The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4540
kpg
In the end while we were pissing about with Owen we missed out on a defender and right midfielder which was a more pressing concern.

The Stevie hokey-pokey didn't help matters either. We'd been preoccupied for vast tracts of the window, srabbling around for a CM as he'd declared his intentions to go.
Reply 4541
I think it's fair to say that Arsenal aren't a major Premiership force anymore.

At most, they'll get a Champions League place this season.

I don't like Arsenal but Van Persie's goal should have counted!
And Essien should have got a second yellow, Senderos off for last man and a penalty by a hold by Lehmann etc. The main thing is that the winners were the deserved winners.
Reply 4543
lol yeh right arsenal arent a force nemore
arsenal did play better for the most part... but mourinho had his defence organised.. i wasnt surprised that the 2 wingers scored..
What a shame, as a United fan I was hoping Arsenal would win.

But I'm still happy, I hate Arsenal with a passion and am glad they are declining.
What a shame, as a United fan I was hoping Arsenal would win.

I think the rest of the Premiership wanted Arsenal to win, but hey what's the point? Chelsea have already won it.
Reply 4547
i won £50 on chelsea scoring first.
Reply 4548
zooropa
I think it's fair to say that Arsenal aren't a major Premiership force anymore.
stupid choice of words. you mean they don't stand a chance of winning this season? not the same thing.

Really?! Theyr'e really good odds...how much did you bet on it?
Reply 4550
chewwy
stupid choice of words. you mean they don't stand a chance of winning this season? not the same thing.

Is it?

They're currently eighth! That's hardly being a force is it?!

I think they'll finish in the top four, but that's about it. If Henry leaves, then things will get worse! There isn't anyone available in the Premiership at least who can score as many goals.
chewwy

Lucky that the goal was disallowed.
Reply 4552
Come On CHELSEA
Reply 4553
delete.
Reply 4554
lol, this thread was about why osasuna were 12/1 to beat real madrid, then i realised that osasuna weren't doind too well. now they're 1-0 up. ****.
Reply 4555
Arsenal should have been 1-nil up, and then the story could have been a lot more different.
Reply 4556
the whole wolrd wanted arsenal to win and as a little bit pressure is applied to arsenal they fail to deliver. i do think though that chelsea will lose/draw some games. arsenal are in the middle of rebuiding even WIGAN are above them.
A disgrace to football. The 3rd shocking incident in under half a season. You get idiots like Keane and Drogba but none come as bad as this.
Reply 4558
Economist
A disgrace to football. The 3rd shocking incident in under half a season. You get idiots like Keane and Drogba but none come as bad as this.

I completely 100% agree. I was saying today that nothing will be done, if ever, until he ends someones career, which he probably will.
Xenon
Arsenal should have been 1-nil up, and then the story could have been a lot more different.

If you're on about the offside that wasn't you might as well leave that. Chelsea had the same situation against Everton. The fact that Chelsea pressed pretty hard in the first 20 minutes meant that a lot of teams would have already conceded. Arsenal on the day were 2nd best overall.

Latest