Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    But I would imagine it is quite rare.
    I think Warwick and Cambridge do it, don't know who else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I think Warwick and Cambridge do it, don't know who else.
    Bath are making offers of AAA for Maths this year, but will take AAB with a Merit in AEA Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    so what questions do they ask?
    um... well for english it was about 20 pretty heavy excerpts from texts that you prob wouldn't have seen before.

There was a long long list of questions, all quite open ended. You had two to answer.

One of them was about the relationship between nature and literature, and I talked about the concept of mimesis etc...

I don't know what the other subject ones are like....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    so what questions do they ask?
    here's the 2002 physics paper: http://www.ccea.org.uk/aea%20subject...P%20June02.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Bath are making offers of AAA for Maths this year, but will take AAB with a Merit in AEA Maths.
    I got AAB for my maths offer from bath (perhaps because I have a 2 in step already :confused:)

Incidentally, all Warwick maths offers include the option of AAB + merit in AEA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    here's the 2002 physics paper: http://www.ccea.org.uk/aea%20subject...P%20June02.pdf
    had a look at the bio paper, looks quite similar to a bio olympiad past paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    had a look at the bio paper, looks quite similar to a bio olympiad past paper
    The questions are very much the same difficulty, if anything, Olympiads are a bit harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    i might do AEA geog for the fun of it -looked at sample papers on the internet and they seem quite easy. don't know if i'll bother tho as it is on the final day of my exams in the afternoon after chem.

Yeah, thats the problem. They all come at the end - i actually had a clash with my final physics paper and English AEA. 4 and a half hours of exams in one day. Nice! :rolleyes:

Still, its only 3 hours of your life. Whats the harm? If you don't get distinction or merit, then you don't even have to say you took it...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.