The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

girlieariane
i'm in lewes court phase 2 and i'm chuffed!en-suite and broadband! i completely think that its what you make of it! i can't imagine us all neing unsociable people in lewes court! i am def not! don't think i'll be the only person with this perspective, at least i hope not!!i talk to any1 who will listen! hehe! not to slag east slope but i've been to the halls there to see one of my friends and i could not live there! i suppose it is all up to personal preferences but lewes court 2 is where i want 2 be!

Don't worry - I'm in LCP2 as well and I'm sociable! I have a friend at Sussex and she has told me that some of the best parties last year were at Lewes Court so don't worry about it being unsociable... I think some of the comments on here are just negative about LC because they're written by die-hard East Slopers!!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
fab! i'm gettin so excited! i think we are goin to have to become die-hard lewes courters to be more encouraging for next years freshers!!hehe!
Reply 42
sounds like a plan
im in lewes court me inthe post this morn!!! but it doesnt say which phase??
from lookin at that plan someone posted im in block 1 so i presume thats iin phase 1, and it says phase 1 has some ensuites....so how do i know if i have one?
Reply 44
appleshampoo
im in lewes court me inthe post this morn!!! but it doesnt say which phase??
from lookin at that plan someone posted im in block 1 so i presume thats iin phase 1, and it says phase 1 has some ensuites....so how do i know if i have one?

how much is the rent? if it's £72ish you're in phase 1, £80 something phase 2 with the en-suite and broadband. It would say if you had an en-suite.
where would it say?the bit where it says what room u hav?? mine just says study room or summin like that...... o well suppose i can manage wivout ensuite :frown:

and phase 1 doesnt hav network connection........can i still get the internet, just not broadband rite???
Reply 46
did you defer last year, just wondering when the rest of us will find out cos if you didn't take a gap yaer it shoul;d be soon.
Reply 47
appleshampoo
where would it say?the bit where it says what room u hav?? mine just says study room or summin like that...... o well suppose i can manage wivout ensuite :frown:

and phase 1 doesnt hav network connection........can i still get the internet, just not broadband rite???

Yes you can get dial up but not broadband, did you get hte info about keysurf? They say they should be linked up by early 2006 but i'm not convinced, but there's lots of computers on campus you can use if you need a faster connection.

I imagine it would a study room with en-suite...mine just said study room and i know i don't have en-suite.
Reply 48
Elementalism
I'm not going to argue with you, Lewes Court is the least sociable place on Campus. You won't stay in your halls at all, you'll probably end up in East Slope Bar for most of the year. Nothing goes on in Lewes Court, if you throw a party, no one will turn up because it's too far away! Party hunters just listen out around East Slope. You'll see what I mean anyway!

Lewes Court is quiet pretty much all year round, it's not as if I didn't go back there - I did live on campus for a year! The fact is, there is zero community spirit in Lewes Court. Brighthelm has some, the Park Houses have some, Park Village has loads and so does East Slope. Nice flats, yes, but all I used my room for was to sleep and work in, and I don't need to pay £70+ for that!

I really hope one of you misses Lewes Court - As bad as that may sound, you won't regret it after the first term!

hallucination
Don't worry - I'm in LCP2 as well and I'm sociable! I have a friend at Sussex and she has told me that some of the best parties last year were at Lewes Court so don't worry about it being unsociable... I think some of the comments on here are just negative about LC because they're written by die-hard East Slopers!!

End of the day, it doesn't really matter if me and Elementalism are die-hard Slopers. Granted we both are and we both had amazing years there last year. We're not trying to dig about Lewes Court, but you want opinions and we're giving them. We only want you to have the sort of year we had - i.e the best of your life! To be perfectly honest, it doesn't really matter where you live at all, you live on the whole campus, not just one block. Maybe it was just last years Lewes Court, so I challenge you to make it more sociable! It's just that with the mix of having everything in your room (internet connection, en-suite) you're less likely to live in the communal area.

And trust, the Slope is **** easy to live in.

Flat 31, East Slope...
yeah i got summin bout keysurf, i havent read it all yet tho i'll do that 2mo! i hope we do get it linked up i remeber how slow my internet was before we got broadband!

o well, it shouldnt be too bad wiout an ensuite...i hope! i never looked at the bathrooms on the open day what were they like? are the showers in cubicles or summin?

no i didnt defer i got my accomodation stuff thru this morn (in fact i had loads of post this morn, i never normally hav any! i think i had about 5 envelopes!! must be my lucky day...god im sad!) anyway i imagine u shud hear soon...but its bank hol so no more post til tues!
Reply 50
Oh yeah damn it forgot about that! I hope i hear soon, im a very impatient person with things like that!
ktr18
End of the day, it doesn't really matter if me and Elementalism are die-hard Slopers. Granted we both are and we both had amazing years there last year. We're not trying to dig about Lewes Court, but you want opinions and we're giving them. We only want you to have the sort of year we had - i.e the best of your life! To be perfectly honest, it doesn't really matter where you live at all, you live on the whole campus, not just one block. Maybe it was just last years Lewes Court, so I challenge you to make it more sociable! It's just that with the mix of having everything in your room (internet connection, en-suite) you're less likely to live in the communal area.

And trust, the Slope is **** easy to live in.

Flat 31, East Slope...

Yeah well I'll definitely try and make it more sociable...guess it depends on my flatmates though! Oh well, if I'm with ultra-boring people then I'll just have to put in for a transfer...I'm being optimistic at the moment though! I would've thought the fact that LCP2 has wireless internet makes the communal areas more sociable...you can sit at the kitchen table with your laptop...I can't really think of a social barrier with regard to en-suite...it's not like you would only talk to your flatmates on your way to the toilet!

Anyway, we do appreciate your comments :smile: I wasn't having a go...just trying not to get worried about my flat being boring!!
appleshampoo
no i didnt defer i got my accomodation stuff thru this morn (in fact i had loads of post this morn, i never normally hav any! i think i had about 5 envelopes!! must be my lucky day...god im sad!) anyway i imagine u shud hear soon...but its bank hol so no more post til tues!

Bah! I didn't get any of that in the post this morning... :mad:

All I got delivered today was a Drum & Bass CD I ordered (quality!)
as well as an information pack about TimeBank (as I'm hoping to
cram in a bit of volunteering work in the next 3 weeks!).

But Tuesday it is then. Humph.
-On the bright side, I recently quit my part-time evening job.
Last shift at M&S foods, tonight! :biggrin:
Reply 53
I got my accomodation info this morning. I'm in Lancaster House, which I am very happy with. £66.75 / week? That's doable.
Reply 54
did anyone who asked for ensuite get it?
Becca28
did anyone who asked for ensuite get it?

I've been given ensuite...but I had an unconditional offer.
i got my accommodation through today. I'm in Norwich House which i'm pleased about. Bit confused about all the internet connections tho.
Reply 57
Yeah, it's a bit strange. From what I understand, they'll be in the process of extending it to East Slope and Park Village and, once that has finished, to the rest of campus accomodation. Hopefully, it should all be done by February-March 2006. It also seems to give off the impression that the wireless connection will be free. Is this true, does anyone know?
Well, my new Laptop will be wireless capable...

Maybe just wander around campus and see where you pick up a connection!
They even have websites listing public places where you can do that, hehe.

But equally, I saw a show where a guy with a laptop hacked into everyone's
bluetooth phones! He was at a station café, but accessed dozens of contact lists!
Just to prove a point, I guess. He ended up pranking some of them.
You'll have no problem picking up a connection if you're anywhere near York House. Some places on East Slope that had a clear view of York House could get the connection too.

Latest