Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    :eek: I misread that for "i get buggered by a particular one every day at 1.42pm on the dot" :eek: :eek: :eek:
    One-track mind... :p:
    Am I the only one with nice, normal neighbours who never cause problems? The worst thing about them is that the people who just moved in next door built a trickly sort of fountain/pond thing in their front garden, so every time I step outside I think it's raining.

ReputationRep:
    Lol mine weren't bad, but one of them used to eavesdrop on my parents conversations, it was so funny. I used to catch him out ALL the time :rolleyes: So obvious that my sister once threw a beach ball and it landed on his head at the part of the fence he was pressing his ear on :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh - nosy neighbours - had the odd one of them in my time living here too. But then my parents are worse than all of them put together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    They sound like right ****ing pikies. It's probably the nicotine withdrawal from when the mother was smoking whilst preggers.
    Yeah it's probably the cigarettes. Both the parents smoke, so something that shouldn't be there must have slipped into the childrens bloodstream to make them so hyper

ReputationRep:
    i also have another neighbour, opposite, who is forever washing his car...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ads.)
    Yeah it's probably the cigarettes. Both the parents smoke, so something that shouldn't be there must have slipped into the childrens bloodstream to make them so hyper
    Yup, apparently babies of mothers who smoke during pregnancy cry more because of the nicotine craving (since they're not getting it anymore after they're born).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toiletwall)
    i also have another neighbour, opposite, who is forever washing his car...
    I got one of those! He's bought in a big jet wash like you see in garages and everything, yet his average journey time is about 10 minutes and its not even that great a car.

Still, probably nothing else to do during retirement, with all that time and money on your hands. Poor soul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ads.)
    The people living next door to me have a yound girl of 3, a boy of 4, and another of 8 (i think) and they are all nutcases. I have never heard a family as noisy. They constantly shouting and screaming in the garden and every now and again one of the parents raises their voice to control the children, but to no avail.

Recently however things have been coming over our fence. Not your usual football or tennisball or anything else that children might accidently hit over. No, these children must be deliberately chucking things over becuase I've had jumpers, spiderman toys, 1p and 2p coins, and various other accesories. On top of our extension roof there is a sock and another item of clothing.

Also today one of them today knocked on our door today to retrieve his toy frog. At first glance I couldn't find anything but then i didn't expect to find the toy in the gutter on the opposite side of the fence :confused:

I do not see this as normal behaviour- chucking your toys over the fence- so has anyone else had experience with wacko neighbours?
    they sound rather calm and of the serious type...

ReputationRep:
    I have pretty much exactly the same problem; are you sure we aren't neighbours? Haha. I think the kids are aged around 8, 9 and 14. The younger two are probably the most obnoxious. They chuck toys over the fence (it's an everyday occurence so I don't throw them back unless they knock on the door), but also items of clothing and their RUBBISH, which is appalling. They throw things at my cats (who are now so traumatised they won't go near anyone except my family), and bang on their bedroom window which is a few metres away from my study window, when I'm on the computer and trying to study. I can't have curtains in here or a blind because the wood is unstable and there are no hooks and whatever, so if I want to do my homework I've got absolutely no privacy. There are about 10 other kids of their age group down my road who play with each other in the street. This I wouldn't have a problem with, but they cannot communicate without screeching at each other and it disgusts me to hear children that young swearing. Whenever I go out somewhere, they always run up to me and say hello. This again, I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't have to ask me quite personal questions about myself and my family. They have no social skills whatsoever. The oldest child used to do this stuff, but now just is an annoying pikey who stares at me in the street when I'm coming back from college, talks very loudly on her phone in the garden and plays bloody hip hop til 3am.

ReputationRep:
    About 3 years ago, a family of a mum, and 3 sons (16,12 and 11, i think) lived across the road. They were always playing outside, yelling, throwing their soccer balls into our garden, running in our garden, climbing on their roof, seeing who could dent in the rollerdoor, going in teh drains (to get teh tennis balls) ect.

Now we have new neighbours across the road. A man, a woman and a child (2yrs , although I have never seen it). They are always yelling at each other about how teh other one is messing up the carpet. One day teh woman yelled at teh man so much that he drove away. Another time, the guy said is he has a gun he would kill his wife.
    My neighbour went to take their number plate. The guy came outside and yelled at her. When they were fighting, my mum went outside to check the mail and teh woman said 'what teh f*** are you looking at" The people next to these are too scared to put up rollershutters incase the people think the shutters are a result of their noise.

There is also a girl across teh road who used to come over all the time to play with odl toys she would find in our garage. She would just go into our cupvoards and take food, she never asked for permission. I got really annoyed at it, she would come over everyday, so I told her I didn't like her and told her to never come back. She did, until she got the same message from my sister.

ReputationRep:
    heh, Neighbours are great.
    We used to be friends with ours, I live in an area where everyone knows everyone and the road layouts are a bit strange. A lot of predestrianised bits.
    Then my neighbours son (he was about 17/18 I think) robbed us twice. She denies it saying her son would never do such a thing. A women a few doors up seen him do it and he was known for drugs...
    We haven't talked at all for years now..
    Quite funny as shes friends with my dads old neighbour who looks after my half brother.

ReputationRep:
    well i live down the same street as Toiletwall, and it's a street where there's lots of young people, and recently there's been a bunch of 8 yr olds who go round on scooters/bikes etc.. but one of the little kids said to me toiletwall and another friend jenny to suck him off etc we were really shocked! but most of the time its very community spirited, i.e. my awesomest buddies live opposite me and friendly with people down the road and my next door neighbour is my riding instructor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I live on an estate full of stray dogs/people's dogs not on leads. It becomes impossible to actually gain access to your house sometimes because there's either dogs fighting or standing outside the front door, then they start following you and everything, tis a nightmare...
    :eek: not nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lirael Abhorsen)
    ... but one of the little kids said to me toiletwall and another friend jenny to suck him off etc we were really shocked ...
    Hell, you seem to attract all the young guys you don't have pigtails do you?

ReputationRep:
    Luckily my neighbours are not rude or aggressive, just over-energetic. Yesterday however a piece of toast and a plate came over the fence, as well a pair of action man shoes.

It makes you wonder how their parents let them get away with it; I know mine wouldn't, but then again i would never chuck anything delibrately over the fence.

ReputationRep:
    My neighbours on one side are great, the other not so good. They are about late 50's/early 60's and its just the husband and wife, with no kids living in a 3 bedroom council house. They dont work, claim every benefit going and cause so much trouble its unbelievable. My Mam was having a bath when the man next door climbed over on his porch roof and looked in through the window, then when my Mam shouted at him telling him he was a pervert, HE got the police on US for shouting 'pervert' :eek: He waits until my Dad is lying under the car and fixing it then he washes his...we live on a bit of a slope so the water runs down and wets my Dad :mad: her threw slugs at my pet chickens, and he keep trying to get them with the hose pipe, he jumps over the garden fence and tries to touch the pants hanging on the line, and oh......he's a ****** (like seriously, not that I have anything against them but he's just weird too!) :eek:

Yeah apart from that, nice neighbours :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    There is something wrong with a lot of these people.

Why would anyone throw things over a fence? The only thing I can think of is if they're trying to hit a target.

And don't old people have their own pants? My guess is they're bored in their old age and are following the line of the stereotype bored teen. Except they'll get away with it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.