Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    ^ Aha, just like Everton did. Blackburn are a good side, a big fan of Pederson. Is Blackburn at home? I hope so. I think that would make a difference.

Oh and, not to mention Tiago against Liverpool. Just pure luck.

If anyone even thinks of telling me to stop moaning.. I'll moan all I like.

ReputationRep:
    defensive? wigan defensive? west brom sure threw it away without a wimper but sure not wigan.

blackburn are a tough team. bellamy, savage, dickov. sure to give chelsea a gd run. hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    have fun on hol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaetie)
    defensive? wigan defensive? west brom sure threw it away without a wimper but sure not wigan.

blackburn are a tough team. bellamy, savage, dickov. sure to give chelsea a gd run. hopefully.
    hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Nothing arrogant about it.
    :ditto: man city were just sour about losing. i think more teams should try it and fail miserably, that way if united lose/draw i wont be as depressed as i should be

which arsenal player missed the penalty against birmingham

ReputationRep:
    Aha Jaetie and darth_vader05, I hope the devil is not with Chelsea in that match :rolleyes:

I swear they've got some evil sh*t goin out. Voodoo perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    No Chelsea are at home.... and i doubt there will be many away fans there either.... 200 miles at least from Blackburn and the cheapest adult ticket is £45.... absolutely ridiculous.... I am going to be there but not sure how many others! I am row 3 on the top tier, some people who brought there tickets on staurday were row 6 which is a tad worrying!!

I think if we play 442 and start with Bellamy, Kuqi, Neill, Savage... then we have a chance... I would like to see Emerton come in for Bentley as Emerton has been impressive the last 3 games when he started on the bench. However our captain Nelsen is out for the Chelsea game which is a massive blow - but at least it is this game he misses as we would probably still lose if he was playing! So Andy Todd (another hardman) will come in to partner Neill (Hooligan ) etc at the back...

It will be a very physical game i think!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe 2, 3 or 11 of the chelsea players will get injured... we can only hope lol...

seriously though, well done everton.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone hates Chelsea.

And the most arrogant manager i've ever seen in this whole world says 'respect us'. I could NOT stop laughing when I heard that! :toofunny::rofl:

Think here, here and here.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody Hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaetie)
    beckham hang on? or do you mean TRY to hang on? regarding the holdgin midfield role, they are lots of options - carrick, parker, king - and theres where the 3-5-2 will allow england to play their best midfielders.
    If you would kindly refeer back to the original post I quoted, you will see that the original poster has selected 5 attackingly minded midfielders which would never work. To even consider 3-5-2, goes without saying really but I will say for your benefit, a mix of defensively, attackingly minded and holding midfielders must be used. For the holding man role I think parker should be used and although 3-5-2 sounds like a good idea, if Sven were to use it old-king-of-tactic would probably use it with 5 attackingly minded midfielders (as on paper they are our best midfielders) and have no regard for well they would play together and leave a big gapping hole in midfield!

clicky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    1. By the time we get to the WC, Campbell will most probably be over the hill - the wrong side of 30 at least.
    Players do not expire the minute they turn 30 my dear! The WC is now less than a year away, I don't think in that short a space of time Campbell will lose all the skill and technical ability he posesses currently. If we were to bin all players of 30 and over England would be Beckham-less, and despite what some say he does make a difference.

(Original post by Kuz)
    Players do not expire the minute they turn 30 my dear! The WC is now less than a year away, I don't think in that short a space of time Campbell will lose all the skill and technical ability he posesses currently. If we were to bin all players of 30 and over England would be Beckham-less, and despite what some say he does make a difference.
    Essentially I agree, but

1. It's all well and good having these world class defenders at the back - but by the time the team are used to playing the formation, players like Campbell will be over the hill. He's just had a prolonged injury; do you really think he can hold up a whole season and play a WC at his age and state? On a given day he's fantastic, but we're talking about a whole campaign here.

ReputationRep:
    Think here, here and here.
    :rofl: at drogba's face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrispyJ)
    Erm... I read it in the Sunday Mirror. So there.
    Lol, that fountain of all knowledge... It is possible - he's certainly on thin ice it's just then we'd have to think of paying him off, finding a replacement, rebuilding the team AGAIN...

ReputationRep:
    Fir 2 yellow cards. The second was for applauding in front of the ref's face after receiving a yellow card or something...2 minutes from the end of the game. Seems like Becks is learning bad habits off his england teammate-Rooney which is not good at all.

Becks is an idiot!

ReputationRep:
    ep

ReputationRep:
    how bout cassillas!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.