The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was a prefect in one of our houses, and I'll never forget how, the weeks before leaving, I receive hugs and goodbyes from all pupils in that yeargroup. They were 13-14 year olds, and the amounts of "we'll miss you" truly showed how liked our team of prefects was. To my mind, it has never happened before to a group of prefects at my (ex)-school - made me feel so proud to have done so well... :proud:

:puke: Sorry, I just realised how incredibly corny all that sounded. But I'm posting it anyway... :biggrin:
Reply 21
HEAD BOY
Some people, honestly :rolleyes: Well what the hell do you think it is lol! I'm Head of school if that sounds better! I was elected by the Headmaster and the teachers because i'm loved :love: lol! And by the pupils aswell, of course! There is no Head girl because i go to an all boys schools, well i should put that in the past tense, i went to an all boys schools - they finish at GCSE.

And I'm the one with the dirty mind! :rolleyes:

HEAD BOY

Ah well, I never said you had a dirtier mind, but the term "head boy" speaks for itself.

An all boys school eh--(raising eyebrows, oh really)......I would want to go to one, mainly to avoid nasty females though, although I'd be the really cool female that'd be like a boy mentally.

Random observation: Is it me or it seems like most of these best memories deal with people having power? Prefect, head....boy, etc.? What is it with people and power?
Reply 22
All my favourite memories seem to be Libertines related...jumping around on the chairs in the empty sixth form common room while skiving sports, and yelling along to 'Up the Bracket', I have odd snatches of seeing flailing school ties and tendrils of hair and the gentle roll of the kettle brewing...and then waltzing along corridors, buying chocolate licquers at lunchtime and returning slightly hyper to listen to Legs 11, just the four of us 'indie kids', and the others sat around with haughty expressions which just set us off giggling even more....sticking 'sponsored by filthy Mc Nasty's Irish whiskey' signs around the place....posters of Pete 'n' Carl.....bright eyed discussions all through the Libertines saga, and the sensation of seeing that NME cover from October 2003 with Pete and Carl re-united (!!!!!!!) as we were huddled in the corner one cold morning...

I suppose not neccessarily a memory, but having three dear friends who closely shared the passionate euphoria of the inarticulate romance of youth, from sitting in a Parisian window, feet resting in the grooves of the cold radiator and sketching the rooftops, to the bawdy echo of 'Time for Heroes' in the school corridors.

:smile:

oh yeah, and the physics teacher's experiments never working. Infact gcse physics lessons in general...the entire class coughing every time the second timer on the clock passed 12, or low humming for five minutes, or standing up to sign the Welsh national anthem every time the teacher had her back turned...or on one memorable occasion, some boy locking her out of the room mid way through the lesson..which was somewhat illogical really..... and then everyone hiding under the desks....
Reply 23
strangely, one of my best memories has to be sticking my head out a window whilst wearing a fan hat (a hat which folds up, and can be used as a fan) and then coo-ing like a pigeon at passers by, with one of my friends. there's no real reason for this, just that i went for about 20 minutes doing this, and i found it quite entertaining.
The first few months of year 7. During this period, the whole of my class, 7N, got to know each other really well and we often met as a class outside Gregg's or MacDonnald's before the start of school, where we would all walk to school eating our food and behave like typical, excited year 7s. Those days were really relaxed and back then we didn't have a care in the world.
Haha I just remembered another memorable moment (well, a few moments). When we were in about year 7 or 8, the boys in my class (being immature) found it really funny to hide in the cupboards during registration and pop out when their name was called in the register. What idiots! Made everyone laugh though. Also, when they'd sit there in registration as if nothing was wrong except all wearing science lab googles. For some reason the boys found it so funny but us girls just laughed at how immature they were being...LOL
MissSurfer
Haha I just remembered another memorable moment (well, a few moments). When we were in about year 7 or 8, the boys in my class (being immature) found it really funny to hide in the cupboards during registration and pop out when their name was called in the register. What idiots! Made everyone laugh though. Also, when they'd sit there in registration as if nothing was wrong except all wearing science lab googles. For some reason the boys found it so funny but us girls just laughed at how immature they were being...LOL

All I remember about registers is a group of boys answering 'here' to everyone's name even if they were absent, and saying 'here, miss' to any male teacher they didn't like. They seemed to find that hilarious.
Reply 27
MissSurfer

i have to admit, i would have found that quite funny. but then, i am the kind of person who found running around the school screaming "ye can tak' our lives but ye cannae tak' our freedom!" during free periods quite fun.
kellywood, they did that in our school too...

buttons7, yes, it was funny but only because we all used to wonder why the hell they were acted like that! Anyway, can you imagine how it would have looked if the girls were to have done it (jump out the cupboards) instead of the boys? LOL
Reply 29
MissSurfer
kellywood, they did that in our school too...

buttons7, yes, it was funny but only because we all used to wonder why the hell they were acted like that! Anyway, can you imagine how it would have looked if the girls were to have done it (jump out the cupboards) instead of the boys? LOL

i can imagine, actually, lol.

i'm beginning to feel very immature.
buttons7
i can imagine, actually, lol.

i'm beginning to feel very immature.

haha don't worry, i suppose we do all have our moments....

*fondly remembers the goat mask on new years eve...* use your imagination LOL
Reply 31
When i got suspended for saying kill jews. In science in year 10, i was in top gtoup as we were trying to remember the order of reactivity of metals of the periodic table so i decided to say that one instead. I got kicked out of class then stupid gay teachers did that even though there were worse chavs kids in our school who got bummed by the teacher.
^^^^ "Kill Jews"? Or "Killjoys"? I agree with your teacher, I would have kicked you out for the former.
Reply 33
Yeah, even though kids in our school were saying kill all asians and swearing to teachers etc, i can go on. I only said i thing and so what?!
Reply 34
My best memory is at the year 10 end of year concert, when our male head of year dressed up in a low cut sparkly purple top, a pink miniskirt, knee heigh boots and a huge purple wig. He then sang "I will survive". When they say that teachers are just failed actors, in his case that is certainly true!
Reply 35
More will come to me, but one of the funniest memories I have is one week before the IT GCSE exam, I got kicked out the lesson because my friend picked up a pen and I looked at him, this was when everyone else was talking and texting each other and talking on phones openly, when he said get out I started laughing and when I got to the door he asked "still find it FUNNY?" I said yes and laughed harder, then when I went in the libary to study he begged me to come back down incase the headmaster came in, but I stayed and never talked to him again, until the last day when he said sorry to me infront of the whole class. Memories!!

I think the best year of my school life was year 9, I was sitting next to someone and he constantly made me laugh, it was funny most times but in a strict teachers lesson, what an adreneline thrill! :tsr:
Reply 36
graduation day :rolleyes:
Reply 37
heninacoop
Just finished GCSEs, but finding out that the Upper Sixth put the headmisstress' head on a gay pride flag and strung it up the school flag pole was pretty good - the school's in Brighton and as it's all girls, we do have a certain reputation (men hating femanists last time I checked - trust me it's not true, desperation might be a better one!), apparently she was LIVID...

Rodean school?
Reply 38
Best memory? I have too many!

Being asked to be netball captain.

Many a water fight/snow ball fight in the sixth form centre.

Just the general day-to-day banter & expereince.

Loved every minute, genuinely. would hv been beta without the exams & work though!
Reply 39
From years 7 to 11, i would say my history lessons in yr 9 with our midget teacher, Miss Ritchie. She was sooo mardy, and never smiled, and we just messed around so much in that lesson, having chalk board fights, putting the board rubber and chalk on top of the blackboard so she couldn't reach it, hiding under our desks and randomly singing 'happy birthday' to her when we felt like it. When the year ended, she told us she was glad to see the back of us, and hoped none of us would do GCSE history, and then we gave her some chocolates and a leaving card signed by all the class!I've never seen a teacher look so embarrassed!

Latest

Trending

Trending