Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i hate when you have a night on the old sauce then have work the nexr morning.

Hungover, underslept, and wanting another drink, its painful

ReputationRep:
    my fave drink is prolly beer, tennants is ok. never used to like it.

i do like a gin and chronic now and again

dont like vody but do drink it occasionally, dont like bucky either but i intend to start liking it soon ( as its cheap).

had a bastar d hang over this morning, drank two liters of water last night tho, in my sleep yo!

cheers for replies

bottoms upppp! :beerglass :beerglass :beerglass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alewhey)
    *summons Dionysius*
    *summons bacchus*

MB

ReputationRep:
    It's alright...

Just another drink..

ReputationRep:
    I drink quite a bit but I don't want to not be able to remember what I've done the night before (happened several times) I prefer to just get hyped-up on sugar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    i hate when you have a night on the old sauce then have work the nexr morning.

Hungover, underslept, and wanting another drink, its painful

If you get to the "wanting another drink in the morning" stage - you've got a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alewhey)
    *summons Dionysus*
    <snipperoonie>
    Oh, delightful.

Red wine - rich dark and and deep - but to facilitate social communication, rather than an end in itself.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite drink depends so much on the situation!
    Most pleasurable to drink I find is a proper long island ice tea, for the amount of alcohol in it it slips down worryingly easily, too expensive to make a habit of, though.
    On a hot summers day going out to the park with some mates and a cooler full of lagers (Carlsberg for personal preference) is ridiculously refreshing, can take a nice long run up at a night out that way too.
    If I'm going out with the intention of remembering next to nothing (not that I would ever condone such behaviour), whisky and coke, I have no idea how many shots of whisky I normally have in a drink, but I try not to excede more than 50% spirits.
    If I want to get tipsy quickly and cheaply then I resort to the students favourite of diesel (Lager, cider and blackcurrant, for those unaware of it or with a different name for it). It doesn't taste too bad and the mixing can get you going pretty fast.
    Sitting in a pub with my mates these days I normally sample the guest ales, a bit too filling to get really hammered from them but they're reasonably priced and variety is the spice of life.
    If the social gathering is of a slightly classier air then I don't mind sipping down a few glasses of wine, German white for preference, bad experiences following red wine in the past.
    These days I usually avoid shooters like the plague, unpleasant and many bad experiences (some of which I don't recall).

Think that about does it.

Edit: To answer the original question, I suppose I do like alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    I drink quite a bit but I don't want to not be able to remember what I've done the night before (happened several times) I prefer to just get hyped-up on sugar.
    I second that :p: Dont get me started on smoking

ReputationRep:
    Drinking is well, overrated... Who says you need to get pissed?

Just because lots of people are doing it and feeling sick then saying its fun, everyone wants to do the same because its the 'in' thing to do and they can brag about how wrecked/hungover they are. What's the point of this exercise?

Wow, you spent lots of cash trying to ruin your liver and lose your sense of self control because you are so insecure and normally lacking in confidence and now you've pissed it up the wall... literally.

ReputationRep:
    drinking rocks. I always have too much though, and always end up smashed... oh well!

My favorite drink at the moment is Cider - preferably Strongbow. Its like tangy apple juice!

After a good few pints of that i usually go onto vodka and whiskey shots. That always leads to some fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    Drinking is well, overrated... Who says you need to get pissed?

Just because lots of people are doing it and feeling sick then saying its fun, everyone wants to do the same because its the 'in' thing to do and they can brag about how wrecked/hungover they are. What's the point of this exercise?

Wow, you spent lots of cash trying to ruin your liver and lose your sense of self control because you are so insecure and normally lacking in confidence and now you've pissed it up the wall... literally.
    Nobody says you need to 'get pissed'. Alcohol, like most things, is fine for most people in moderation.

ReputationRep:
    I like a large amount to drink when I go out with friends. Don't drink other than that.

ReputationRep:
    I find it really overrated. I wouldn't say no to a couple of nice cocktails though. Mmmm. With umbrellas and bits of fruit and everything.

ReputationRep:
    I am a lager girl myself. I like to go out with my mates to the local for a few pints and a few games of pool. I rarely get wasted though mainly because I can't afford to.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.