Turn on thread page Beta

pre-made revision timetables watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am going into year 11 next year and I want to spend as more time looking at good revision material and less time searching for it!

Please can anyone tell me any links where there are pre-made revision timetables! THANK YOU!!

(p.s- why do edexcel have NO gcse maths specimens)

ReputationRep:
    the member trev has a link in his sig about timetables or something. thats usefull.

ReputationRep:
    You might find these sites helpful for pre-made revision timetables:
    http://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/online_rev/index.htm
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/...planners.shtml
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/revision/planners/

How to create a Revision Timetable
    At the top of your timetable write down each day of the week (e.g. Monday – Sunday) and down the side right down the times in e.g. hourly slots (from e.g. 9:00am-7:00pm)
    Then divide your timetable up into boxes, so that you have a box for each hour.
    Write down each of your subjects and try to give each subject the same amount of time – you might wish to spend longer times on the subjects you find easy, but remember to not just revise your favourites or not revise a subject because you find it ‘’easy’’.
    Remember to take regular breaks e.g. every half hour and a longer break after 2-3 sessions.
    Try to alter the subjects you’re revising – so you don’t revise one subject in a long stint. There’s nothing like Maths equations followed by English Literature (for example) for variety
    Remember to start early so that you have enough time
    When I was doing my revision, I actually incorporated ‘’recap’’ sessions into the timetable
    Don’t feel guilty if you miss a day – just make sure you get back on track as soon as you can
    Mark clearly the times when you know you cannot revise because of e.g. family commitment, seeing friends etc
    Try changing your timetable ever so often for some variety (see templates above)
    You might also consider basing it on the number of papers you have to sit for each subject (e.g. 3 if you’re doing Science)

I have no idea why Edexcel don't do specimen exam papers. You could ask your teacher for them or visit the website:
    www.gcsemathspastpapers.com - unfortunately there are no answers though, but if you know someone who is doing A-Level Maths then they could work them out for you.

Remember that the difficulty of the questions is required to be at the same standard whichever exam board you follow. Below is a link for the OCR specimen paper for 2003. (As I didn't do Edexcel or OCR, I'm not in a position to answer specific questions about the style of the exams)

http://www.ocr.org.uk/OCR/WebSite/do...ver=PRODUKTION

Post again if you have any more questions - no doubt others on the forum will also contribute their suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for all the info!!

ReputationRep:
    www.scool.co.uk
    www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize - not all that thou :P
    http://www.wpbschoolhouse.btinternet.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    I did create a revision timetable originally when I was revising but I ended up not using it, as for some exams you have to revise more. For instance I could only afford to spend a couple of nights for Graphics revision as I had a History exam the day after and a Maths exam the day before, both of which I considered more high priority. It is good you are interested in this now, I hope you do well.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh thanks for the websites as well

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.