The Student Room Group

I'm rather indecisive...

...and was wondering if anyone on here could give me some help? i'm trying to decide what to put as my firm and insurance. i have whittled my choices from 5 to 3, but am now confused as to what to do. (UCAS info in sig)
I really like Reading Uni and want to put that as my firm, although the uni i 'should' go to is Soton and i don't know whether its silly not to firm them instead. any advice?
I would tell you what I think, but I can't make up my mind...

*makes drum noise and leaves*
Reply 3
i'm starting to regret the title of this thread...
Have you been to Southampton? Did you like the uni at all? Could you live there?

How do you rate your chances of being able to achieve Southampton's grades if you put it as your firm?

Are there any modules that you would love to do at either of them? Are similar modules on offer at both unis or are they different?

Does Reading or Southampton offer you a better quality of living? How much will it cost you per month in each town?

Which degree will be a better investment at the end of the day? What are their comparative reputations in Environmental and Earth Sciences?

Answer those questions and you might have a better idea of what you want to do.
Reply 5
Why do you think you "should" go to Suton? Because it's the one with the highest grades?

It shouldn't matter. It should matter that you'll be happy with where you are for the next 3 years. :smile:
I've got Suton as one of my choices (AAB) but I'm going to put Herts as my firm (260pts), so, there's a big difference.

I don't konw what the rest of the unis are like, or how you feel about them, and really I'm in the same boat as you, with being decisive about uni choices.

Don't pick a uni just because the grades are challenging, or the best, pick it because you want to be there. (:
Reply 6
Southampton is a much bigger uni than reading - and i come from a small school and live in a village, so i have some reservations there. the grades are achievable, but reading has more modeules i want to study. Reputations are similar in terms of envsci, but as a uni altogether not so much. reading what u just wrote makes it seem like i've already made up my mind... :s-smilie:
areithr
Southampton is a much bigger uni than reading - and i come from a small school and live in a village, so i have some reservations there. the grades are achievable, but reading has more modeules i want to study. Reputations are similar in terms of envsci, but as a uni altogether not so much. reading what u just wrote makes it seem like i've already made up my mind... :s-smilie:

Then it sounds like you know where you want to be and what you want to do. :smile:
Reply 8
Reading. You'll do better if you're somewhere you like being, plus you like the modules... etc. etc.
Reply 9
Rawr.ox
Why do you think you "should" go to Suton? Because it's the one with the highest grades?

It shouldn't matter. It should matter that you'll be happy with where you are for the next 3 years. :smile:
I've got Suton as one of my choices (AAB) but I'm going to put Herts as my firm (260pts), so, there's a big difference.

I don't konw what the rest of the unis are like, or how you feel about them, and really I'm in the same boat as you, with being decisive about uni choices.

Don't pick a uni just because the grades are challenging, or the best, pick it because you want to be there. (:

i think its a bit of the grades, also reputation. i don't know whether i'd feel bad not picking it then regretting not choosing it when grades come out...i guess i could always do further study there.
Reply 10
areithr
i think its a bit of the grades, also reputation. i don't know whether i'd feel bad not picking it then regretting not choosing it when grades come out...i guess i could always do further study there.

Yeah I feel that.
To put Herts as my firm, I'd need to cancel my Suton choice (they want an interview mid-April) but I don't want to, even though I don't want to go there...
I'm just as indecisive as you, really, so, not much help, apart from I know how you feel...
Reply 11
If you reallly like Herts, then go for it. dont have the stress of an interview if you dont even want to go to Soton!
(heres me giving advice away on a subject i can't make my own mind up about, sorry :P)
Of those cities I'd prefer to live in either Reading or Southampton (and if I had to pick one of them I'd go for Reading, even though it is expensive), as far as the universities themselves go I like York, Southampton and Reading.

I'm useful.

Reply 13
Ice_Queen
Reading. You'll do better if you're somewhere you like being, plus you like the modules... etc. etc.

your sig......................

you EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL person =[

stoopid game :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending