why people judge others by their teeth Watch

Internet & Google
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
why people judge other by their teeth ? do you feel insecure of your teeth look when you smile ? :p: any ideas
catiecashman
Badges: 12
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Internet & Google)
why people judge other by their teeth ? do you feel insecure of your teeth look when you smile ? :p: any ideas

I think others judge people by their teeth just like you'd judge them on anything else. If they have dirty/yellow teeth it's a sign of poor hygiene which is generally a negative attribute. As far as crooked teeth & gaps, I think they add a lot of personality to a smile :yes:
Princesschickenbelly
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Because everyone is obsessed with America and their glow in the dark teeth.
TheRealDarthVader
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In the animal world, teeth are used to show dominance. That's why I had fangs installed.
Lovlii-Ladii
Report 9 years ago
because usually the first thing you notice when your talking to someone is their smile. I think someones teeth and smile kind of relates to their personality..well ppl think that atleast (subconsiously)..when you see some1 with dirty teeth you think they are a tramp and...if you see someone with white teeth you think that they are a genuinly nice person because they will have a nice confident smile.
catiecashman
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
Ha, it's actually true - we all have glow in the dark teeth
ily_em
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I dunno.... maybe because these days better teeth means they can afford venneers and teeth whitening etc. But personally, I think people with too perfect teeth seem a bit fake. That said, I'm not a huge fan of my own teeth; they're oddly shaped :o:.
L'Amour Toujours
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by catiecashman)
I think others judge people by their teeth just like you'd judge them on anything else. If they have dirty/yellow teeth it's a sign of poor hygiene which is generally a negative attribute. As far as crooked teeth & gaps, I think they add a lot of personality to a smile :yes:
:ditto:

In addition to that, I suppose the teeth can also indicate a certain degree of wealth, especially if said person is able to afford veneers, etc. However, I am happy with my own teeth being the way they are; although they could, admittedly, do with a little straightening up now.
chloedabell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Everyone who I know with bad teeth, besides my mum surprisingly, has a personality to match. The people with really great teeth are also really nice. I don't judge them by their teeth, it just seems to be two things that follow the same pattern. I do hate bad teeth though.
lella_m
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love teeth :love:

Not the stereotypical American veneer teeth though :puke:
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
Those kinda teeth scare the **** out of me.
Media student
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
because nowadays, everything is about being fake, your designer clothes being fake, your white teeth, your 3Liter GTI fake label on your car, your fake silky black hair etc
gregjohn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
everything is fake today !
Gradmaker
Report 9 years ago
I think it's just because straight white teeth look good. I wanna get my teeth whitened.
Wildebeest
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Teeth do tend to feature rather highly in the perception of how attractive someone is, but perhaps some pass a degree of judgement based upon teeth because of the active role one can take in keeping them in good condition. Orthodontic treatment certainly isn't readily available to everyone; following a low-sugar diet, brushing teeth regularly and abstaining from smoking, on the other hand, are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (412)
43.78%
No (98)
10.41%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.8%

Watched Threads