Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Very good post, check your user CP

Come on Benfica!

ReputationRep:
    Come on you reds!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye, now that's a point. Why wasn't Huth brought on?

ReputationRep:
    Come on United, even Mourinho will be supporting you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    Very good post, check your user CP

Come on Benfica!
    Thanks for the rep, I do it all for the love of the game.

And err, no.

ReputationRep:
    Generally he does sign class young players....the only problem is that most of them arent English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Yawn. Please do, it'd make my day.

In fact, you're right. You really have me stumped. How could Benitez have made such a poor signing? He's such a crap manager. Champions League was a fluke and this current domestic run's down to luck. Tactics my arse, even I could do that. Sack the manager! Sack the board!

:rolleyes:
    poor attempt at diversion.

try again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy)
    Generally he does sign class young players....the only problem is that most of them arent English
    Because they are overpriced and overhyped. Look at Jeffers and Wright!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greymatters)
    Pascal Cygan?
    You took the words right out of my mouth. He was pure comedy against Bolton at the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    United have been crap away from home in Europe. Tough match but they easily have the players to do it. I just hope the back line copes. I hope Ronaldo scores the winner in his home country.

ReputationRep:
    I want to seen Arsenal vs Madrid in the next round. Then Wenger can stuff them (they've been trying to sign him for a while). I really hope no English teams face one another.

ReputationRep:
    Louis Garcia.

The guy has a talent for losing the ball, and only tries to score spectaculars. One of the most inconsistent players I have seen in my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    We have Burton or Burscough so we may as well just say we're in the 4th round.
    Come On Burton!!!!! Can't stand Man Utd at all, plus I'm from a place near Burton

Derby - Burnley, could be interesting...

ReputationRep:
    How could I forget about Jeffers and Wright?!?!
    Jeffers was hardly the "fox in the box" that we needed...
    ... and I can only remember that match against Deportivo with Wright in goal

As for Reyes... Well he has his moments...
    Wish there were more of them though

ReputationRep:
    Coventry at home...I'm not optimistic, we need to concentrate on staying up.

Though if we got through and drew a premiership team away it'd help us a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I maybe a little biased being a Man-U supporter, but what the hell are the Benficans thinking?! They must have wasted at least 10 minutes of play by diving around like they'd been shot in the back and lying there wasting time, simply to make sure Man-U couldn't equalise in the last 1/4. I can't believe how much time-wasting footballers can get away with, and the game tonight just took the p*ss. We shouldn't have left it till the last game...but still... other Man-U supporters must be annoyed, but so too should any English football supporter, seeing as it's 1 less english team to represent us in the European finals... I'm so damn angry :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Mate, if united were in the same position, they would of done the same, so would any other team

Its utd fault for leaving it till the last match, Benfica didn't even have all their star players

They had giggs and neville back, but they weren't 100%, and were playing away.

Its a shame they didn't qualify for uefa, 'cause they are way better then benfica and lille

Did you see the match? i didn't, they relie too heavily on Rooney

From what i seen of Ronaldo, he hasn't been performing like he did last year

At least they are doing well in the premiership!

ReputationRep:
    That has to be one of the worse i have seem to time waste like they did was unbelieveable.

ReputationRep:
    Don't blame Benfica. Man Utd should blame themselves. Like the first replier said, any team would waste as much time as they can if they were hanging on.

If someone told me that Man Utd were to lose at Benfica 2-1 when the groups were announced, I would have been fine with it. The reason why we are knocked out is because we dropped FIVE points against Lille, and 2 of our 3 home matches were 0-0 draws!

IMO, it's time for Ferguson to go. Why does he keep playing 4-5-1 and waiting until REALLY late before making changes? Even if we did go through via 2nd place, he would have wasted the £10-15 million on another Kleberson and Miller. We need a fresh approach from someone like Hitzfield.

ReputationRep:
    it's time for Ferguson to go
    your wrong he's justgot to stop listening to his number 2, we all know what a great manager he can be and you cant just say sack him affter this.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.