Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Beckham come from Spurs before Man Utd? You will find clubs of lower levels are better with youth players (especially Southampton, Ipswich etc) because they can't afford to buy established players. And Man Utd hardly have a proper youth system like Ajax (e.g. Edgar Davids) where they start playing as young as five years old.

Chelsea youth players: Pidgeley, Huth, Terry, Carlton Cole, Forssell (no longer with us). Just because you're born in Manchester doesn't mean you automatically support Utd. Ever heard of Northwich Victoria, Salford and Man City huh?

ReputationRep:
    they didnt bring terry through that much he was at west ham just before his 17th birthday so he isn't technically one of the ones they brought through they just poached him from another club that was about to offer him a professional contract but chelsea saw his talent and offered more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameso88)
    they didnt bring terry through that much he was at west ham just before his 17th birthday so he isn't technically one of the ones they brought through they just poached him from another club that was about to offer him a professional contract but chelsea saw his talent and offered more.
    A bit like Spurs poaching Defoe from West Ham too. Now, what are these great youth players coming through the Man Utd academy then?

ReputationRep:
    Innocent until proven guilty. Please remember that folks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Didn't Beckham come from Spurs before Man Utd? You will find clubs of lower levels are better with youth players (especially Southampton, Ipswich etc) because they can't afford to buy established players. And Man Utd hardly have a proper youth system like Ajax (e.g. Edgar Davids) where they start playing as young as five years old.

Chelsea youth players: Pidgeley, Huth, Terry, Carlton Cole, Forssell (no longer with us). Just because you're born in Manchester doesn't mean you automatically support Utd. Ever heard of Northwich Victoria, Salford and Man City huh?
    Ndgaarondi - you're so fragile and you misinterpret everything i say. Since when did i say the equivalent of "if you're born in Manchester you're going to support Man United"? The majority of football fans in Manchester support Man City...i was raising the point "born and raised in Manchester" in case you came up with this "Ahhh i bet you don't live in Manchester though..." comment....as many do.

Dont be so stupid.
    --------------
    A bit like Spurs poaching Defoe from West Ham too. Now, what are these great youth players coming through the Man Utd academy then?
    Again, when have i said there are currently great players coming through the Man United academy? Im intrigued as to where you're getting all this ndgaarondi - thought you'd have a bit of sense and logic behind what you say...what with all those green squares... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i don't think he would do something (or someone) like that...

ReputationRep:
    Its a little unfair to call this woman a **** when we dont know the circumstances of the allegation.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but the police also have a duty to act on any allegations they receive.

Only time will tell if the allegation will be taken further or dismissed as false, until then I think its unfair to make any sort of judgement.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I put some money on for Liverpool to win last nice, the odds where 'evens'.. As you can tell i'm not really into betting much but do it once every now and then!

I put £200 on.. Does this mean i'll get £400 back? Or do I get £400 plus my £200 back because the odds were 'evens'?

I can't go out right now to actually ask em myself but i'm eager to know! Lol. I checked the 'odds business' thread but it doesn't say anything on this..

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, why would a man as handsome as Ronnie need to rape a girl. It says in the paper that he went to the police station voluntarily and gave a statement, and was released. I just can't see it.

Plus he's got some of the finest lawyers representing him, from Manchester United's legal team, so to be fair, even if (god forbid) he did rape this girl, they'll get him off.

ollie

ReputationRep:
    Just because Ronaldo is 'handsome', as you say, does not automatically mean that he is innocent of this allegation, you cant assume that just because of looks. Just because he went voluntarily does also not assume innocene- no doubt if he didnt go voluntarily they'd have issued an arrest warrant.

Nobody really knows the circumstances of this allegation. It all depends on what evidence the police have against him. If he is not guilty then no doubt this will become apparant, but if he is then he should be treated like any other person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyD)
    ......King? Would he come to such rivals?
    Campbell did. Plus apparently on the England coach he was saying he will demand a move to Arsenal unless he is played centre back again and given a big pay rise.

hmm.. if i remembered as well, i think he once said that he would never 'do a campbell' and swap for arsenal. Or maybe what he meant was that he wont left on a bosman, but rather let spurs get some money out of him.. who knows? football is unpredictable

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo is ugly fyi.

ReputationRep:
    could be hard for him to get off the charge due to the change of the Sexual Offenders’ Act last year. hopes he gets away (assuming that he's innocent) cos it would be a waste to see such talent forfeited by going to jail.. sigh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Plus he's got some of the finest lawyers representing him, from Manchester United's legal team, so to be fair, even if (god forbid) he did rape this girl, they'll get him off.
    Which is, of course, very very wrong.

For everyone putting forward the cheap ****s in it for the money argument, there are the footballers used to getting what they wanton a plate ones to counter it.

I don't know what happened. You don't know what happened. Speculation is useless here.

Oh, and he really is pig ugly. Urgh.

ReputationRep:
    You will get 400 back!

Because the odds were evens (1/1) you only neccasarily win what you placed out! But you also recieve your 200 back!

And well done!

ReputationRep:
    Probably just a publicity stunt for the girls!

ReputationRep:
    spurs poaching defoe? excuse me, not sure if i got my facts right, but didnt spurs have to pay west ham for defoe? on the other hand, terry was poached from chelsea (although i think he was actually poached when he was 14, not 17).. these are different situations, spurs bought, chelsea stole.

and as for chelsea "youth players" i dont think they're that great: Pidgeley - overshadowes, hardly used and i guess will eventually be sold, Huth - overshadowed as well, Terry - not exactly a true blue eh, Carlton Cole - overshadowed, Forssell - had one great season with brum, thats all.

So what if they are producing 'great young players'. With the galaxy of stars at chelsea and these players hardly getting any games under their belt, sadly, their talents will never be known to all. Just by buyin and buyin new players, mourinho is just killing these' young players dreams to run out at stamford bridge and just kills the game. a pity really.

however, i also dont think this can continue for long as UEFA starts to implement their 'home grown player' system where you have to have a number of home grown players - this will really boosts the young players' chances of breaking into the first team and stop ruining the game with filthy oily money.
    --------------
    (Original post by Raindance)
    The partnership just has no physical presence or direction. They are both defensively naive and inept at attacking. In short, they have neither the intelligence, vision or even initiative to succeed in the highest arena. Keane made MU, and you'll slip without him. Yous lot seeing Ballack as some sort of saviour cracks me up - he's not going to refind his form of before, he'll be the wrong side of 30 by next season, and he's not going to do the job of Keane. If he comes, excellent, but you'll need a further midfield transfer to get balance and cover.

There's precious little point in using Liverpool as a yardstick, btw.
    ballack cannot be considered as a 'total replacement' for keane as keane is definsive minded while ballack is more attacking minded - more like a replacement for scholes rather.

as for the holding midfield role, i guess united doesnt really have a choice that keane is injured, they loss essien to money bags chelsea and gerrard wont leave liverpool, not even for chelsea. Regarding simth, cut him some slack, afterall all he has like what 10 games in that position and you expect him to play like a seasoned pro? anyway, i think thats one position that united's going to find very hard to find a replacement.

ReputationRep:
    Why would it be a publicity stunt if the identity of the girl is being withheld, as in all rape cases? Surely if they wanted publicity the girl involved would kiss and tell about having a one night stand?

ReputationRep:
    I meant she probably just wants a payout!

ReputationRep:
    I think you deffinatly need a few more influential players in your 1st team. without Henry you look "ordinary"!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.