Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?h...=football_home

imagine trying to play in that!

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised Juve want him.

I thought Roy and Pat hated each other anyhow! Didn't their team mates have to break them up in the tunnel when Arsenal and Man U played at Highbury last season? :cool:

(Original post by pEzKiNg)
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?h...=football_home

imagine trying to play in that!
    Would be fun.... as a kickabout... but not a serious match.

ReputationRep:
    Harsh on the fans travelling but can't do anything about it. I've just heard snow is predicted for the weekend. Just be my luck to get to Leicester (ground I haven't done before) and it to be called off and re-arranged for a night match on a day I can't make!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    well celtic said they arn't willing to change their wage structure to accomodate the demands of keane and juventus said that their squad is already strong enough... so where will he end up????

Manchester City?? That would be a classic!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    My moneys on Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs
    so very so, if you right, you'll become an instant billionaire!

and you're jsut sour cos you kn ow theres no way ARSEnal can win the league w/ those three clubs in front of them.

come to think of it, which club would call themselves ARSEnal and have a manager like ARSEne :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My brother and dad went to the Bath city match on saturday, that was called off after 80 minutes due to fog!

Idont think we really have to worry about snow - at least not in the Premiership, and the modern lower league grounds, i am pretty sure they mostly have undersoil heating to cope with that?

Fog is the biggest problem...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaetie)
    so very so, if you right, you'll become an instant billionaire!

and you're jsut sour cos you kn ow theres no way ARSEnal can win the league w/ those three clubs in front of them.

come to think of it, which club would call themselves ARSEnal and have a manager like ARSEne :eek:
    Playground inspired banter...Luv it!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in the Birmingham area and would like to tell me how the weather is?
    We play Wolves tonight, coaches leave here at 4pm...don't know whether it could be in doubt.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Who do you reckon should/will be next England manager after Sven?
    Steve McClaren was favourite but he's signed a new Middlesbrough contract til 2009 (although he could get out of that)....
    There have been calls for Stuart Pearce to be the next one but I think he needs to get more experience before he even considers it.
    Do you think England manager should be English? I think there would probably be a lot more pressure on an England manager that was English.

ReputationRep:
    kevin kilbane

ReputationRep:
    Big Sam!!!!

Nobody will dare put in a bad performance with Big Sam at the helm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bottekrank)
    Who do you reckon should/will be next England manager after Sven?
    Steve McClaren was favourite but he's signed a new Middlesbrough contract til 2009 (although he could get out of that)....
    There have been calls for Stuart Pearce to be the next one but I think he needs to get more experience before he even considers it.
    Do you think England manager should be English? I think there would probably be a lot more pressure on an England manager that was English.
    Well there arnt too many managers who I would want to takeover the England job after Sven departs but I do think Pierce would be a great choice. He is doing a fine job for Man City and managing just seems to be natural to him. Obviously he lacks experience at the moment but I dont think Sven will be leaving too soon and Pierce would be a top replacement. Im not too bothered about having an English manager but obviously its preferable.

ReputationRep:
    Aidy boothrooyd

Defo Pearco out of all linked to the job.

ReputationRep:
    if they were all interested - Pearce would get my vote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    My brother and dad went to the Bath city match on saturday, that was called off after 80 minutes due to fog!

Idont think we really have to worry about snow - at least not in the Premiership, and the modern lower league grounds, i am pretty sure they mostly have undersoil heating to cope with that?

Fog is the biggest problem...
    Do you not remeber last year?? Chelsea were playing Newcastle at St James Park (think it was Newcastle)and it had snowed over night and right up until half an hour before kick off there were doubts the match would go ahead due to the amount of snow they had to clear and the state of the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    Big Sam for me.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i remember that, i seem to remember finding it quite amusing.

i mean generally with typical British snow, unless it is an absolute blizzard, there is no reason why the under soil heating shouldnt cope with it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Apparently Ronaldinho was brilliant again. Wouldnt mind seeing the goals if anyone can find a link.
    eto goal doesnt work for me but Ronnies do
    http://www.soccerclips.net/uploadhttp.php

He is special! how good will he be in 2 or 3 years. ts scary to think how good he is now. its incredible the things he can do. + here he makes it look easy. a sign of someone special i think. i love the reaction from the madrid players. quality

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.