The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
i have to say that i do enjoy seeing neil warnock in the papers, his comments always ammuse me. the programme on sky at the end of the footie season called "warnock" was one of the best comedies of the year. but hey, thats what i would say being a wednesday fan.
the best part of that day was wednesday winning as well, thanks to a cracker by chris brunt. WHAT A GOAL THAT WAS.
but yeah, neil is an idiot for taking things over the top, the ref doesnt have the ability to change time, there was nothing that the ref could have done
The thing with Spurs is they are soooo unpredictble.... one minute they will be beating good teams, the next they will be scraping 0-0 draws off teams like (the mighty) Blackburn - who were down to 10 men... As a Blackburn fan i have to say, the big teams beat us at Ewood Park... a draw is not good enough there for the big 4 and i think until Spurs are putting results away at clubs like us, they wont get all that far...
Reply 2362
jaydoh
Fletcher gives the team a bad name. He is sooo crap, he can't tackle, pass properly, he has no strength. He's just not Man U standard.

apparently fergie thinks that fletcher is a gem.. he always tags fletcher along w/ rooney, ronaldo, brown, o'shea, pique and rossi as the future of the team :hmmmm:
--------------
md_red_uk
People of this Thread:

Michael Ballack's contact expires June 2006. Unless Man Utd buy him in January (so very unlikely you wouldn't believe it) then they shall endeavour to sign him on a free (Bosman ruling) and thus save Utd £20million.

Fletcher needs time to grow. We need someone big and strong, however; look at Arsenal, they had Vieira, Chelsea have gone and got Essien. Barcelona have Marquez (or Edmilson) in that position, Milan have Gattuso (not so big, but bloody determined.)

I'd personally like to see them bring in Gattuso and Ballack as Ballack is more of a replacement for Scholes than anything else.

Gattuso and Ballack??? dont you think thats a little too much, could cause a midfield burst just like spurs where (i think) they have 11 players for 4 places.

Besides, smith is doing rather well for his first season as keane's stand-in. give him two seasons and he could stamp authrotiy on that position.

Sad scholes too. Used to be one of the world's best players. sad how his game has deteriorated.

i dont know, somehow when you look at united's midfield now, you just dont get that fear from a few seasons ago when it was: beckham-keane-scholes-giggs, + veron, butt, p neville. when they were all in their prime. the midfield is not as it used to be and reinforcements better come in soon. right now, i feel that chelsea has the best midfield with so much talent. in order to match them, united better start buyin more players.
Veron? hahahaha excuse me! What an utter waste he was - wasn't cut out for the Premiership by all evidence...players did not fear him...he was downright useless at united! :eek:
--------------
Hmmm Gattuso - yes maybe...however disciplinary-wise, theres a problem there - its not wholeheartedly wise to have 3-4 players in a starting line up with aggressive tendancies..ok to have one or two, but theres a fine dividing line.

With players in the mould of Smith, Rooney, Gattuso...you could be in danger of self-destruction - that is 9 to 10 players on the pitch every now and again..more frequently.
--------------
sorry, make that "we could...." - im a red myself...residing in Manchester, which is a rarity.
Reply 2364
build a bonfire
build a bonfire
put the scousers on the top
put the city in the middle and burn the ****ing lot!

man u v liverpool last season
NDGAARONDI
Highbury has a smaller capacity than Stamford Bridge. :eek:

Yes....whats your point?
Reply 2366
today benfica plays in villareal's stadium for UCL...last time benfica went to play in spain for an european cup, they lost 7-0 against celta de vigo...hope benfica to win tonight so as to keep the second place in the group...if they play as well as they'v palyed against Man U, they'll surely win!!!
semper_fi, benfica, when is playing in europe is playing for portugal...why become so happy if they lose against Man U or anyother team for UCL or UC? you do things like that and then ask for support when porto or sporting are playing...
Reply 2367
Economist
Limited fans?? Im sure we have a much bigger fanbase than Chelsea particually when you exclude all the glory boys who have come to support Chelsea since their recent success and who will drop them in a flash if they stop performing so well.

I meant limited funds. Really should reread before I post things!
fernando
welcome to the kingsfield stadium in a few weeks btw - hopefully i should be going

i did, and woking won 3-2, advancing to the second round of the LDV vans Trophy
Reply 2369
We seem to be in a spot of bother and I really think we need to make some signings. Perhaps we actually need a player in every position. Whats everyones opinion on who we should go for?
Personally Id like to see bids for:

Goalkeeper - Toldo? or maybe Shay Given
Defence - Ledley King(could also play m/f) or Anton Ferdinand
Midfield - Gotta at least try for Ballack, quality player on a bosman. Maybe also give a go for Joaquin (need a right winger, keep playing Fabregas or Flamini there). Maybe even Malbranque.
Striker - Fernando Torres, signs seem to look as if he'd welcome a move here, plus has a close friendship with Reyes who keeps saying we should bid for him.

I should manage this team.......or better yet England coz, well uno..sven
where's your money coming from?
Reply 2371
oblivious
where's your money coming from?

unspent summer cash, vieira sale, earnings so far this season.
alot of those players wouldn't cost huge amounts and im just sayin any of them would be nice, im not sayin buy all of them(although thatd be pretty kool, but only chelsea can sign a whole team in one transfer window)
Reply 2372
well, benfica tied tonight in spain, however they still in second...eh eh
Reply 2373
Apparently, you lot are interested in buying Kirkland. There's much more chance of that than getting Toldo or Given. Although, Given did say something about the team improvin before he commits his future to Newcastle, they haven't exactly improved, so maybe....
Reply 2374
jamlan
Apparently, you lot are interested in buying Kirkland. There's much more chance of that than getting Toldo or Given. Although, Given did say something about the team improvin before he commits his future to Newcastle, they haven't exactly improved, so maybe....

I would actually prefer Kirkland, just never thought Arsenal would look at him (he's English!)
how about diop for midfield to try to get a vieria figure in the squad
looks like arsenal's gamble tonight paid off :confused:
Diop is a class player.
They wanted Kirkland a while ago but Liverpool got him and Dudek bastards.
Top of the league we're having a laugh. Just got back from a long long trip to Millwall and back. All worth it though....4-0 4-0 4-0.

Gem

Latest