Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Although Australia have some decent Premiership players (Kewell, Schwarzer, Viduka) I don't think they'll be the biggest threat from pot 2... Ivory Coast would be harder opponents in my opinion, although Australia would be up there with them. Any of the other teams would be ok for England, but preferably Togo or Ghana.Pot 3 looks tricky but I'd say England would want Croatia or Switzerland. Out of pot 4, it would be Iran or Saudi Arabia.

[QUOTE=Toonarmy]
    (Original post by Raindance)
    I was emphasising on the point I'd made, not comparing or talking about Essien's tackle. What he did, how he did it is yesterday's news. Getting what he deserves is what matters.[/QUOT

But unless he admits if it was intentional or not, the punishment will either be slack or too harsh. And thts not going to happen.
    No, the punishment will be fair. He'll get 3 games, I'm 90% sure. Appealing the outcome on Chelsea's part really would not show them in a good light.

ReputationRep:
    No, the punishment will be fair. He'll get 3 games, I'm 90% sure. Appealing the outcome on Chelsea's part really would not show them in a good light.
    If it was unintentional....how is a 3 game ban fair? :rolleyes:

--------------

if i was banned for 3 games and i didnt mean to do it id b well naffed off

(Original post by Toonarmy)
    If it was unintentional....how is a 3 game ban fair? :rolleyes:

--------------

if i was banned for 3 games and i didnt mean to do it id b well naffed off
    Christ's sake woman, read the rules!

ReputationRep:
    Christ's sake woman, read the rules!
    im not disputing the rules. Im disputing wat is fair. 3 game ban for sumthing not intentional is a bit hrash and i kno wud be peeved. and if tht is the case and i was eissien, i complain til the cows came home, and id expect my club to do the same.

im not disputing the rules. Im disputing wat is fair. 3 game ban for sumthing not intentional is a bit hrash and i kno wud be peeved. and if tht is the case and i was eissien, i complain til the cows came home, and id expect my club to do the same.
    It's nothing to do with whether it was intentional or not. It was a horrific tackle and he was never anywhere near the ball. Most referees would have sent him off, and a red card results in 3 match bans. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    It's nothing to do with whether it was intentional or not. It was a horrific tackle and he was never anywhere near the ball. Most referees would have sent him off, and a red card results in 3 match bans. Simple.
    its not the worse challenge ever tho is it? U a liverpool fan?

*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    "most" yeh....but whos to say this one wudda sent him off? if hed a seen it and booked him, end of. but cos he didnt hes guna poss get 3 games? thts a bit unfair

"most" yeh....but whos to say this one wudda sent him off? if hed a seen it and booked him, end of. but cos he didnt hes guna poss get 3 games? thts a bit unfair
    It's an issue because it wasn't resolved. Essien got away scott free, not for the first time this season, and UEFA had to step in for the interests and respectability of the game, not of Essien. Yes, it's a contact sport, but this was a leg-breaker and UEFA can't be seen to let dangerous play go unpunished. Whether Essien intended it or not is another matter, he endangered another player's career and has to be brought to accountability. End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterunitt)
    Ukraine are class, or shud i say Shevchenko
    Ukraine are like greece in euro 04 - they are very organised and defend well. Added to that, they have shevchenko, while greece never had anyone like him.

--------------

(Original post by Bottekrank)
    Although Australia have some decent Premiership players (Kewell, Schwarzer, Viduka) I don't think they'll be the biggest threat from pot 2... Ivory Coast would be harder opponents in my opinion, although Australia would be up there with them. Any of the other teams would be ok for England, but preferably Togo or Ghana.Pot 3 looks tricky but I'd say England would want Croatia or Switzerland. Out of pot 4, it would be Iran or Saudi Arabia.
    Ghana are good - better than ivory coast - they have players like essien, appiah and kuffour. Iran are pretty decent aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    Christiano Ronaldo is a Class A c*ck.
    i'd say he's class B

i just hate it when he whinges all the time- he needs to grow up

ReputationRep:
    alan partidge....obviously

ReputationRep:
    i still dont understand why u are saying it was un-intentional, watch it agen will u!!!!

ReputationRep:
    martin tyler and andy gray

ReputationRep:
    i still dont understand why u are saying it was un-intentional, watch it agen will u!!!!
    unless u r actually michael essien......how do u no it was intentional?

ReputationRep:
    unless u r actually michael essien......how do u no it was intentional?
    because his foot was the hieght of 3 balls, and unless he plays with beach balls it shows he was going for his shin!

ReputationRep:
    because his foot was the hieght of 3 balls, and unless he plays with beach balls it shows he was going for his shin!
    challenges hit shins all the time. it happens game in game out. u cant prove it was intentional unless u made the challenge

ReputationRep:
    But could he have been reckless? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Iran are the third best team in pot 4, behind USA and Japan. I'd want Trinidad and Tobago or Saudi Arabia, but preferably T&T.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.