The Student Room Group
Is it permanent hairdye or the stuff that washes out after 20 washes or something?

If the latter then you'll just have to be persistant with it and it should come out eventually. If the former, then I have no idea how you can shift it.
Kingspharm
Is it permanent hairdye or the stuff that washes out after 20 washes or something?

If the latter then you'll just have to be persistant with it and it should come out eventually. If the former, then I have no idea how you can shift it.

I think its permanent, although, my mum uses it on her bits of white hair, but after a month or so, she has to use it again, so maybe its semi permanent.
Reply 3
You might need to get a carpet cleaner in to it, be careful what you put on it, a lot of DIY stuff can make things worse.
AT82
You might need to get a carpet cleaner in to it, be careful what you put on it, a lot of DIY stuff can make things worse.

Yeah I tried some old carpet shampoo I had, the one which you put in vacuum cleaners, and I think it made the dye soak into it more and made it go worse. I think I'll hit the DIY shops tmrw. oooo how fun :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Red Wine will get that out. Alternatively, try bleach.
homoterror
Red Wine will get that out. Alternatively, try bleach.

I'll try the red wine.
But bleach :eek: are you joking?
heheh or learn to live with it! My carpet is full of splotches of hair dye, a brand new purple blotch joined thme a couple of days ago. I think ti makes the room original and gives it character, either that or I am too lazy to attempt to get it off!
Reply 8
dont put red wine on it...

mean person who ever said that:p:
kalibantre
dont put red wine on it...

mean person who ever said that:p:

very very cruel
BlueAngel
very very cruel

How about white wine? I don't know if it would work but i hear it can get stains out and if it doesn't work it proabably wouldn't stain(much) because its white wine not redwine.

i just did a google but how bout this
http://www.ehow.com/how_18790_clean-hair-dye.html
Reply 11
BlueAngel
My mum accidently spilt black hairdye all over a patch of my carpet in my bedroom. It looks really bad and Ive used soap and water, carpet shampoos and vanish. But all they've done is made the dye colour abit lighter. Still looks really bad.

How can I remove it without damaging the carpet?

Love BlueAngel xx

Oops! If your mum did it, get her to buy you a new carpet. :biggrin:
could get a mat to lay over the area and cover it
~cherrykisses~
could get a mat to lay over the area and cover it

Yeah thats what Ive done, just put a rug on it that matches my curtains and told my mum to give me laminate flooring :biggrin:
Why doesn't your mum clear it up??? Seriously, I wouldn't care at all about a stain if my mum didn't.
That Vanish stuff's supposed to get tuff like hair dye out; not sure if it works though.

Apparently if you add Coca-Cola to fabric softener in a washing machine it helps to lift out wine and grass stains, maybe that'll work. Failing that lay the guilt trip on dear old Mum.
Reply 16
BlueAngel
My mum accidently spilt black hairdye all over a patch of my carpet in my bedroom. It looks really bad and Ive used soap and water, carpet shampoos and vanish. But all they've done is made the dye colour abit lighter. Still looks really bad.

How can I remove it without damaging the carpet?

Love BlueAngel xx

http://www.diynot.com/pages/st/st031.php
http://www.anyclean.co.uk/cleaning_tips/carpet/hair_dye_stain.htm
hope it helps :smile:
Felt tip pens
Reply 18
dye the rest of the carpet.

Latest

Trending

Trending