Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Vodafone Anytime 100. Got my Sony Ericsson Z600 free and well happy at the moment. Plus 150 free text messages a month (for first 6 months) and a few quid of free content on Vodafone Live (picture messages and WAP).

O2 PAYG Original with my old and trusty Nokia 3210.

Oh yea, forgot about my Orange SIM on the Fixed-Rates plan as well. Got it plus a Text Saver pack for free, part of an offer from The Sun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    Vodafone Anytime 100. Got my Sony Ericsson Z600 free and well happy at the moment. Plus 150 free text messages a month (for first 6 months) and a few quid of free content on Vodafone Live (picture messages and WAP).

Oh yea, forgot about my Orange SIM on the Fixed-Rates plan as well. Got it plus a Text Saver pack for free, part of an offer from The Sun.
    im on verizon, what else?

ReputationRep:

Just be careful. After 6 months your bill will shoot up to an additional 9 quid for the text, unless you cancel the text package.

I take it you got it on three months free line rental?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Just be careful. After 6 months your bill will shoot up to an additional 9 quid for the text, unless you cancel the text package.

an additional 9 quid *gasps*

ReputationRep:

Eh??? What additional £9 for the text? I don't text that much anyways. And after 6 months, I can pop in my Orange SIM whenever I want and use my Text Saver (5 free texts a day!) which is enough for me. And I'm planning to cancel my contract and keep the phone after a year.

And I'm not exactly sure what you mean about three months free line rental. I got mine from The Carphone Warehouse where all phones are free on Vodafone this month.

ReputationRep:
    Eh??? What additional £6 for the text? I don't text that much anyways. And after 6 months, I can pop in my Orange SIM whenever I want and use my Text Saver (5 free texts a day!) which is enough for me. And I'm planning to cancel my contract and keep the phone after a year.

And I'm not exactly sure what you mean about three months free line rental. I got mine from The Carphone Warehouse where all phones are free on Vodafone this month.
    no ive never heard of blazin razin!

ReputationRep:
    Eh??? What additional £6 for the text? I don't text that much anyways. And after 6 months, I can pop in my Orange SIM whenever I want and use my Text Saver (5 free texts a day!) which is enough for me. And I'm planning to cancel my contract and keep the phone after a year.

After six months, you will be charged for the text message bundle, unless you cancel them. You get six months free, but then after that period they will add an additional nine quid not six onto your bill for the six months after, unless you ring up Voda and cancel them.

If you just want the phone, you can change your tariff after six months to like the cheapest tariff, which is like fifteen quid, and pop your sim in, then serve out the remainder of your contract.

ReputationRep:
    After six months, you will be charged for the text message bundle, unless you cancel them. You get six months free, but then after that period they will add an additional nine quid not six onto your bill for the six months after, unless you ring up Voda and cancel them.

If you just want the phone, you can change your tariff after six months to like the cheapest tariff, which is like fifteen quid, and pop your sim in, then serve out the remainder of your contract.
    did you get my pm?

ReputationRep:

Oh well, I had no idea that I was being subscribed to some 150 texts a month thing for the year! Cheers for reminding me about that then! Good thing I still have my Text Saver.

And yea, I was thinking of changing to Anytime 30 after the first 6 months but an extra £7 a month or so for the next 6 months ain't much for 70 more minutes free a month!

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, I had no idea that I was being subscribed to some 150 texts a month thing for the year! Cheers for reminding me about that then! Good thing I still have my Text Saver.

And yea, I was thinking of changing to to Anytime 30 after the first 6 months but an extra £7 a month for the next 6 months ain't much for 70 more minutes free a month!
    No problems. Just remember to cancel them on the fifth month. I presume its in one of your parents names, the contract? They will have to do it, when they ring through.

ReputationRep:
    No problems. Just remember to cancel them on the fifth month. I presume its in one of your parents names, the contract? They will have to do it, when they ring through.
    i didnt realize people cared so much about phone plans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i didnt realize people cared so much about phone plans!
    It puts a lot of people in debt these days. People with 900 quid bills, through no fault of their own, just because someobdy mis-sold them the time plans. You probably would not understand, as you are probably on Pay as you go.

PAYG are completely different to contracts.

ReputationRep:
    It puts a lot of people in debt these days. People with 900 quid bills, through no fault of their own, just because someobdy mis-sold them the time plans. You probably would not understand, as you are probably on Pay as you go.

PAYG are completely different to contracts.
    do they even have that sort of system in the US?

ReputationRep:
    It's actually my contract

And don't worry, I ain't the typical teenager who chats to their mates every single evening for like hours. To be honest, the only reason why I went for a contract phone was because I would get the SE Z600 cheaper than I would with PAYG and it would come with free calls which is a bonus. All I have to do is make sure I don't go over the limit which I do by checking my timers and records on my phone often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    do they even have that sort of system in the US?
    i think so? no were actually on a plan, well my parents plan !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i think so? no were actually on a plan, well my parents plan !
    i was thinking whether you actually have "pay as you go" in the US. not just payplans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpAnIsH_fLy)
    Vodafone!!
    9p per message after ure 3rd message of the day
    hehehe
    Compared to Orange where I get 5 free txts a day whilst on pay-as-you-go. Tho its 12p/txt after that.

Just heard Bob Monkhouse is dead.

ReputationRep:
    T-Mobile here. I hardly use my phone, so I doubt it'd make much difference if I used another network.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.