Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Mourning the death of a one potential great footballer that could of played for a lot longer!

Obviously don't want to sound rude, but this George Best thing is getting on my tits. He's an alcoholic who has disrespected many people by doing what he has done. Respect has to be earned, he doesn't deserve any. He may have been a great footballer, but you get given that talent, its not something you have to continually work hard at to then be best in the world, becauise if that was the case I would have surpassed Pele by now!
    Agreed, this is so boring now. Its like when we were waiting for the Pope to die.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I was on holiday when that happened and we had cable with lots of channels from all over the place (Germany, Italy etc). Guess what was on most of the channels after he died?

ReputationRep:
    It's hardly his fault he's an alcoholic.

This is hyped up because he was a great footballer, albeit before my time.

ReputationRep:
    How is it not his fault for being an alcoholic? Admittedly it is a disease, but asking for help which he done, and then got given new body parts which could have gone to somebody deserving, is an absolute disgrace especially when the man takes up alcohol again!

And anyway, why am I replying to someone who clearly has no morals judging by the formula 1 traffic lights above your warnings?

(Original post by zooropa)
    It's hardly his fault he's an alcoholic.

This is hyped up because he was a great footballer, albeit before my time.
    Its hyped up because he was given a second chance at life, and decided to piss it down the drain (literally).

ReputationRep:
    Let the Warnock to Pompey rumours begin!

Warnock would be an idiot to leave a club going up for one that is struggling in the premiership. If he goes for the extra money then I will be shocked.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    We're only struggling in the Premiership because of the array of yo-yo managers and players, if we'd kept Redknapp we wouldn't be struggling like we are now :p:

Also, just because a club goes up doesn't mean it can actually hack in the Premiership, being there and staying there are two different things....just think Wolves, Crystal Palace, Soton (Soton were there for 20-odd years and still went down :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    How is it not his fault for being an alcoholic?
    Addiction can't be helped in most cases.

And anyway, why am I replying to someone who clearly has no morals judging by the formula 1 traffic lights above your warnings?
    I dunno. You're in control of your own actions.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's very sad that he's dying, especially considering he's still got a lot of life still ahead of him.

Yep, he's an addict but some of the people calling him that are probably sitting there with a fag in one hand and a beer in the other :rolleyes: Plus he was given a new liver but he was given it when he was still addicted, hardly the right way to go about things....surely he should have been given addiction treatment before the liver transplant? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    so the first manager of a prem team has been sacked. thus ends the bookies making their bets.

who do you think will be next? McCarthy? Bruce? Moyes? SAF :eek: ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Bumma, loads more income through shirt sales at the start of the new season!
    yep - can see a few good financial benefits for United next season.

1) new shirts - fans will want newest shirt and definitely an increase of shirt sales at the start of next season
    2) sponsor - if they can get more than £9m a year, it will be worth it. if they can focus on the bit in the stand where they paint the logo of the company in the seats and some billboards then i reckon Man U can get £10+ a year
    3) increased capacity of Old Trafford - can fit more fans in after corners are completed. even if Man U drop ticket prices by £1-2 to fill seats, should make more gate reciepts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Sunderland, Portsmouth and West Brom are my picks for the drop.

Portsmouth - serves you right.
    Sunderland - great fans and I do hope they can get out of it, but with the money situation there, things are hardly going to improve. McCarthy would have to work miracles.
    West Brom - 2 seasons in a row? There just kidding themselves now!
    Serves us right? Serves who right exactly? None of us wanted Harry to go at the time, except the chairman. It was just unfortunate that he was the only one who mattered.

Anyway we may not go down depending on who we bring in to replace Reggie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Let the Warnock to Pompey rumours begin!

Warnock would be an idiot to leave a club going up for one that is struggling in the premiership. If he goes for the extra money then I will be shocked.

Gem
    Yeah, you're right. He won't come, but Burley is my first choice anyway.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Good!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Yeah, you're right. He won't come, but Burley is my first choice anyway.
    Yup, I'd love it if we got Burley!

ReputationRep:
    plus money awarded depends on positions doesnt it, so teams theoretically still have a little to play for even if they are lying in mid table.

Are you a united fan? did it appeal to you when you won it every year

ReputationRep:
    commit the crime then do the time!

yeh hes 33.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Yes...you'd be better off with Burley than Sir Neil.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Warnock will be the new manager of Portsmouth - you wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Got inside information?

Gem

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.