Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here ever tried to break a world record, in any category, or held/holds one? My friend is in the middle of a Missile Command marathon; he's on half a million points and hasn't lost yet, the best thing being there isn't a record for the SMS yet so we can automatically claim it! I'm in the process of trying for several gaming records-I'll let you all know how I get on. And while I'm here I know this should go in gaming but it's silly to create two threads; if anyone else owns Psycho Pinball, what's your highest score?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: how?! missle command is impossible!! i cnt even beat the preset scores on the 28games in 1 gameboy cartridge

ReputationRep:
    It's funny you should mention gaming records..
    It's quite old news, but some gaming fanatic in Korea I think it was went on a gaming marathon for 50 hours and died due to exhaustion!! (Although I don't think he meant to break or set any records!)

ReputationRep:
    It's made harder by the fact that on the SMS, you have to switch between firing stations, unlike the original atari and arcade machines which had a trackball (this was sometimes prone to breaking in marathons) and three firing buttons. He's simply got a mojo working atm, and with my 338million score on psycho the other day I'm not doing bad myself! I'm trying for the Super Mario World fastest run record; it's about 11 minutes and I'm agonisingly close!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbas6)
    It's quite old news, but some gaming fanatic in Korea I think it was went on a gaming marathon for 50 hours and died due to exhaustion!! (Although I don't think he meant to break or set any records!)
    yea, i heard something like that... was it on the computer??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSornia)
    It's made harder by the fact that on the SMS, you have to switch between firing stations, unlike the original atari and arcade machines which had a trackball (this was sometimes prone to breaking in marathons) and three firing buttons. He's simply got a mojo working atm, and with my 338million score on psycho the other day I'm not doing bad myself! I'm trying for the Super Mario World fastest run record; it's about 11 minutes and I'm agonisingly close!
    ahh jeez! sod the Mario record!! what Mario game is that on thoug?

ReputationRep:
    SNES Super Mario World.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    yea, i heard something like that... was it on the computer??
    Yes it was! Here's the link:

S Korean dies after games session

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here ever tried to break a world record, in any category, or held/holds one? My friend is in the middle of a Missile Command marathon; he's on half a million points and hasn't lost yet, the best thing being there isn't a record for the SMS yet so we can automatically claim it! I'm in the process of trying for several gaming records-I'll let you all know how I get on. And while I'm here I know this should go in gaming but it's silly to create two threads; if anyone else owns Psycho Pinball, what's your highest score?
    No record for the SMS? The short message service?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbas6)
    This is a really old story. Maybe I could find it in the archives of some newspaper. About a decade ago, a girl played Mario Days for several days straight and unfortunately she had a tendency to sleep walk... and was dreaming she was in Super Mario Bros. She jumped out of an open window and broke her legs.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry; SMS stands in older circles for Sega Master System.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry; SMS stands in older circles for Sega Master System.
    Well call it a Master System. I had one but that doesn't mean I call it an SMS especially since that's an abbreviation for short message service almost all the time. This is General Discussion. You have to speak clearly for all the gaming ignoranuses.

ReputationRep:
    We set one at school for... wait for it... most people doing heads, shoulders, knees and toes simultaneously. Seriously.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.