The Student Room Group

Worried help!!

Since i will be applying for student finance for 2010/2011 will they base my parents income off the tax year of 2009/2010 or 2008/2009? My dad was made redundant in march of 2010 and his redundancy was used to pay off the mortgage and he hasn't yet found another job so my parents can barely afford to give me any financial aid. If they base it off 2008/9 i won't recieve anywhere near as much gov support? can someone clear this up for me please? is there any way i can get round this? Thanks.
hendy16
Since i will be applying for student finance for 2010/2011 will they base my parents income off the tax year of 2009/2010 or 2008/2009? My dad was made redundant in march of 2010 and his redundancy was used to pay off the mortgage and he hasn't yet found another job so my parents can barely afford to give me any financial aid. If they base it off 2008/9 i won't recieve anywhere near as much gov support? can someone clear this up for me please? is there any way i can get round this? Thanks.

Don't get too worried - read this page. A relevant extract is below:
If you’re expecting your household income to drop

Student finance applications are usually assessed on household income for the previous tax year.

But if you’re expecting a significant drop in your income, you can ask to be assessed on the current tax year instead.

If you think your household income for the current tax year will be at least 15 per cent lower than for the previous tax year, complete and return a ‘Current year income assessment form’. Make sure you also supply the evidence it asks for.

* Download Current year income assessment form - tax year 2009-10 (PDF, 47K)
Reply 2

Latest

Trending

Trending