Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody like this band? They're a seven piece from Scotland, and thus, seem to get compared to Belle & Sebastien a lot. But really, they're fantastic. They have this weird, kooky look going on, but their music is really chilled and laid back, but cool. Acoustic-Melodic stuff mainly, with silky vocals. I really like it. One of their best songs, in my opinion, is "Suspended From Class" ("I should be suspended from class; I don't know my elbow from my arse..."). Class. Try them. Or if you know them, what do you all think? I'm just buying their debut album, because the second was so good.

Web.

ReputationRep:
    lovely stuff

ReputationRep:
    never heard of them...

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I'm a fan, but I have heard enough to know they are very good...
    I should probably download more of their stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard much of their music, but what I've heard, I've liked. I'd say they are comparable to Belle & Sebastian, but not so much so as to lose their identity as a band! Most of what I've listened to seemed happy, and a little twee.

ReputationRep:
    Missed this thread.

Wonderful band.

I love Underachievers..

There can never be enough good pop in this world.

ReputationRep:
    Reminiscent of Adam Green I find.

The vocals (and the music somewhat) reminds me a tiny bit of US Indie band Yo La Tengo.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh they were amazing. Although some of the members were a bit butch I think they're perfectly fine.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.