2. Switzerland
3. South Korea
4. Togo

H
1. Spain
2. Ukraine
3. Tunisia
4. Saudi Arabia
They'd be crying their eyes out if a Chelsea player was on the receiving end like Hamann was. And if you're referring to 606 then there are a lot of idiots on there.
Reply 4282
fr browne
In my opinion USA will be in the semi finals

I think Italy and Czech Rep will go through from their group. And to be honest, it'll be a shame if those two don't go through, despite how much i enjoy watching the Italians moaning about how unfair everything is.
Reply 4283
NDGAARONDI
They'd be crying their eyes out if a Chelsea player was on the receiving end like Hamann was. And if you're referring to 606 then there are a lot of idiots on there.

No, i'm not. But i think i'll have a look there now :biggrin:
Yes it did take Essien a long while. And he only called up Hamann to apologise jus so people get off his back a little. He ain't sorry at all, the stupid ****in animal.
Reply 4285
NDGAARONDI
But it is a managerial flop to have left him on the bench too much and then sold him. They could do with him to be honest.

But didn't they get rid of him cos of, among other things, his car crash while drunk and banned? He's a very talented player, and they spotted this. There was a possibility that he'd become a star at Arsenal, but i doubt Wenger would've been impressed by his attitude and commitment. That can't have helped him get into the first team
^ Yup. But Liverpool are goin to Japan this week. Which would mean 2 games behind. So we'll probably drop a place or too. Or even none :biggrin: Haha!
Liverpool are fine.

Any big flops?

I'd say our best signing in the summer was Peter Crouch. Game winner for club AND country. Luvin' it.
Reply 4288
jusfarhan
Yes it did take Essien a long while. And he only called up Hamann to apologise jus so people get off his back a little. He ain't sorry at all, the stupid ****in animal.

he apologised. no intent. he cudda not bothered at all
Reply 4289
Toonarmy
he apologised. no intent. he cudda not bothered at all

If you say so?

Better late than never, I suppose. A bit circumspect that a spokesman releases a statement the day after the player's charged with gross misconduct, but there we go.
Reply 4290
Raindance
If you say so?

Better late than never, I suppose. A bit circumspect that a spokesman releases a statement the day after the player's charged with gross misconduct, but there we go.

he cudda just taken his punishment and said nothing. an apology, meant or not, is still better than none at all is it?? :rolleyes:
Reply 4291
Toonarmy
he cudda just taken his punishment and said nothing. an apology, meant or not, is still better than none at all is it?? :rolleyes:

We've gone through this already.
i've getten deja-vu many times reading this. twas a dirty challenge, maliciously intended or otherwise. if the ref had seen it, it would have been a red, resulting in a 3 match ban. its like shooting the prime minister and saying "sorry, i didnt mean to"
Reply 4293
Toonarmy

Of course it is. But a sincere apology is better than the one he gave
A
1. Germany
2. Costa Rica
3. Poland
4. Ecuador
Germans at home and a pretty straightforward group. 2nd place could go to any one of the other 3.
B
1. England
2. Paraguay
3. Trinidad & Tobago
4. Sweden
England "should" go through with ease. Paraguay are hugely underrated and have a team full of youngsters with the opportunity to prove something.
C
1. Argentina
2. Ivory Coast
3. Serbia & Montenegro
4. Netherlands
this is a tough group but i'm going to be boring and say Holland and the argies will go through.
D
1. Mexico
2. Iran
3. Angola
4. Portugal
Probably the easiest group and only can see portugal and mexico going through.
E
1. Italy
2. Ghana
3. United States
4. Czech Republic
Italy always do well and have that 12 year thing going for them. and i cant see either ghana or the US beating the czechs.
F
1. Brazil
2. Croatia
3. Australia
4. Japan
1st place is almost a given but it is football... but 2nd again any one of the 3 could go through, i think japan have the quality to finish 2nd and me being biased Inamoto has been class since he got a regular starting place.
G
1. France
2. Switzerland
3. South Korea
4. Togo
1st should go to France, i dont really see any other team in this group, and south korea on a high from last year could do it.
H
1. Spain
2. Ukraine
3. Tunisia
4. Saudi Arabia
This is a group in not sure about at all,Spain, Ukraine and Tunisia have the players who could get them through to the next round, the final game between Ukraine and Tunisia will decide who goes through..

Reloaded
Costa Rica? Australia? South Korea? Do us a favour...

costa rica from a group containing poland and ecuador....
and south korea is fair enough considering the other teams in their group
don't worry mate we're gonna get bashed by man utd tomorrow with kilbane starting then u can drop to 3rd
oblivious
don't worry mate we're gonna get bashed by man utd tomorrow with kilbane starting then u can drop to 3rd

have you lost all hope for everton?
I didn't believe Liverpool could be this high either. I was very worried about some of Benitez's signings (Crouch, Josemi, Nunez....) but as long as we keep winning I don't care.
The USA, and Mexico, two of the best sides in the world, both could go far, although probably wouldn't beat Brazil, if it came down to the final.
Reply 4299
South Korea and Ukraine shouldn't be underestimated, and both have a sporting chance of progressing from their respective groups.