The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

haahah that second one is funny
Reply 3381
jaydoh
He is. It's called humour mate. I love the guy.

Then you'll be happy about this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4468628.stm
Reply 3382
haha this is the guy who still holds his mums hand while crossing the street. The women should've atleast accused someone believable to do such a thing.

And yes, the women is a slag, because of what she's done, real rape victims will not be taken so seriously now. slag! slag! slag!
Reply 3383
i mean ronaldo is the coolest guy on the pitch.. so ulikely of him to even rape someone..
Reply 3384
nasht
i mean ronaldo is the coolest guy on the pitch.. so ulikely of him to even rape someone..

Don't people see him as the hottest guy on the pitch...?

:rolleyes:
I agree that alcohoism is an ilness but it is brought on by the suffer. George has had all the help possible and just abused it. Yea I do feel sorry for his family but he should have had more respect for the family who suffered and gave him the liver and actually used it how it was meant to be used not just killed it off. I again have no sympathy for him.
networkingNut
I agree that alcohoism is an ilness but it is brought on by the suffer. George has had all the help possible and just abused it. Yea I do feel sorry for his family but he should have had more respect for the family who suffered and gave him the liver and actually used it how it was meant to be used not just killed it off. I again have no sympathy for him.

my thoughts exactly, it's impossible to think how people must feel if they know it might be their son or daughters liver that he has :frown:
Just been released that he's died
So will a minutes silence be held before matches tomorrow? I would presume not, as there seems to be a lot of different opinions on him and i cant imagine everyone would want to respect that silence...
Reply 3389
RIP George, one of the best of all time. Hope you're remembered for your football and not your lifestyle.

YNWA
one of the best footballers the world has ever seen is no more, he will be missed by many of his great fans, and supporters all over the world. he will be missed. i am jsut glad he hasn't got to suffer any longer.

RIP George Best, you will be rememberd as a legend of football
Raindance
RIP George, one of the best of all time. Hope you're remembered for your football and not your lifestyle.

YNWA

I'll second that.

Very much doubt it though.
A great loss for the world of football... whether or not you agreed with is lifestyle, his football ability has made him a legend...

RIP George Best...
Reply 3393
ancientone
He was, quite simply, the best footballer I have ever seen.

I am quite frankly saddened and ashamed to read some of the comments on this message board. I'm not perfect enough to condemn the lifestyle choices anyone else makes, but obviously there are people on here who are so perfect they never make a mistake or wrong choice.

Put simply - we are losing someone who was a genius -a flawed genius yes. But a genius none the less.

I for one will miss the passing of someone who Pele called 'the greatest footballer in history'. And that praise is worth ten times more than any of the sanctimonious comments I've read from some on here.

I'm going offline now. Some of the comments on here have quite simply sickened me.

Thank you George. I will never, ever, forget you.

:ditto:
Has anyone on this forum criticising George Best actually been through alcoholism? I don't think it's as easy as 'just quitting drinking'.
Yes, he messed up. But he was a good man, and a great player. A bit of respect for him?

RIP.
Reply 3395
Magician
well...ALOT of more imporant people are dying.

So you're judging who the important people in the world are - I thought everyone was equal, and every death should be saddening

networkingNut
I agree that alcohoism is an ilness but it is brought on by the suffer. George has had all the help possible and just abused it.

If alcoholism is brought on by the user, that presumably means by drinking - which, by your reckoning, would mean there are a hell of a lot of potential-aloholics out there, and everyone who drinks should be condemned. I think you have to recognise that this was George's weakness, and couldn't be overcome, just as each of us has an unsurmountable weakness.
Spud
So you're judging who the important people in the world are - I thought everyone was equal, and every death should be saddening

If alcoholism is brought on by the user, that presumably means by drinking - which, by your reckoning, would mean there are a hell of a lot of potential-aloholics out there, and everyone who drinks should be condemned. I think you have to recognise that this was George's weakness, and couldn't be overcome, just as each of us has an unsurmountable weakness.

Spot on.
George Best - R.I.P.
opiache
Has anyone on this forum criticising George Best actually been through alcoholism? I don't think it's as easy as 'just quitting drinking'.
Yes, he messed up. But he was a good man, and a great player. A bit of respect for him?

RIP.

best player in the world, but as parkinson said "he will never know how good he could have been."
gordih6
plus money awarded depends on positions doesnt it, so teams theoretically still have a little to play for even if they are lying in mid table.

Are you a united fan? did it appeal to you when you won it every year :biggrin:

We did'nt win it "every year" though. That's the way Chelsea are going.
ronaldo sporting a very powerful sponsorship :biggrin:

Latest