The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who's the football player in the attached picture? I can inform you he has played for Jamaica, not sure if he still does etc.
Jimmocrates
Considering we were playing against the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Ljungberg, Van persie, we didn't exactly put in a bad showing. All the comentators seem to be amazed by how well we've been playing this year.

The tough tactics last year were extreme measures to counter the mess souness left us with. Hughes probably only did what he did cos he knew we'd put in a brilliant performance and played our socks off and were coming away with nothing due to 3 brilliant goals by le arse.

Agree totally with you! We have been excellent away from home against the big clubs this season....

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, we have put in excellent performances every game. I can see some of the results at Ewood Park been reversed this year as i think we will be very hard to beat at home.

I think Hughes was just annoyed and fed up, like anyone to do with Blackburn who was at the game... Anyone who was there could clearly see that Blackburn had more shots on goal and about 50:50 posession, but 3 awesome finishes from Arsenal were the difference.... you cant allow Arsenal a yard of space, or time to turn, and we did - we paid the price...

I do however find it quite hypocritical and laughable that Arsenal have the audacity to come out and call Savage a cheat...

I also laughed pretty hard when Robert Pires tried to get Pedersen done for diving. :biggrin:
My comment on the train after the Blackburn match - to an Arsenal fan of "He hasnt scored that well since the 16 year old Dutch girl" and later on to another "Last time he scored like that, he was arrested for rape"... didnt go down well... :redface:

Was an awesome finish though on Saturday, i just wish he would stop scoring against us!! :frown:
bring back steve bould
The new Bergkamp.
he looks like birmingham GRAY
It was city fans, NOT liverpool.

If people don't want to show there respect they shouldn't have to....which is why having a mins applause like in the united game is a better idea!
How about this?
Reply 3488
nike_inc
How about this?

go get a freaking life..

anyway we all know roman wanted to buy the best club in the world, but he couldnt afford to buy us.. we're too gd for him..
so i guess he settled for the next best thing, sponsoring united
Reply 3489
hmmm.. industry wars..

electronics - sharp (united) vs jvc (arsenal)
telecommunications - vodafone (united) vs O2 (arsenal)
I don't think anyone has to applaud if they don't want to, however booing is not on. They could easily have just sat there quietly and not said anything, so that others who actually cared could show their repesct.
Jaetie
go get a freaking life..

anyway we all know roman wanted to buy the best club in the world, but he couldnt afford to buy us.. we're too gd for him..
so i guess he settled for the next best thing, sponsoring united

No sponsors hahahahahah i think roman will buy that crap club so he can do so morning walk
sexysax
I don't think anyone has to applaud if they don't want to, however booing is not on. They could easily have just sat there quietly and not said anything, so that others who actually cared could show their repesct.

But if they sat there quietly surely that means they are paying respect anyway, when some people feel he doesn't deserve it.

Without wanting to sound biased due to me being a liverpool fan, i would like to bring up a point of mine.

This weekend the whole of england paid tribute to the irshman legend that was george best, who retired at the age of 27 (i wouldn't class that age as giving all he can to football), he won a few honours including manchester uniteds first ever european cup, and fa cup and a few others, he was also capped by northern ireland.

When our very own smiling english man Emlyn Hughes died from cancer (which he never had much choice in), the only ground to pay tribute was anfield. He captained england, lifted the european cup twice in succession, won an honour from the queen, was a succesfull tv presenter and seemed a genuine lovely man.

So why was Best glorified so much?
Reply 3493
He was a genius
Reply 3494
nike_inc
No sponsors hahahahahah i think roman will buy that crap club so he can do so morning walk

Nah.. Roman just came in too late..

I mean after becoming Chelsea Boss, you can no longer just go in and buy United as like a neutral party (like the glazers).. plus there would be questions of match fixing.. blah blah

I say if Roman had the chance to choose all over again between Chelsea and United (assuming both were available), he'll definitely choose United over the crappy blues..

Yet, he'll never admit this to his death unless he sells chelsea..
Reply 3495
Spud
He was a genius

Correction: He was a genius on the pitch, a fool off the pitch..

sad.
You forgot Samsung. :rolleyes:
Reply 3497
NDGAARONDI
You forgot Samsung. :rolleyes:

If they sponsored you years back, then yes. O2 and Vodafone are networks, Samsung is an electronics company.
Ah but O2 make phones as well as Samsung.
Reply 3499
NDGAARONDI
Ah but O2 make phones as well as Samsung.

The point is that 02 and Vodafone are more alike than Samsung is, 02 being predominantly a mobile network provider. A better comparison could be drawn between Chelsea and Real Madrid (Samsung vs. Siemens).

Latest