The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You said soccer God damn you! :biggrin: :p:
Reply 4241
NDGAARONDI
You said soccer God damn you! :biggrin: :p:

Hahaha, ok. It's because they're called soccer schools - it even says it on the t-shirt I got! I guess it should be 'football school' actually...fair point! :wink:
Also my flag is the British Antarctic Territory but I don't live there. If I did I'll have to pick up a p-p-p-p-p-p-penguin.
What a dull programme...turned on to 'Have I got News for you", soon as England's group was completed, wham, bam, thankyou mam, and i turned over to bbc1. England at best will reach semis - my prediction. It's cool we will be playing Trinidad and Tobago, with the Port Vale player interviewed on Football Focus a month back, wishing they would get drawn to play England in the world cup - indeed it has materialized.

Funny it was though. Eriksson looked so peeved at having drawn Sweden - he is swedish after all, so it must be so difficult for him in terms of showing loyalties. If say, Sweden played England in the semi-finals of the world cup, who would SGE really want to win? I appreciate the likelihood of a Sweden vs England semi-final is highly unlikely, nor have i looked at how things would work out if Sweden and England did progress that far, and whether they'd meet before or after the semi etc.....
Reply 4244
trouttrout
Wish we was in it it mate, don;t get me wrong. If you;re in the finals, I'll be supporting yous, just a bit of banta that's all...

But still banking on Holland me!

It's alright, i was only joking :wink:
Apart from England, i'd like Holland to do well. I think everyone likes Holland
Reply 4245
jamlan
It's alright, i was only joking :wink:
Apart from England, i'd like Holland to do well. I think everyone likes Holland

God no. Spain, if not the Czechs.
I don't really like Holland much any more for football. Don't like Spain either. I'll cheer on the yanks then. :biggrin:
Reply 4247
Yeah, or the Czechs
Chelsea's midfield of 99 > 04 is a bit strange.....

Poyet....
Reply 4249
No contest. Giggs-Keane-Scholes-Beckham in their prime was the best midfield in Europe
I agree.
Reply 4252
see... 'no malicious intent' :wink:
Higgy
They're are many many good English players that are just not given a chance and as a result end up in lower leagues wasting their careers

dont blame the system.

good enough ?, they can beat it.

and to be honest we have a very good system.
Reply 4254
I think that it's wicked that we got drawn T&T. A nice number of goals for us hopefully. Lol at us getting drawn against Sweden again. It would be a great time to break our sweden duck.
Hi, quite early to start predicting, but..ENJOY! Here are the FINAL GROUPS.

Please Highlight which teams you expect to win each group. First Place in BOLD, SECOND PLACE IN ITALIC.

A
1. Germany
2. Costa Rica
3. Poland
4. Ecuador

B
1. England
2. Paraguay
3. Trinidad & Tobago
4. Sweden

C
1. Argentina
2. Ivory Coast
3. Serbia & Montenegro
4. Netherlands

D
1. Mexico
2. Iran
3. Angola
4. Portugal

E
1. Italy
2. Ghana
3. United States
4. Czech Republic

F
1. Brazil
2. Croatia
3. Australia
4. Japan

G
1. France
2. Switzerland
3. South Korea
4. Togo

H
1. Spain
2. Ukraine
3. Tunisia
4. Saudi Arabia
Good. Better late than never.
what a disgrace; T&T, Angola, Saudis all in the World cup, but NO Denmark, Turkey, Greece
Costa Rica? Australia? South Korea? Do us a favour...
Reply 4259
NDGAARONDI
And we don't know what will happen with Flamini.

He's young, so he still has time to improve and prove himself.

Latest