Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    so has someone like del piero, but he's only 31 aswell.
    But Del Piero can still run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoblox)
    But Del Piero can still run.
    hehe yeh, del piero is still pretty good. Its different for everyone. Look at pires - he is 32 and he is very fast, while look at vieri - he is 32 and if he runs a few metres he is out of breath and lying on the floor!

West is 31 - he is just an overrated defender - he was good at inter for one season and thats it.

ReputationRep:
    There was an excellent article by a Nigerian journalist who begs to differ, although the website it was on no longer works unfortunatly. Apparantly it is common knowledge in Nigeria that there is no way in hell that West is 31 and that he isnt the only Nigerian footballer who has lied about their age.

I was speaking to somebody at Plymouth Argyle who said that the reason West had his contract terminated was that he was found to have 4 different passports with 4 different birthdates! Honestly, i remember seeing him play for Derby County about 5-6 years ago and he was immense. At Plymouth he was an absolute joke.

ReputationRep:
    arsenal should have bought michael owen and sean-wright philips and i reckon they would be owning so much more in the premiership...

...it's just arsene is a cheap ******* and every now and then makes a big money transfer which is ****....

..alexander hleb is good, but he barely plays!!! arsene leaves him on the bench so what a waste of £8m?

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Welcome back to the third instalment of “The most popular quiz in the sports forum of :tsr:
    There will be 10 stadiums from within the UK which you can try to identify and I’ve made it much easier after the debacle of the 2nd instalment which was waaaay too hard.

“Sponsored by Google Earth”
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    and the second set of 5
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    We have Burton or Burscough so we may as well just say we're in the 4th round.
    I hope your prawn sandwich tastes nice, cos you won't beat the mighty brewers!

ReputationRep:
    arsenal should have bought michael owen and sean-wright philips and i reckon they would be owning so much more in the premiership...

...it's just arsene is a cheap ******* and every now and then makes a big money transfer which is ****....

..alexander hleb is good, but he barely plays!!! arsene leaves him on the bench so what a waste of £8m?

ReputationRep:
    1. Ibrox - Rangers
    2. Riverside Stadium - Middlesborough
    3. Villa Park - Aston Villa
    4. Anfield - Liverpool
    5. Fratton Park - Portsmouth
    6. Dundee United?
    7.Ricoh Arena - Coventry?
    8. St James Park - Newcastle
    9. Upton Park - West Ham
    10. Celtic Park?

Nice quiz, some are pretty tough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stale88)
    1. Ibrox - Rangers
    2. Riverside Stadium - Middlesborough
    3. Villa Park - Aston Villa
    4. Anfield - Liverpool
    5. Fratton Park - Portsmouth
    6. Dundee United?
    7.Ricoh Arena - Coventry?
    8. St James Park - Newcastle
    9. Upton Park - West Ham
    10. Celtic Park?

Nice quiz, some are pretty tough
    8/10 well done only got 6 and 7 wrong

ReputationRep:
    1.Ibrox-Rangers
    2.Riverside Stadium-Middlesbrough
    3.Villa Park-Aston Villa
    4.Anfield-Liverpool
    5.Fratton Park-Portsmouth
    6.Craven Cottage-Fulham (prior to redevlopment)
    7.The Hawthons-WBA
    8.St James Park-Newcastle
    9.Upton Park-West Ham Utd
    10.Parkhead/Celtic Park-Celtic suprisingly lol

ReputationRep:
    Yer 6 is defo Fulham, because thats the Thames and Bishop's Park next to it.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason the USA and Mexico are ranked so highly is the fact that they generally play crappy teams. they dont have the stiff competition like European and South American Teams on the whole. The USA couldnt even bet an england reserve side at home in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy)
    1.Ibrox-Rangers
    2.Riverside Stadium-Middlesbrough
    3.Villa Park-Aston Villa
    4.Anfield-Liverpool
    5.Fratton Park-Portsmouth
    6.Craven Cottage-Fulham (prior to redevlopment)
    7.The Hawthons-WBA
    8.St James Park-Newcastle
    9.Upton Park-West Ham Utd
    10.Parkhead/Celtic Park-Celtic suprisingly lol
    Congrats thats 10/10 if i got time later on i'll make a slightly tougher one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas)

Go and watch football for the rest of this season and then come back and make some comments because you clearly dont know alot.

'Arsene is a cheap *******' He doesnt own the club, he doesnt control the transfer budget.
    There's a perfect reason why we didnt get SWP because Chelsea priced us out of it. They bought him for twice what he is worth and he has been poor for Chelsea. As much as I like Owen he really isnt a solution to our problems.

'alexander hleb is good, but he barely plays!!! arsene leaves him on the bench so what a waste of £8m?'
    He is very good. If you followed football at all you would know that Hleb got injured over a month ago and thats why he hasnt played. He has only just come back to fitness and you cant expect him to play 90mins hence the reason he has been on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    So much wasted money at Man United - Ferdinand, Veron, djemba djemba, kleberson et al.

Some may disagree with me in regards to the first on that list, but you SHOULDNT! I don't think Ferdinand plays with any passion for the club, his quality is as inconsistent as his style is laissez-faire/slouchy. I have no respect for him as player and person - for him to demand what he wanted after the drugs test fiasco, he sat out for 8 months, contributed nothing towards the team, then wants some bonus! I just don't feel a team ideally wants characters like this in the squad, and hes simply just not that good - terry, campbell and carragher are far better players. I hope to god ferdinand doesnt start in the world-cup games - he got back into the england set up and starting line up far too cheaply.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned OLEG LUZHNY. As forgetable as he was, he was a woeful defender.Christopher wreh? was he another one who vanished without a trace? Arsenal have a fairly settledteam of good players now, ut in wengers first few seasons, there were quite a few dodgy players i seem to recall.

ReputationRep:
    grrr woking lost 2-1 to northwich last night and those damn players do a chicken dance to celebrate playing Sunderland in January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy)
    The only reason the USA and Mexico are ranked so highly is the fact that they generally play crappy teams. they dont have the stiff competition like European and South American Teams on the whole. The USA couldnt even bet an england reserve side at home in the summer.
    The South American equivalent of the Euro Championships, the Copa America, involves invited teams from other federations. It has done for over a decade and Mexico is always one of of those treams. So they do play the less good North American teams, but also play the less bad South American teams. This means they play more competitive games, which means they take the results of the games more seriously, which can only help their ranking situation. Especially since competitive games count for more. I think that makes sense!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.