Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Sunday certainly. Sell Smith and Fletcher to Rotherham or someone and we should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea Rocks

ReputationRep:
    You do get some irrational people on there. But then again, first place is up for grabs and Fulham can get second place too you know whether it's likely or not is a different matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieholmear)
    terry was released by west ham because at the time he was a midfielder, and was thought to be too gangly and tall. chelsea signed him when he was clubless, not poached
    my apologies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lenneh)
    Kirkland is more likely, but he has already said he could see himself signing for West Brom at the end of the season!
    Apparently Arsenal would be interested in signing him for around four million. We've got Reina, Dudek, Carson and Kirkland, we can't keep all of them happy forever. I think Dudek and Kirkland are the most likely to leave, so Arsenal have a chance. He'd be the replacement for the almost 36 year old Lehmann, guaranteeing first team football (barring any other gk signings by Wenger). First team football for a team like Arsenal would be very tempting.

ReputationRep:
    well personally i used to despise the autrian football teams but well after i've seen rapid vs. england i totally admire them.....who else thinks that the Austrians are getting ever so much better? On top, match wednesday : rapid (austria) vs. club brugge (belgium)!......so tell us which other countries you think are on the rise to getting better?

ReputationRep:
    probably di matteo scoring in the 46th (i think) second at wembley in the fa cup final against m'boro and being picked up by some random man and thrown about 3 rows forward!

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool winning the champions league 04/05 season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    I think the " :eek: " is self-explanatory
    lol- just checking!:p:

ReputationRep:
    Goal of the season surely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Goal of the season surely.
    Goal of the month definitely

ReputationRep:
    It will take some beating that's for sure. Unless that fat deliquent scores a decent goal people will start shouting for the award to go to him. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    middlesborough 1 chelsea 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim Kabel)
    Should be a gudden tonight. No one post any scores I want it to be a surprise! All I know is middlesborough beat Chelsea and Fulham are 2nd lol
    England failed to qualify for the World Cup. The Fareo Islands won the World Cup and Andorra won the European Championship. Didier Drogba scored 35 goals last season, outscoring Thierry Henry. :rolleyes:

Spoke to Frank yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    England failed to qualify for the World Cup. The Fareo Islands won the World Cup and Andorra won the European Championship. Didier Drogba scored 35 goals last season, outscoring Thierry Henry. :rolleyes:

Spoke to Frank yet?
    Actually, i think you'll find that England have already qualified for the quarter finals, unfortunately it was the day after it the WC was already won by Newell's Old Boys. Andorra failed to turn up for the final of the European Championship, thus forfeiting the trophy to Michael Schumacher (as if he hasn't already won enough), and Drogba has turned his hand to building an exact replica of the Statue of Liberty, across the water, on the west coast of Ireland. He is being helped by Susan Sarandon (big hands, you see)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaetie)
    well, actually you got it wrong. this shd be the correct order:

beckham corner. giggs scoffs the shot. sheringham hit. 1-1
    beckham corner. sheringham flicks... solskajaer hits the roof of the net. 2-1
    champions league glory!
    --------------

well, to be fair. liverpool had an enitre first team to choose from for the finals. united lacked their first choice midfielders - keane and scholes.

milan also dominated their fair share of the game and had dudek not been so lucky to fluke his double save, i tell you it would have been over for liverpool.

and dudek's penalty save was illegal man. he was off his line. the referee shd have issued a re-take. see, luck again! nuff said abut liverpool.
    i smell a manc, dont hate just because your win was nothing as spectacular as Liverpool's, you can call it luck.....but i prefer the term destined

ReputationRep:
    you bet £200 yet didn't understand this:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigglybum)
    well personally i used to despise the autrian football teams but well after i've seen rapid vs. england i totally admire them.....who else thinks that the Austrians are getting ever so much better? On top, match wednesday : rapid (austria) vs. club brugge (belgium)!......so tell us which other countries you think are on the rise to getting better?
    Turkey and Greece, the greeks are an obvious one but their top division is starting to look good and in the champions league Fenerbache look like a very good squad and have some good players.

And then of course there is Russia fueled by oil money, and France who finally got their act together.

Leagues on the decline:

Sconnie Botland
    Germany (obvious exception of Bayern Munich)
    Swiss
    Portugese

ReputationRep:
    Boca Juniors won the Champions league and bishops auckland destroyed ronaldinho lead Wigan in the UEFA cup final on the Mir space station under the watchful eye of Screaming lord such, and the linesmen Shergar and mother theresa. And england won the world cup again and greenland were the shock team of the competition, and frank lampard scored a scoring freekick with no delfections or keeper idiocy.

ReputationRep:
    And William Gladstone presented the Champions League trophy.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.