Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mb85)
    would u clean the bin or flip burgers if u enjoyed it and got a **** pay????
    If I really really enjoyed it, then yeah. What a stupid question. You'd eat **** for nothing IF YOU ENJOYED IT.

I would earn loads of money in a job I hate, to use the money to live it up later on too. But wouldn't get paid **** all and be in a job i hate.

ReputationRep:
    you get paid a lot for computer networking, i know a guy who runs a company that consults and designs routing systems for big companies and isps. they charge about £2000 a day. he makes about £400k a year and he's 27. more than that's gready now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theECONOMIST)
    Are you implying that i'm a dodo brain (whatever that is).
    Who said i won't work hard at Cambridge?
    I don't reallt care who joins me in Cambridge, what the hell does a girl getting an offer, despite bad grades, have to do with me eh?
    some people will surprise you in life, who said they didn't spot great potential in her during her interview. Maybe it's that you're jealous that you didn't get in. Then again oxbridge has many 'dodo brains' why should anyone want to go there?
    lol as I said...pathetic, you can't take criticisim, not sure how you will survive 'life', nevermind buddy I'll be laughing when you fall flat on your face.
    My point btw was that many idiots gain entry there and I'm thinking you are one of them by the way you speak.
    Oh and just for the record I opted to NOT try for Oxbridge because I didn't want to be part of the rat race for something which actually isn't worth it .....think I'll be just fine at Imperial personally

And have no doubt I would have had a fantastic chance if I had tried.....Oxbridge NEED good players for their chess team , but I prefer to be away from a bunch of snobs who revel in a so called name HAHA.

Edit: Anyone else at oxbridge I have no problem with you...only this geezer who thinks he's the greatest thing God ever created because he got into Cambs.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm. If only Oxbridge did take extra-curricular into account as much as they used to. I played county level chess and bridge and captained my school's chess and bridge teams, but did not seem to help me out at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saxman)
    Mmm. If only Oxbridge did take extra-curricular into account as much as they used to. I played county level chess and bridge and captained my school's chess and bridge teams, but did not seem to help me out at all.
    Ahh but being a female chess player can be very useful....
    What county you play for? I played for Herts.
    Hey my brother plays Bridge, seems to be enjoying it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    lol as I said...pathetic, you can't take criticisim, not sure how you will survive 'life', nevermind buddy I'll be laughing when you fall flat on your face.
    My point btw was that many idiots gain entry there and I'm thinking you are one of them by the way you speak.
    Oh and just for the record I opted to NOT try for Oxbridge because I didn't want to be part of the rat race for something which actually isn't worth it .....think I'll be just fine at Imperial personally

And have no doubt I would have had a fantastic chance if I had tried.....Oxbridge NEED good players for their chess team , but I prefer to be away from a bunch of snobs who revel in a so called name HAHA.

Edit: Anyone else at oxbridge I have no problem with you...only this geezer who thinks he's the greatest thing God ever created because he got into Cambs.

Look ***** i don't see what your problem is. I came here, i told people stuff. It was all true, but harsh if your one going to one of the less reputable universities. Then you come here and let all your anger out on me for some reason. I am an idot ey? To be honest i don't think there are any 'thick' people in Cambridge as they are well spotted in interviews (hence the reason you decided not to apply).
    I really don't know what your problem is, please tell me what it is because I am clueless. When you give your petty reasons please explain yourself. I hate when people ramble on about crap.
    You're going to imperial, to read what? I know many people from my school going there, from the sound of things you won't fit in well going around saying stupid things about 'rich' people.

ReputationRep:
    Look ***** i don't see what your problem is. I came here, i told people stuff. It was all true, but harsh if your one going to one of the less reputable universities. Then you come here and let all your anger out on me for some reason. I am an idot ey? To be honest i don't think there are any 'thick' people in Cambridge as they are well spotted in interviews (hence the reason you decided not to apply).
    I really don't know what your problem is, please tell me what it is because I am clueless. When you give your petty reasons please explain yourself. I hate when people ramble on about crap.
    You're going to imperial, to read what? I know many people from my school going there, from the sound of things you won't fit in well going around saying stupid things about 'rich' people.
    lol as I have said TWICE already, but which it seems I must repeat....you are PATHETIC . And it also seems you can't form any coherent arguments so therefore you are forced to swear with '*****' haha, wow you are very mature.
    btw you have NO idea why I decided not to apply therefore it is impossible to make a judgement, if this is how you deal with your economics, based on fiction not fact then you WILL be a failure. And it is very easy for 'stupid' people to gain entry into oxbridge(you seem to be a prime example, but then again I don't know you therefore I am not foolish enough to try and judge), just as it is easy for 'clever' people to be rejected. You say you know many people going to imperial, big deal, me too. Also, I have never once said anything against 'rich' people, use your brain as there is a reason for this.

I am going to do Computing at Imperial, which is infact one of their best departments , often thought to be on the same level if not better than Comp Sci at Cambs, but with better links to industry(probably one of the main reasons i chose it)

Now please grow up, and get over the whole 'oh my god I am the greatest person in the world because I got a place at Cambs'. It does make you sound about 10.

edit:I think you've got to realise I have no problem with you, it's the attitude you adopt in regard to cambridge.

Maybe we should get back to the topic in hand now, this argument is becoming tedious....

ReputationRep:
    Economist Plz mind ur language....i will hunt u down faster than i hunt for rabbits..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mb85)
    Economist Plz mind ur language....i will hunt u down faster than i hunt for rabbits..
    keep hinting village fool

ReputationRep:
    i meant hunting before anyone says i can't spell. We all make mistakes on the keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    Woah dude you can't spell!

On top of that, you're a..

a...

a...

COCKGOBBLER!

ReputationRep:
    It looks like im off to nottingham and its damn well reputable, would you say i'd have less of a chance if i went to warwick, though theres very little between the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PuffDaddy)
    It looks like im off to nottingham and its damn well reputable, would you say i'd have less of a chance if i went to warwick, though theres very little between the two.
    Nottingham is great also, things would be a lot easier if the job market was in good shape.
    In the bull market of the 90's you would definately have had a shot provided you were smart and succeeded at university but these days its tough to even make it into back office, lol just kidding.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham is great also, things would be a lot easier if the job market was in good shape.
    In the bull market of the 90's you would definately have had a shot provided you were smart and succeeded at university but these days its tough to even make it into back office, lol just kidding.
    can i touch u pls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    can i touch u pls?

What do you mean

ReputationRep:
    u seem so knowledgable and cool.....i want a place at cam too...maybe if i touch u u will rub of on me.....ahhhh that would be dreamy....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    u seem so knowledgable and cool.....i want a place at cam too...maybe if i touch u u will rub of on me.....ahhhh that would be dreamy....
    lol...I was thinking of that Bible story when you said that. Well I know many people working in the city and thats where i hope to work.
    Any other questions, just send them my way as im glad to help.

ReputationRep:
    Heya Economist!
    I have a place at Cambridge to read Economics too...so maybe i will get to touch you! hehe I cld sure do with some of ur knowlegde! How do u know soooooooooooo much? i am fascinated!

I am probably very rare as i am a girl and i heard Economics in Cam was male dominated...do you think this is true?

Sxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Don't wait up for a reply, and for the same reason it's unlikely he'll meet his offer anyway as he's too busy watching Wall Street in all formats.

ReputationRep:
    correct me if i am wrong, but matowah appears to be, how you say it, taking.. the piss?

and just to reiterate bosslady's point. of course many bright people are at cam, but being a moron and being at cam aren't mutually exclusive either (the Economist being a case in point).

back on topic: i think management consultancy sounds more "fun" than banking.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.