Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaraH)
    Been playing Acoustic for about 12 years now, so quite a long time i suppose. Why do i buy expensive guitars? - cant really answer that 1! :rolleyes: i only own 2 that would be classed as expensive and i dont buy guitars very often i guess!
    i've been playing for 10 years now, an both of my guitars are over £400 (Vicente Sanchis 37 and yamaha pacifica 812V).
    With me i started off with a £50 classical guitar, made of plywood or something, but over time you 'upgrade' untill you're spending loads, but if you've committed to playing an instrument for most of your life, its worth it. I mean it'll last me the rest of my life and i don't intend on stopping playing anytime soon.

but come on, thats not even expensive. My classical guitar teacher has a £10,000 guitar, and compared to other instruments guitars are cheap.

ReputationRep:
    They are a lot cheaper than other instruments! - i looked into learning to play the saxophone and you cant get a decent one for less than about £500!!, whereas you can get a decent guitar for a couple of hundred. Is it just me or do guitars seem to have gone down in price over the last few years too?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.