Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Time - something we all have or dont have enough of, what are your thoughts, or are they as the song says?

Ticking away the moments that make up the dull day
    You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town

Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain

You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today

And then one day you find that ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking

And racing around to come up behind you again

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time

Plans that either come to naught or a half page of scribbled lines

Hanging on in a quiet desperation is the English way

The time is gone the song is over, thought i'd something more to say

ReputationRep:
    Impressive, did you write that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Impressive, did you write that?
    She said it's from a song. Most likely Pink Floyd.

ReputationRep:
    I wish, its a song by Pink Floyd and being an avid floyd fan, thought it was appropriate

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts are what the song says.

<doesn't read the song>

ReputationRep:
    Can't be bothered reading it, give a synopsis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    I wish, its a song by Pink Floyd and being an avid floyd fan, thought it was appropriate
    It was, in more ways than one...Maybe as an educational tactic stick this in the academic area as well...

ReputationRep:
    Never did like that song by them. Point taken though. Think I'll mosie off and do my ironing with Dogs Of War in the background shortly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Never did like that song by them. Point taken though. Think I'll mosie off and do my ironing with Dogs Of War in the background shortly
    You, iron? :eek:

WOW, multi talented! Does your gf force you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Good song, although would still say On the turning away is far better and Darkside of the Moon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    You, iron? :eek:

WOW, multi talented! Does your gf force you?
    lmao. yeah right. I've been doing my own washing and stuff since I was about 11. Note to any youngster out there. Don't ever tell your mother how you think it should be done, just sit back and smile, enjoying it while it lasts *nods insistently* Other than that, I love ironing actually. Best excuse around to grab a basket full of clothes, flick the tunes onto full volume, and spend an hour to yourself It really is the simple things in life that make it worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    Good song, although would still say On the turning away is far better and Darkside of the Moon
    True, but there were a few others I liked also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    lmao. yeah right. I've been doing my own washing and stuff since I was about 11. Note to any youngster out there. Don't ever tell your mother how you think it should be done, just sit back and smile, enjoying it while it lasts *nods insistently* Other than that, I love ironing actually. Best excuse around to grab a basket full of clothes, flick the tunes onto full volume, and spend an hour to yourself It really is the simple things in life that make it worthwhile.
    I bet your gf doesn't complain.

Not that she needs to iron or anything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    True, but there were a few others I liked also.
    Money, another brick in the wall, sorrow, division bell, mother, all of their older stuff rocks, not struck on much past the album Division Bell though. They do come on par to Sabbath though, although Ozzys latest with his daughter has killed an old classic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I bet your gf doesn't complain.

Not that she needs to iron or anything...
    She pays someone to do her ironing. *shakes head* Still don't understand why yet. Just got a thing against ironing I guess.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.