Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    Ha as an irons fan living in portsmouth at uni, I'm surprised he came back, the fans were after his blood when he left, our local even started sellign judas t-shirts and other fairly horrible slogans. I used to quite like the man despite he fairly sharp exit from Upton Park..but it kind of reminds everyone that besides his good management, he is only really thinking of himself, probably not one of the best attributes for a manager...and he left southampton in the lurch a bit! shame really

oh well, not too bothered if portsmouth go down, I'm not gonna be here to see them play after this season!!

-Adam

ReputationRep:
    hope hargreaves doesnt go tbh

(Original post by gordih6)
    hope hargreaves doesnt go tbh
    I've got nothing against him. Regular for Bayern Munich, so he can't be all that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    I've got nothing against him. Regular for Bayern Munich, so he can't be all that bad.
    ive nothing against him, i just dont think he should be in the squad for the world cup, unless im missing something he can give that we cant get elsewhere from someone else?

But then i can't honestly say ive seen much of him if any at all this season.

(Original post by gordih6)
    ive nothing against him, i just dont think he should be in the squad for the world cup, unless im missing something he can give that we cant get elsewhere from someone else?
    He may be better than Neville, Carrick, Parker and that lot hoping for the nod at DM. Without exposure to him, given that he's never been given a chance in the England set-up and that he plays in a foreign league, we may never know. All I'm saying is that people automatically rubbish him, me included, but he is a regularly in one of the best teams in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    He normally plays rubbish whenever hes subbed on aswell..

ReputationRep:
    yeh, im basing my opinion on seeing him for england. I think carrick is a good player, better than hargreaves from what i have seen in my opion.

ReputationRep:
    scott parker was immense agianst arsenal this weekend....get him in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    I agree just look at: Cygan, Senderos, Reyes (could of got Owen for that money), Wright (great potential talent until going to Arsenal), Jeffers (ditto), Lehman, Gilberto, Poom.
    Senderos? He cost next to nothing and has done a great job for Arsenal. We got 10 clean sheets at the end of last season when he was in the line up due to Campbell's injury. Gilberto has been a very good player for only 4m. Poom is a backup player. Lehmann has had his howlers but has been very solid.

ReputationRep:
    Ivory Coast as an underdog.

But I really feel that the only team who can beat us are Brazil when we play our best football

ReputationRep:
    Would like to see both Crouch and Bent personally. As for Hargreaves he is ****. I dont watch German football but how he gets in the Bayern team Ill never know. Looks useless when he plays for England. Suspect Sven cant be bothered to watch him so he gets in on default

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloaded)
    what a disgrace; T&T, Angola, Saudis all in the World cup, but NO Denmark, Turkey, Greece
    or romania, uruguay, cameroon, nigeria

ReputationRep:
    Will Poom get any matches for Arsenal?

ReputationRep:
    Scott Parker.

ReputationRep:
    morten gamst pedersen (plays for blackburn rovers)

quick, agile, is skillful and has a great shot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colly)
    Was Reyes worth the money?
    yea i agree, he's good, but not at what? £17m? crazy money

ReputationRep:
    yayy man utd drew so we STAY second on goal difference, we have +12, man utd have +11..we both have 31 points~~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Will Poom get any matches for Arsenal?
    At the time Almunia was injured and Lehmann banned. It wasnt worth the risk relying on someone to recover from injury in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas)
    yea i agree, he's good, but not at what? £17m? crazy money
    Even Drogba is better malue for money when you compare £ per goal.

ReputationRep:
    Ever since Mourinho labelled Lampard the best player in the world, he hasn't been performing, do you think this is true, that he has put too much pressure on him.

I watched the highlight of the chelsea - liverpool game, and chelsea - wigan game, he was non-existant, them only scoring 2 goals was the result of this

He's the most important player in the chelsea squad, along with Terry, he sets up the attack for the wingers, duff, robben, j.cole, wright phillips and can tackle, score and intercept.

He hasn't scored for ages, not sure when he last scored, and his shooting has not been good recently

I might be wrong, 'cause i only watched the two games he was in.

Should Mourinho drop him from the starting 11, and give other players a chance? e.g gerimi

I think Mourinho should not drop him at present, but if his form doesn't improve in the next 5-10 games then he should.

Scholes in Man utd has past it for a couple of seasons, and hes still in the starting 11. Is reputation more important then performance?

Why won't erricsson ever sub beckham, even when hes had a bad game?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.