Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Join Now:

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=170476

All the latest live streams and audio links, and game by game analysis. Plus all your usual banter. Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Any football fans...any team...at any level. Join us!!!

It's great...love discussing footy and other teams not just my own and even other leagues.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    isnt really a surprise bolton are trying to sign keane as well as celtic, pompey and wigan

whoever gets him though has got a good value signing

ReputationRep:
    This season i think Sunderland, Birmingham and west brom will get relagated

ReputationRep:
    Here is a better place for the soc. I read your post library about not being able to make head or tail of what was being posted. Not too long ago we didnt have our own sub forum for Footy.This has only come about due to the hug increase in added threads on the topic and my having to delete or merge them with the UFT. You will find in here folks can drift between topics and more issues can be discussed without overtaking the main sports forum.

Welcome and enjoy.

PS I am a Chelsea fan so be good or you will be deleted!!! LOL (that was a joke by the way)

Edit: Would you like the Soc thread moved into here??

ReputationRep:
    So any speculation on who will be captain now, my money is on Scholes, well it would be if I had a vBookie running on it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe Keans has gone...I loved him! lol

Hmm captain- Giggs or Scholes...poss Nistelrooy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    I can't believe Keans has gone...I loved him! lol

Hmm captain- Giggs or Scholes...poss Nistelrooy?
    TBH I don't think Fergie would even consider RVD.

ReputationRep:
    Theres no point in signing Ballack.

Hes 29 going on 30. You'll have about 2 seasons of him then be stuck trying to find a replacement again.

I think the whole Man Utd team needs a re-think. Your youth system is turning up sweet FA, Darren Fletcher currently being the main breakthrough of that and hes not Premiership material. Man Utd are in dire need of fresh blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranKtheTanK)
    Theres no point in signing Ballack.

Hes 29 going on 30. You'll have about 2 seasons of him then be stuck trying to find a replacement again.

I think the whole Man Utd team needs a re-think. Your youth system is turning up sweet FA, Darren Fletcher currently being the main breakthrough of that and hes not Premiership material. Man Utd are in dire need of fresh blood.
    Great logic, but we haven't got time to blood a young holding midfielder through the youth team - we need a world-class one right now. Ballack is 29 and we only want to sign him on a 3-year contract, which would be until he is 32, thats fine. Keane's hardly young himself, and he's been playing fine until his departure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Great logic, but we haven't got time to blood a young holding midfielder through the youth team - we need a world-class one right now. Ballack is 29 and we only want to sign him on a 3-year contract, which would be until he is 32, thats fine. Keane's hardly young himself, and he's been playing fine until his departure.
    Ballack wont join Man Utd anyway. Hes gonna be made one of the highest paid earners in the world by either Bayern or Real Madrid. I dont think Glazer will cough up for him, not with the debts hes already incurred.

ReputationRep:
    Ballack wont join Man Utd anyway. Hes gonna be made one of the highest paid earners in the world by either Bayern or Real Madrid. I dont think Glazer will cough up for him, not with the debts hes already incurred.
    I totally agree. Although I disagreed with the feasibility of your youth-team idea, I don't believe Ballack is the way forward (although technically he could be). He isn't worth paying £100,000+ a week.

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree. Although I disagreed with the feasibility of your youth-team idea, I don't believe Ballack is the way forward (although technically he could be). He isn't worth paying £100,000+ a week.
    I dont see many alternatives for the holding role. Not many of them players coming through at young ages it seems.

Carrick is the only semi young player I can think of in that sort of mould.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see many alternatives for the holding role. Not many of them players coming through at young ages it seems.

Carrick is the only semi young player I can think of in that sort of mould.
    Didier Zokora from St. Etienne is my top choice, Ferguson has lined him up as a good possibility. He's only 25 and supposed to be one of the best players in France at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Didier Zokora from St. Etienne is my top choice, Ferguson has lined him up as a good possibility. He's only 25 and supposed to be one of the best players in France at the moment.
    France has slipped down the pan as a good footballing nation if you ask me. The French league is quite abysmal.

I heard Man Utd were after Jean Carlos Chera - the 10 year old Brazillian wonder boy :eek:

ReputationRep:
    France has slipped down the pan as a good footballing nation if you ask me. The French league is quite abysmal.

I heard Man Utd were after Jean Carlos Chera - the 10 year old Brazillian wonder boy :eek:
    http://www.jean-carlos-chera.com/

hahahahahahahaha! the music is the best part.

ReputationRep:
    ferdinand for captain!!!!!!
    and who says alan can't be the next roy keane?!?!? he was one of the best players 2day apparently n it was a keane-style goal!
    doesnt stop my mum from crying tho

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watch the Real/Barca game last night? It was a great match, I'm glad Barca won. I felt sorry for Casillas - he was the only Real player that was trying and he still let in three goals...Roberto Carlos, Raul, Beckham and co. all need to get their fingers out.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Scholes would be the best replacement captain. Midfielders or defenders make the best captains in my opinion - forwards like van Nistelrooy shouldn't be captain...I just don't think they make the best leaders. Who do you think should be captain?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch it but my girlfriend is a Barca fan so I'm glad they won

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.