The Student Room Group

My next door neighbours are nutters

The people living next door to me have a yound girl of 3, a boy of 4, and another of 8 (i think) and they are all nutcases. I have never heard a family as noisy. They constantly shouting and screaming in the garden and every now and again one of the parents raises their voice to control the children, but to no avail.

Recently however things have been coming over our fence. Not your usual football or tennisball or anything else that children might accidently hit over. No, these children must be deliberately chucking things over becuase I've had jumpers, spiderman toys, 1p and 2p coins, and various other accesories. On top of our extension roof there is a sock and another item of clothing.

Also today one of them today knocked on our door today to retrieve his toy frog. At first glance I couldn't find anything but then i didn't expect to find the toy in the gutter on the opposite side of the fence :confused:

I do not see this as normal behaviour- chucking your toys over the fence- so has anyone else had experience with wacko neighbours?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Slip some ritalin in their damn drinks.
we are **** neighbours, they dont like us on the road
We've lived where we live for the past 6 years. Our left hand neighbours are on great speaking terms with us, nice neighbours; but our right hand neighbours have never EVER spoken to any of our family - not even to congratulate us on moving in. Apparently, when my parents bought the land, they opposed it, as it would "ruin their view" if another house was built there. Selfish b****rds. It would also explain the 3m high fence, security cameras and dogs they have. I haven't ever actually seen them in the flesh... those are nutty neighbours.
decapitate the cuddly toys then throw them back over the fence.
Reply 5
You could be a scrooge and not return the toys. Or return them broken. Or collect all the 2p coins and take them down Coinstar every month.

My biggest worry would be that unruly kids often become chavs; but you'll probably have left home before that happens. :smile:
Reply 6
We dont get on with our next door attatched neighbours. We had an extention done, got planning permission first time. But we didnt manage to sort the cash. A few years later, we submitted identical plans, they apose them saying it will unbalance their house and the plans were let through cos they had been passed before.

Considering they have a garage in their house, and we have a dinning room in the same place and a separate garage and drive and much larger gardens.

Anyway we got the extention done, they stopped talking for over 2 years, she would have her back to our garden when pegging her washing out, and would never even look up when in the car. Her husband sent us a card with christmas peace on, but i think it was not a mutual choice.

We were shopping last thursday and cos she saw us coming up the isle towards her, she suddenly started looking the other direction to avoid eye contact and almost fell head forwards in to our trolley.
Reply 7
Ads.
The people living next door to me have a yound girl of 3, a boy of 4, and another of 8 (i think) and they are all nutcases. I have never heard a family as noisy. They constantly shouting and screaming in the garden and every now and again one of the parents raises their voice to control the children, but to no avail.

Recently however things have been coming over our fence. Not your usual football or tennisball or anything else that children might accidently hit over. No, these children must be deliberately chucking things over becuase I've had jumpers, spiderman toys, 1p and 2p coins, and various other accesories. On top of our extension roof there is a sock and another item of clothing.

Also today one of them today knocked on our door today to retrieve his toy frog. At first glance I couldn't find anything but then i didn't expect to find the toy in the gutter on the opposite side of the fence :confused:

I do not see this as normal behaviour- chucking your toys over the fence- so has anyone else had experience with wacko neighbours?

That doesn't sound like much fun at all. You might want to visit Neighbours From Hell - it has an active forum if you want advice from people with similar problems.
Reply 8
We used to have neighbours who wouldn't even tell us their names. Now they've moved and we get on fine with hours, apart from one incident involving our tree blocking her sunlight. (OMG! :rolleyes: ) But she paid for the trimming so not so bad.
Reply 9
My mate's neighbours are freaks. They built their kids a two storey wendy house, which they don't even use. And instead of using a normal lawn mower, they use a strimmer, and to cut the grass they don't even move the kids toys, they just mow around them.
Once my nextdoor neighbour told my mum she cant stand the screaming of my little sister, and told her to try and not make her scream, especially early mornings and late at night. But the thing is my sister never screams, its me :redface: I was so embarrassed, but I cant help it, I scream and shout at everything, even when I'm talking. I must be mild deaf or summit :p:
Reply 11
Manatee
That doesn't sound like much fun at all. You might want to visit Neighbours From Hell - it has an active forum if you want advice from people with similar problems.

Lol, nah its not that bad. There's no hostile atmosphere between us, its just really annoying to find everyday a new item in our garden to chuck back whilst listening 2 them screaming up and down
Reply 12
Ads.
Lol, nah its not that bad. There's no hostile atmosphere between us, its just really annoying to find everyday a new item in our garden to chuck back whilst listening 2 them screaming up and down

Just thought that it might be a good place if you wanted a rant! Not that you can't rant here, of course! :biggrin:

I came across that website when I was beginning to lose my sanity as a result of our neighbours' DIY (the house next door, with which we share a wall, was bought by a DIY addict who seemed determined to rebuild the entire house from the inside). I did find it calming to read some of the other stories on the forums - it makes you realise that things could be much, much, much worse! :smile: Nothing like a bit of Schadenfreude... :redface:
Ads.

They sound like right ****ing pikies. It's probably the nicotine withdrawal from when the mother was smoking whilst preggers.
I've been quite fortunate really in that I've never had a problem with neighbours. I live in a really nice and quiet street on the outskirts of the city. My Aunt lives at the other side of my district and she is in a block with crack dealers and general delinquents and nightmares.
Reply 15
Get environmental health round, and then ask your neighbours nicely to STFU! :cool:
Reply 16
i've got some really awful neighbours :P i get bugged by a particular one every day at 1.42pm on the dot to watch *excuse the pun* neighbours. plus this neighbour often tells me they're gender confused and wants relations with cousin "bob"
Reply 17
toiletwall
i've got some really awful neighbours :P i get bugged by a particular one every day at 1.42pm on the dot to watch *excuse the pun* neighbours. plus this neighbour often tells me they're gender confused and wants relations with cousin "bob"

:eek: I misread that for "i get buggered by a particular one every day at 1.42pm on the dot" :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 18
It reminds me quite a lot of Harper Lee's book "to kill a mocking bird". I've never really lived in a residential area, and can't imagine living so closely to so many other people! Luckly the "neighbours" we have are quite nice. Though I remember the first new year after they had moved in. They had a fireworks display thing (without telling us, not that they needed to) and I thought we were being bombed!
I live on an estate full of stray dogs/people's dogs not on leads. It becomes impossible to actually gain access to your house sometimes because there's either dogs fighting or standing outside the front door, then they start following you and everything, tis a nightmare...

Latest

Trending

Trending