Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    At that stage wasn't it 2-0 and Arsenal were trying every trick in the book to waste a little bit of time?

Ie holding the ball up at throw ins, walking off when making a substitute, staying down too long when tackled.... not the tactics of a confident team IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger would complain if Mourinho did what he and Arsenal did against Hughes no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Wenger would complain if Mourinho did what he and Arsenal did against Hughes no doubt.
    Did what? Hold the ball and wait for someone to signal they want it rather than just throwing it randomly onto the pitch which would inevitably take longer?

ReputationRep:
    if he played in the premiership, he would compeltely overshadow even the likes of rooney.

apparently when he was subbed at the barca - real madrid game (at the bernabeu), he received a standing ovation from the fans, despite the home fans' team losing, and the last time anything like that ever happened was with maradona.

(Original post by Book-worm)
    I think if the tables were turned and it was a liverpoool legend that died i don't think the whole of man u would pay it's respects.
    The fact remains that there were tools objecting vocally and you cannot claim that there were no Liverpool fans involved. I know there was not mass celebration when Crazy Horse died - or will there be for (m)any of our legends - accept it and move on. Best, in reality, no longer represented Manchester United by the time of his death... not like Sir Matt did for example. Bestie represented football, and he will be remembered by fans of football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Best, in reality, no longer represented Manchester United by the time of his death... not like Sir Matt did for example. Bestie represented football, and he will be remembered by fans of football.
    good one.. for football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottweiland)
    serves scum united right!
    whoah.. hold it..

thats bcos united's gonna get a better sponsorship..
    vodafone's been useless
    good riddance

ReputationRep:
    haha, cant see man u gettin a better sponsor than vodafone! i mean a company needs sumwhere that gets them sales, i certainly wouldnt buy a product thats on the shirt of man u!! oh wait im on vodafone lol

ReputationRep:
    Can ya kill a can of Stella Geogie Best
    Can ya kill a can of Stella Geogie Best
    Can ya kill a can of Stella cos your looking kinda yella (yellow)
    Can ya kill a can of Stella Geogie Best!

ReputationRep:
    He won the european football of the year

ReputationRep:
    Vodafone are still, probably, going to be sponsoring United, just not as shirt sponsors;
    "Both Vodafone and Manchester United are keen to continue their successful relationship and the parties are exploring an ongoing sponsorship deal."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottweiland)
    serves scum united right!
    :rolleyes:
    Seriously, don't you have anything better to do with your life than gloat over someone losing sponsorship?

(Original post by BexTait)
    Vodafone are still, probably, going to be sponsoring United, just not as shirt sponsors;
    "Both Vodafone and Manchester United are keen to continue their successful relationship and the parties are exploring an ongoing sponsorship deal."
    Still, doesn't exactly inspire positivity does it? Pulling out of an agreement years prematurely and murmuring something about "tainted brand" and "exploring" further possibilities. Drop in the pan really, but you could be doing with the tied up sponsorship cash, now you have to sweat to find a suitable other.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Well I take an interest in Nottingham Forest and they have recently played Weymouth in th fa cup. But yeah, I know my stuff.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    i think hughes has been taking lessons from stuart pearce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Book-worm)
    I think if the tables were turned and it was a liverpoool legend that died i don't think the whole of man u would pay it's respects.
    I couldn't care less. If someone sang a song about Hillsborough you'd hapilly sing about Munich would you? Doesn't make you any more right, just both tools. If there's a minute's silence for a passing (particularly someone like Best) i'd expect most supporters to keep quiet for a minute, it's not particularly hard. Keep yer opinions to the pub afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    At last...something for the Blues to shout about...they are better than Liverpool at something!!!

Everton: Scored 4 league goals

I've looked for a team that has scored less. All 91 other English league teams have scored more but I haven't stopped there, I've tried the conference teams, the Welsh leagues, the Scottish leagues and even the Highland league but the nearest I could find in these is Connah's Quay and Fort William who have scored 6 a piece.

Across the sea to Ireland, Ards have only scored 5 in the Irish league, that's the nearest so far!

So off to Europe....

Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switz, Turkey - alas, none can match Everton's feat

Okay so that's over 1000 professional clubs around Europe and all have scored 5 or more - except Everton of course ;D

ReputationRep:
    How bad does that make sunderland look then :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmocrates)
    How bad does that make sunderland look then :-D
    Why?
    Sunderland have 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    I couldn't care less. If someone sang a song about Hillsborough you'd hapilly sing about Munich would you? Doesn't make you any more right, just both tools. If there's a minute's silence for a passing (particularly someone like Best) i'd expect most supporters to keep quiet for a minute, it's not particularly hard. Keep yer opinions to the pub afterwards.
    We hear shouts from Man ure fans like..

96 WASNT ENOUGH
    or
    are you watching micheal shields

Which go un-noticed, yet when the tables are turned and someone dis-respects Man united it's the worst thing in the world!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.