The Student Room Group

Study leave: when, how long?!

Firstly, are we even going to get a decent study leave. My form tutor told me it's only going to be about 2 or 3 days if we do get one.

If we do, WHEN THE HELL IS IT?!!!
I think probably mine is non-existant.
Reply 1
study leave depends on ur school, nothing to do with ed balls
Some people get several months of study leave
Some people get a week
Some people don't get it.

It depends entirely on your school and how intensively they've organised your classes up 'til now.
Reply 3
what year are you in? I'm year 13 and my leavers day before study leave is on the 21st may, and lasts... well until the end of the year. Year 12s' study leave starts a week later but they come back on about the 15th june, and the year 11s' leavers day is a week before mine.
However, my sister is in y11 and is complaining about her non existant study leave even though i know all the dates for it, so maybe you mean time off school before exams start, in which case it depends what dates the exams are- I don't see what Ed Balls has got to do with it :confused:
Reply 4
Depends on your school really, most schools leave at least 2 weeks before exams i'm guessing?
My prom is 7th May then my leavers day is 13th...then my first exam on 21st :smile:
i mite be wrong...but we got told that they dont even have the study-leave option open to us year 11s now in UK.
Another thing i got told was that they mite only let SOME ppl go on study-leave (like the ppl who got straight A's and A*'s in their mocks).

Its all so ridiculous! I will be SO annoyed if they don't let us, because I study a lot better at home than actually in school!

Are u in Year 11 btw?? XX
Reply 6
Mine starts in the middle of May I think.
Reply 7
It depends on your school. We might not be getting any study leave this year because the headteacher thinks it might be better for us to stay in school.
We were going to get a month of study leave, but they cancelled it last week so now we are in school throughout exams etc :sigh:

Depends entirely on your school, you'll probably find out just after easter, that's when we found out the dates for GCSEs last year.
Reply 9
.. -.-"
I 'think' my study leave starts on the 27th May, no more lessons :smile:. I have exams before that >.<", my school is annoying :frown: wish I actually have two weeks at least - study leave.
Reply 10
14th May for me!
Are there no teachers at your school? Is it just one, hollow building students go to for the hell of it? No you say? Oh, how odd, I would have thought you'd have asked them!
Reply 12
I'm in year 11 and we're not getting one... because the people last year had one and did crap at GCSE -_-
Iepnauy
.. -.-"
I 'think' my study leave starts on the 27th May, no more lessons :smile:. I have exams before that >.<", my school is annoying :frown: wish I actually have two weeks at least - study leave.

Be thankful, my school's policy is that we are now attending all lessons until the final AS exam for each exam, then back properly on the 11th June for the start of A2. My last exams for all four subjects are on the 9th and 10th so am in school throughout :p:
Reply 14
emma363
I'm in year 11 and we're not getting one... because the people last year had one and did crap at GCSE -_-

I think our school realised about 3-4 years ago that people spent "study" leave on their PS2/Xboxs :biggrin:. So study leave no more :frown:

letsdothetimewarpagain
Be thankful, my school's policy is that we are now attending all lessons until the final AS exam for each exam, then back properly on the 11th June for the start of A2. My last exams for all four subjects are on the 9th and 10th so am in school throughout :p:

Just found out it's on the 19th May :smile:. So I guess it's okay, but i'll already have had my first exam, I 'think'
Reply 15
21st till some july....
we had to do flippin protests for our study leave. Lucky people.
I’m not doing exams I’m doing assessments I’ve to stay at home like Mrs Trudi Togneri Mrs Kerry Edwards said Amy doesn’t need to come to school she can just stay at home and find something to do she can go onto bbc bite size English National 4 Scottish Studies National 3 Administration National 4 Hospitality National 3
Original post by qasidb
Firstly, are we even going to get a decent study leave. My form tutor told me it's only going to be about 2 or 3 days if we do get one.

If we do, WHEN THE HELL IS IT?!!!
I think probably mine is non-existant.

My one is one week before our exams so the 3rd of may is our last day at school and then the next time we go back is to do our exams so on the 13th.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending