Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Luton Vs Liverpool well it could be better or it could be worse, i'll settle for it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    I agree, proper scum. I still can't forget the look on his face when he was pulled away from Dyer. He looked mental.

Why'd you change your sig?
    no one actually believes that im darth vader thats why :bawling: :p:

i got bored with the other one and the red part is a point im trying to make to someone

hey sideview- long time no see :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Millwall vs Everton

Don't know if I should go, Millwall are hardly the most friendly supporters especially as I hear they have "if there's a god...everton in the cup" scrawled on a wall somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)

hey sideview- long time no see :wavey:

'sup your lordship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideView)
    'sup your lordship

hehe- your lordship is just fine

what have you been upto nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    hehe- your lordship is just fine

what have you been upto nowadays?

doin my graphics degree....actually im off to pick up my mate for a five-side tournment in 10mins... hope your still playin bit of footy not just talkin bout it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideView)
    doin my graphics degree....actually im off to pick up my mate for a five-side tournment in 10mins... hope your still playin bit of footy not just talkin bout it!
    goodluck with the tourney.

i try to play footy, but all the people that i played with last year have gone to uni so i think im talking more about it this year

graphics degree sounds cool, goodluck with that aswell (make your lordship proud :p: :cool:)

ReputationRep:
    wayne roonie not just as a player but generally hes not very nice xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXLil'-AnGelXx)
    wayne roonie not just as a player but generally hes not very nice xxx
    i dont hate him, he just needs to try and control his enthusiasm. he's been on fine form recently :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    So what was all that talk about Henry having 32 goals in the CL? My point remains, Henry has flopped in the big games in the CL. Scoring loads of goals in the CL does not prove he is WC - by that logic inzaghi, del piero and elber would all be WC.
    Your point doesnt remain. Your very first point was that Henry is 'nothing' outside the premiership which I have shown to be rubbish. You make the point about Henry flopping in the big games later down.

Vieri was past it in 2004, the same way Batistuta was past it in 02 and maradona in 94. Crespo hardly played in 02 or 98 due to poor management in the Argentina camp. Most of Henry's goals in the CL came in group stages so i dont see what your point is. Vieri guided italy out of the group stages in both 98 and 02, and batistuta in 94 and 98. Henry hasnt done this with France. Henry had his chance in 2002 and he blew it by getting sent off.
    Maybe the reason Crespo didnt play because he wasnt good enough not down to bad management as you put it. He came on as sub in all games anyway.

Henry is not a playmaker. He can't dictate the play and he doesn't play in midfield. Players like Zidane, Riquelme, Veron etc. are playmakers. Henry is nothing like these players. If he was a playmaker he could have inspired Francea bit more in 02 and 04.
    A play-maker is someone who makes plays, they dont have to dictate the game. So you are completely disregarding the amount of assists and goals he set up? Just because someone plays up top doesnt mean they should purely be rated on the amount of goals they score. I like to rate them on other aspects such as creating goals for others at which Henry is as good as any other forward (excluding Ronaldinho although I class him as a attacking midfielder/winger personally)

They were chucked out for being in debt, not match fixing. Equally, how many match fixing claims in italy have been proven? There is plenty of diving in the EPL - pires, ronaldo, van nistelrooy, fabregas, savage, reyes, drogba, robben, joe cole, gerrard etc. All these players dive. So why is serie A only 3rd for you, despite having the best CL record? The fact that EPL had 2 semi-finalists last year could just be a freak happening. For example, porto and monaco were finalists in 04 but did that mean the portugese and french league were the best? We'll wait and see what happens this year to the EPL teams in Europe.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4721329.stm
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...308208&cc=5739

There's your proof....

How can you explain his consistantly high ranking in European and World Footballer of the year not to mention numerous PFA Player of the year awards. Are you suggesting that journalists, fellow professionals, managers know 'nothing' about football aswell?

ReputationRep:
    i dont hate him, he just needs to try and control his enthusiasm. he's been on fine form recently :cool:
    Can you at least put the "I find your lack of faith distubing" bit back. I'll liked that

ReputationRep:
    Robin Van Persie

Brilliant touch amazing shot, possible hit of the world cup

ReputationRep:
    Player - John Terry

Reason - sheer loyalty to the club when he could have easily left for Man Utd who were then in a great position in honours including their treble winning season but stuck at it with Chelsea and he's being rewarded by his actions. A great leader too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Robin Van Persie

Brilliant touch amazing shot, possible hit of the world cup
    Hasn't he fallen out with Van Basten and Van Basten has said he wouldn't pick him? Situation might've changed now though, not sure.

Player: Paul Robinson (Wba)

Reason: No-nonsense, very good defender and often doesn't get the credit he deserves due to some poor defensive players around him. Should be close to the England squad with injuries to Cole and Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    let me first say, i am not an Arsenal fan.

but i am just blown away by Wenger and his staff's player recruitment skills?system? whatever...

any flops from wenger ? - seriously none !

any good signings ? NO They are all excellent signings - Van Persie has just started to realise his true potential. training at one of the world's leading facilities, built from selling Nicholas Anelka.

NO FLOPS, on the other hand look at Fergie....

how could this be possible only to Arsenal ?

ReputationRep:
    I love reading posts like this

Me an Arsenal fan
    Mind you, Arsenal haven't made any BIG signings they can't be that big a flop

He brought Stepanovs though?
    I think...?

ReputationRep:
    Was Reyes worth the money?

ReputationRep:
    We have Burton or Burscough so we may as well just say we're in the 4th round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dontmesswithme)
    let me first say, i am not an Arsenal fan.

but i am just blown away by Wenger and his staff's player recruitment skills?system? whatever...

any flops from wenger ? - seriously none !

any good signings ? NO They are all excellent signings - Van Persie has just started to realise his true potential. training at one of the world's leading facilities, built from selling Nicholas Anelka.

NO FLOPS, on the other hand look at Fergie....

how could this be possible only to Arsenal ?
    Firstly I am an Arsenal fan and whilst I agree with you he has had some flops. Jeffers and R.Wright for starters. He does spend very wisely and considering his expenditure over his time at the club his performance is unbelieveable.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, try luring a good young player like Van Persie to Portsmouth when he could go to Arsenal instead.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.