Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I hear England fans say how there is only two teams in the SPL (Celtic and Rangers). Same can be said for England had it not been for Chelsea.
    Hmm yes and i suppose we would all prefer a monopoly over a duopoly. it would make things a lot more interesting for the neutrals wouldnt it!

For many years we had a Man Utd monopoly, we were getting bored. Then came Arsenal to liven things up a bit. Then came Chelsea to eventually wreck the excitement again.

Just imagine the current title race without Chelsea's billions...... Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs battling it out, probably with Chelsea in the mix aswell, with Arsenal desperately trying to catch up.

But the reality is that the title race is already a foregone conclusion, just like it was in the 90s. Now we are just waiting to see who will get the automatic CL spot. And nobody can argue with the fact that Chelsea have bought their success. Yes, they do have a good manager, but they bought him aswell.

...and yes i know this should be in the Chelsea thread...

ReputationRep:
    Title race aint over yet, I predict Chelsea will fall at the end of the season, because teams are working them out, a teams gotta loose eventually. i think the title race will be between Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool. gonna go to put money on Liverpool now.

ReputationRep:
    pool after Cesar and Collocini. that would make 4 centrebacks...

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to this game tonight...i would say its going to be a quite easy victory for Liverpool...but you never know...

Cmon Liverpool..! :top:

(Original post by BaD_BoY)
    Looking forward to this game tonight...i would say its going to be a quite easy victory for Liverpool...but you never know...
    Never, ever say that again - when referring to the derby. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Never, ever say that again - when referring to the derby. :eek:
    :eek: It won't let me sign into msn (I havent just abandoned you, honest!)

ReputationRep:
    Well arn't Everton just ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    :eek: It won't let me sign into msn (I havent just abandoned you, honest!)
    Oi, less of the lovey-dovey stuff you.

You're spoken for. :love: Sam

ReputationRep:
    Good odds on the vBookie!

ReputationRep:
    yh 3-1 lpool come on

Heh.

And its Davie Moyes, ohh its Davie Moyes!

ReputationRep:
    Good result for us again in a potential banana skin!

Shame our clean sheet run was broke by such a fat man!

Well that was a piece of piss? They really do have a miserable shower of ***** playing for them atm...

ReputationRep:
    after that result (a game we would probably have lost 2 years ago) i am confident we'll finish top 3

ReputationRep:
    What do you think will Lee Trundle stay at Swansea City or will he go?

ReputationRep:
    If Everton make a bid for him then he's going...but personally i don't think he's good enough for the premiership...

ReputationRep:
    I hate to say this, seeing as they still call it soccer, and now they've got every damn newspaper in England calling it soccer as well, but I think the Yanks have a good shot of causing a major upset. It shouldn't be much of a surprise after the performance at the last world cup (because everyone ignores FIFA's rankings because they're *******s) but I think they could make the final if they have a bit of luck on their side.
    Also, I think the Swedes, as always, could be a match for anyone on their day. I like the way they play, it's attractive football compared to the style that other 'small' European countries play. And they alwasy seems to have that bit of danger up front, no matter who's playing.
    And I hope I'm underestimating the African teams, because even though they are nobody's in the world of football, I'd love to see another Senegal emerge. Togo are my choice, just because they seem so pitiful.
    And because I met Birchall in the pub the other week, I've got to say Trinidad and Tobago stand a chance if they can get that second palce spot behind England.

ReputationRep:
    Serbia n Montenegro, tho they're in a crazily hard group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaD_BoY)
    If Everton make a bid for him then he's going...but personally i don't think he's good enough for the premiership...
    you never know, cahill last season and darren bent have shown that players can step up from a lower league. then again trundle is from a lower league than their previous clubs

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly. I expect he'll perform similarly to Zamora. I'm doubtful as to whether he'd perform in the Premiership. I've no doubt he'd be a good Championship player though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.