with as most of them just don't understand the passing game.
He plays for his school team stoke Mandiville in bucks and a local team called bedgrove
Also on a Thursday night he plays with pro formance global he was player of the Month.
He has also just started playing with there elite team which in time will give him chance to play against MK and Norwich , I'm hoping this is going to be of a much better standard for him as he is frustrated because the other lads around him just don't pass the ball around fast enough.

You should have a drive out at some point and come and watch him , he's 13 and very very good .

KR
Richard Frankland

Ryan's dad .
well im 15 can i make it
Thats not true. If youre motivated and determined you can make it. Its people with the same thinking as you that dknt make it.
Reply 79
Gdhjj

Latest