Turn on thread page Beta

Highest Paid Job??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    whats have ur face turned inside out?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see the episode of Spooks where Danny takes on the role of an investment banker. I know it's only the TV, so it might not be all true, but it certainly looked like a real rush when he was playing with the figures and making the money. I like the way the firm he was at pitted everyone against each other so that they were all competing! Looked like fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelzland)
    whats have ur face turned inside out?
    Get beaten up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theECONOMIST)
    Get beaten up.
    Not likely, most are poofs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onearmedscissor)
    Not likely, most are poofs.
    Where did you get that rubbish from, you need to be tough to be a trader. No soft ones there, and i really can't imagine a gay guy going very far in trading, the verbal abuse is not threatening but if it was a gay i'm sure he/she would be very upset. What can i say when you make huge sums of cash anything comes out of your mouth, even worse when you lose it though. So brush up on that mental arithmatic.

ReputationRep:
    There are some very very tough gay guys lol

I think it depends which one they prefer to be in the relationship, male or female. If they're the male one, I imagine they'll be pretty tough.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i hope this is me in the coming years.
    This enough proof for you, check the link

http://www.efinancialcareers.com/art...10&xsection=17

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theECONOMIST)
    Hey, i hope this is me in the coming years.
    This enough proof for you, check the link

http://www.efinancialcareers.com/art...10&xsection=17
    Wow, I really bet you're sitting there reading that naked smothering your nipples in peanut butter singing a chorus of "I wanna be like Mike".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onearmedscissor)
    Wow, I really bet you're sitting there reading that naked smothering your nipples in peanut butter singing a chorus of "I wanna be like Mike".
    ROFLMA

ReputationRep:
    owner of a country.....

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's been going on and on about banking but i think you've missed law out a bit.

Although the starting salaries aren't as high job security is much better and eventual returns are pretty damm high.

Slaughter and May one of the magic circle firms has an equity spread of between 750,000-1.5 million for partners and thats without bonuses.

Personally i think its a much better career with less of a who can be the biggest ******** attitude.

Bring on the lawyers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quinnbrakes)
    Everyone's been going on and on about banking but i think you've missed law out a bit.

Although the starting salaries aren't as high job security is much better and eventual returns are pretty damm high.

Slaughter and May one of the magic circle firms has an equity spread of between 750,000-1.5 million for partners and thats without bonuses.

Personally i think its a much better career with less of a who can be the biggest ******** attitude.

Bring on the lawyers.
    Oh please, lawyers are just as arrogant as bankers if not more so, especially when they reach the partner level.

ReputationRep:
    Ive met a few partners and they're not arrogant if they were that bad they'd never fit in the room with all the flamboyant banker egos.

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl

how about this..

Be sincere and single-hearted every second in your job and you will see yourself being the best.

doesnt matter what job you are in, just be the best.

i think,,,,,,,

criticism welcomed.

ReputationRep:
    Just a couple of things to say here;

First McGill is a very good school and most people in North America know about it, however, it is not as good as other Canadian schools such as Schulich and Rottman at U of T which are ranked very high and all the major banks and corporations recruit there.

Second, actuaries make **** money unless they work there way up insurance companies and who wants to estimate how long people will live and how many claims they will make

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, how many of the people wanting to go into investment banking are female here? Because I'm a girl, and i mostly meet blokes who want to go into IB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Out of interest, how many of the people wanting to go into investment banking are female here? Because I'm a girl, and i mostly meet blokes who want to go into IB.
    u live in E sussex ?? hoho same here.

anyway on to the topic, I think there are plenty of people regardless of sex who is smart enough to work in IB. But don't think so many men in the country can handle the work load. 60~100hrs a week ? no joke.

But you could give it a shot.. I mean reward is massive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Banking is typically seen as a gentleman's job. The one person I know that wants to be an investment banker is a male.

J.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illumintai)
    u live in E sussex ?? hoho same here.

anyway on to the topic, I think there are plenty of people regardless of sex who is smart enough to work in IB. But don't think so many men in the country can handle the work load. 60~100hrs a week ? no joke.

But you could give it a shot.. I mean reward is massive.
    Yup, know someone working at Credit Suisse who hasn't had a sunday off in five months. I've wanted to go into investment banking since I was about 15.

ye bye social life... Lol where in East Sussex and what are you planning to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Banking is typically seen as a gentleman's job. The one person I know that wants to be an investment banker is a male.

J.
    Oh well, time to change that then!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.