Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    tis true...sea urchin was a very sharp acidic taste...you just have to love calimari though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    tis true...sea urchin was a very sharp acidic taste...you just have to love calimari though
    Go to opium den & order their sizzling assorted seafood dish... I have no idea what all weird things were swimming in it- I thought I saw sea cucumbers as well. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    really? i've wanted to try them for a while, meant to be a taste worth trying...isn't opium den fairly expensive though?

ReputationRep:
    Until recently I would have said that the strangest thing that I had eaten was frogs legs (deliberately prepared so that they came in pairs with flippers attached) but that has all now changed.

Last Saturday I went to an all you can eat Cantonese buffet and, although the savoury food surpassed my expectations, the deserts were in a league of their own. My personal favourite was the battered banana slices covered with toffee and sesame seeds, combining and indescribable texture with an equally indescribable taste. They tasted like what oriental pork balls ought to!

ReputationRep:
    i ate the brain of a goat/sheep. don't remmeber wat it was

ReputationRep:
    Sheep brain and Camel. Ate some other weird stuff but can't recall everything.

ReputationRep:
    Pig feet, bison, pig ears, goat milk (not weird, but gross), and octupus (not that weird i guess).

Edit: i've also drank milk fermented by white mold from the mountains of Tibet.

They feed off of the milk and you drink it after they use it (you put them in new milk). They're white themselves, soft, look like cauliflower, and multiply at an extensive rate. Supposedly you get them from monks in Tibet.

It's tight. I want white mold as pets.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.