Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    now that school is over and uni approaches what is your best school memory mine is probably the sixth form ball

ReputationRep:
    Just finished GCSEs, but finding out that the Upper Sixth put the headmisstress' head on a gay pride flag and strung it up the school flag pole was pretty good - the school's in Brighton and as it's all girls, we do have a certain reputation (men hating femanists last time I checked - trust me it's not true, desperation might be a better one!), apparently she was LIVID...

ReputationRep:
    Secondary school where we were in a science lesson, (ya know the one where you learn that heating a paint tin makes the lid pop off etc...) well our teacher heated it, it flew up into the air and then landed an got stuck between his blazer and neck... he ran around like a madman screaming... (he didn't get hurt that badly) we all had a laugh about it later tho.

ReputationRep:
    Well, i've just finished my GCSE's and have to leave my school as it only goes up to 16, and i would have to say the best memory would have to be when the Headmaster called me into his office and told me that i was made Head boy. It felt like after so many years of working hard, taking part in extra-curricular activities and so on had paid off and i was so pleased. When i told my mum she burst into tears! :bawling:
    And also saying my head boy speech at the end of term - the cheers and the applauses i got from that was breathtaking! Everyone cheering and whistling - it was just so emotional and it will stay with me for the rest of my life! It was the hardest thinhg saying goodbye to my school after 11 fantastic years!

HEAD BOY

ReputationRep:
    I'm in College now but back at High School in Yrs 10 and 11 I was ALWAYS sat behind a attractive female in Science who always had her thong showing! It was quite a nice distraction from what was actually being taught

Also I loved being a 'prefect'. You felt so 'above' all the other years, even though nearly everybody who could be a prefect was a prefect!

ReputationRep:
    Seeing the giant penis spray-painted on the grass outside the cafeteria. It's left a permanent mark too, they had to mow the lawn. And then someone put it back again

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is "head boy"--it makes it sound like a blow job.

Is it like being head boy in Harry Potter?

ReputationRep:
    dirty mind :P

yeah i guess like the one in Harry Potter.. just a boy 'in charge of the school'. Should be popular, but sometimes teachers make error of judgement, so should always be voted for. You don't want someone head boy like the guy at my old school who everyone hated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ace is Back)
    dirty mind :P

yeah i guess like the one in Harry Potter.. just a boy 'in charge of the school'. Should be popular, but sometimes teachers make error of judgement, so should always be voted for. You don't want someone head boy like the guy at my old school who everyone hated
    oh, you mean like the President of the school? Why not head girl then? or is there one....
    We always elected our president at school.

haha..poor guy. Was he a nerd & that's why people hated him?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he goes to an all-bloke's school, there are definitely head girls as well. And I suppose at an all-girly school there'd only be a head girl.

Nah, he wasn't really a nerd. But he was weird... and he crapped in his underwear once which didn't do him much good, and pretended to like bands like Slipknot which he thought was the cool thing. He also made up the fact that he had a girlfriend and was taking her out to get out of going to the leaver's 'disco'. Ehehehehehe.. actually kinda feel sorry for him now. Had forgotten all about him, wonder how he's doing

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he goes to an all-bloke's school, there are definitely head girls as well. And I suppose at an all-girly school there'd only be a head girl.

Nah, he wasn't really a nerd. But he was weird... and he crapped in his underwear once which didn't do him much good, and pretended to like bands like Slipknot which he thought was the cool thing. He also made up the fact that he had a girlfriend and was taking her out to get out of going to the leaver's 'disco'. Ehehehehehe.. actually kinda feel sorry for him now. Had forgotten all about him, wonder how he's doing
    hehehehehe he crapped his pants eh heheh..was he head boy of preschool,geez.

aw poor guy--making up a gf. I would have danced with him at a disco if he didn't **** himself and made a horrible stench.

ReputationRep:
    Very noble of you madam

ReputationRep:
    I'm generous like that. You should have offered to befriend him like a Good Samaritan.

ReputationRep:
    I have much to learn from you and your angelic ways

ReputationRep:
    I have much to learn from you and your angelic ways
    Ah. I'm always so ****ing polite to everyone, especially on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah you're definitely very polite here. Couldn't imagine why you got one of those red things by your post count

ReputationRep:
    I only have a red thing because I'm special and cool like that...

People just have issues on here (sigh) too many issues. I mean, I haven't really offended anyone seriously. If they want me to say something nasty to them for reals, I'll end up making them cwy and snicker while I do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    What the hell is "head boy"--it makes it sound like a blow job.

Is it like being head boy in Harry Potter?

Some people, honestly :rolleyes: Well what the hell do you think it is lol! I'm Head of school if that sounds better! I was elected by the Headmaster and the teachers because i'm loved :love: lol! And by the pupils aswell, of course! There is no Head girl because i go to an all boys schools, well i should put that in the past tense, i went to an all boys schools - they finish at GCSE.

And I'm the one with the dirty mind! :rolleyes:

HEAD BOY

ReputationRep:
    Best school memory? Well, my year 11 leavers assembly was great. We had a prom too, which was good, but the fact that it cost so much was kinda annoying. The leaver's assembly was good because the it was free! And spontaneous too - we all thought it would be some boring thing with speeches etc but they even let this band (made up of people in the yeargroup) play with their guitars etc, and everyone all stood on their chairs dancing! We'd all signed our shirts and everything too. I think it was just the atmosphere of 'no more school!!!' (well, 9 out of 10 people go to college or our school's 6th form but you know what I mean). I'll never forget that day. i just wish I'd got a video camera from somewhere and filmed it (like some other people did)...

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    best memories...hmm. there's so many! being told I was on the Head Girls' team, seeing our efforts pay off when the prom was a huge success. performing in the production with my best friends, that was an awesome experience. just 6th form in general! loved every minute of it.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.