Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Yup, know someone working at Credit Suisse who hasn't had a sunday off in five months. I've wanted to go into investment banking since I was about 15.

ye bye social life... Lol where in East Sussex and what are you planning to study?
    small town called uckfield.

my first choice is Maths for finance in Imperial or Management Sci. in LSE.

how about you ?? and where do u live ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illumintai)
    small town called uckfield.

my first choice is Maths for finance in Imperial or Management Sci. in LSE.

how about you ?? and where do u live ?
    Hopefully straight economics at LSE, if not then I'm heading for UCL. I'm in Brighton, have heard of uckfield, but my geography fails me.

ReputationRep:
    tehEconomist:

if ya wants ta become uh derivatives trader why read economics (useless on da floor) when ya can read da math tripos (good ta dig' da quants)? don't make me shank ya!

ReputationRep:
    Architecture !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adelz)
    Architecture !

lol

ReputationRep:
    Hows about a Hollywood Actor/Actress or even an A List Actor/Actress?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellel)
    Hows about a Hollywood Actor/Actress or even an A List Actor/Actress?

nah they dont earn any money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    lol
    lol ! shaddap ! your are supposed to cheer me on and tell me its true ! Im going to study architecture - and I wanna be rIICH ! *******s !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adelz)
    lol ! shaddap ! your are supposed to cheer me on and tell me its true ! Im going to study architecture - and I wanna be rIICH ! *******s !
    i was joking architecture do bring lots of money. Most of the people in the top 50 rich list like architecture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i was joking architecture do bring lots of money. Most of the people in the top 50 rich list like architecture
    LOL .. screw you ! That was over the top !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Just a couple of things to say here;

First McGill is a very good school and most people in North America know about it, however, it is not as good as other Canadian schools such as Schulich and Rottman at U of T which are ranked very high and all the major banks and corporations recruit there.

Second, actuaries make **** money unless they work there way up insurance companies and who wants to estimate how long people will live and how many claims they will make
    actuaries don't just predict when people die - some work in general insurance and others in banking work

there are plenty of actuaries pulling in >500k a year salaries plus bonus, and have plenty of time to enjoy their earnings

ReputationRep:
    Lawyers seem to have quite a social life compared to investment bankers...if investment bankers work around 100hrs a week they work about 5200hrs a year! lawyers work about 2600 hrs a year (at a MC firm) thats...about 50 hrs a week and the rewards are fairly similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marabara)
    actuaries don't just predict when people die - some work in general insurance and others in banking work

there are plenty of actuaries pulling in >500k a year salaries plus bonus, and have plenty of time to enjoy their earnings
    i know of an actuary who turned down a mill a year because he could get more money becoming a partner of the firm he was at. not bad pay at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    Lawyers seem to have quite a social life compared to investment bankers...if investment bankers work around 100hrs a week they work about 5200hrs a year! lawyers work about 2600 hrs a year (at a MC firm) thats...about 50 hrs a week and the rewards are fairly similar
    correct me if Im wrong.

As an investment banker ppl will obviously get to learn how to invest and make money. And get commision from the profit made.

even if u retire, u will still get to know how to make money and this time 100% of profits will go straight into ur bank

But Lawyer ? u need a client to make money.

well thats what I think. please correct me if I am wrong.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.