Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have heard a good deal about Sloans, but how do you tell who is a Sloan? do they have any outstanding dress habits like Chavs?

Now here is the problem: :eek: Oh my good lord. I think I might be a Texan sloaney!!! Does wearing a blue dress-shirt with dark blue trousers and a blue pullover, and a cowboy belt, cowboy boots and cowboy hat to a dinner party with a friend make me some sort of Cowboy Sloan? Please help me!!!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    whats the theme to this party? cowboys?! or is that just your choice of clothing...? :p:
    dont worry.... i dont think that sounds very texan-sloany-ish...
    sounds kind of like what im planning to wear to a party im going to... apart from im going to wear a skirt... cos im a girl.
    not that girls cant wear trousers.
    im wearing trousers now...

masie. shut up.

ReputationRep:
    Haha... you're the sloane ranger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masie86)
    whats the theme to this party? cowboys?! or is that just your choice of clothing...? :p:
    dont worry.... i dont think that sounds very texan-sloany-ish...
    sounds kind of like what im planning to wear to a party im going to... apart from im going to wear a skirt... cos im a girl.
    not that girls cant wear trousers.
    im wearing trousers now...

masie. shut up.
    Thank you for providing me some comfort. I am happy to know I am not a Sloan!

It wasn't a cowboy party, but I though it would be fun to dress that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    It wasn't a cowboy party, but I though it would be fun to dress that way.
    well thats even better... go for it! sounds awesome. just rock up in your outfit and cruise through the partay...
    but i reckon you need a sheriff's badge to add the finishing touch to your outfit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masie86)
    well thats even better... go for it! sounds awesome. just rock up in your outfit and cruise through the partay...
    but i reckon you need a sheriff's badge to add the finishing touch to your outfit...
    My friend actually came as Charles II, complete in a restoration costume. I'm sure though, that he must have got some odd looks coming down the street in a win and stockings!

ReputationRep:
    A boy wearing cowboy boots? Can it be real?

I'm not sure you can get Texan Sloanes, I think Sloanes have to be English, and girls, so since you seem to fulfil neither of those criteria, you needn't worry. You might want to rethink your outfit, however.

ReputationRep:
    My friend actually came as Charles II, complete in a restoration costume. I'm sure though, that he must have got some odd looks coming down the street in a win and stockings!
    haha! yeah... i can imagine he did... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    A boy wearing cowboy boots? Can it be real?

I'm not sure you can get Texan Sloanes, I think Sloanes have to be English, and girls, so since you seem to fulfil neither of those criteria, you needn't worry. You might want to rethink your outfit, however.
    haha stop being so miserable, the "outfits" sound cool

Oh, and are you a sloan? God no.
    Stick a few notes down your bra, grab a bottle of VK in one hard, a cigarette in the other, and then perhaps so. But you seem too educated to be a sloan tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Did I say not cool? It just seemed like a bit of a cowboy overload.
    But I'm liking the Charles II-ness.

ReputationRep:
    I have heard a good deal about Sloans, but how do you tell who is a Sloan? do they have any outstanding dress habits like Chavs?

Now here is the problem: :eek: Oh my good lord. I think I might be a Texan sloaney!!! Does wearing a blue dress-shirt with dark blue trousers and a blue pullover, and a cowboy belt, cowboy boots and cowboy hat to a dinner party with a friend make me some sort of Cowboy Sloan? Please help me!!!:eek:
    Please stop screaming and die quietly in the corner.
    (Like anyone actually understands what the hell you are talking about Dolly :-/)

ReputationRep:
    My concern was the fact that might be visiting the UK, and I don't want to be mistaken for any stereotypical figure. I though Sloaneys could also be boys though?

ReputationRep:
    My concern was the fact that might be visiting the UK, and I don't want to be mistaken for any stereotypical figure. I though Sloaneys could also be boys though?
    Do you mean Dr Mark Sloane (aka **** Van Dyke) from Diagnosis Murder? :confused:

ReputationRep:

That doesn't sound like anything I, or anyone I know, would wear, so it's definitely not Texan. Still could be a Sloan though... not so experienced with that one.

ReputationRep:
    wats wrong with looking like a sloane ranger?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I don't actually know what sloan is... could someone be so kind and enlighten me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    Do you mean Dr Mark Sloane (aka **** Van Dyke) from Diagnosis Murder? :confused:
    A little of track but... how cool is that program!

ReputationRep:
    a la a tres stylish girl who is usually seen strutting down sloane street in london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soapysudds1)
    a la a tres stylish girl who is usually seen strutting down sloane street in london
    Ooooh

thanks. well I'm not one of them. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think "stylish" there is a matter of opinion. For one definition, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloane_Ranger

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.